PDA

View Full Version : It just occured to me... ASIA!?

-FN-
20-12-05, 09:59
Remember when KK put a bunch of stuff on hold for that Asian Server thing?

It occured to me, KK was willing to outsource Neocron to a company in Asia that would run it's own servers... why wouldn't they do that for North America?

*drools at the though of Neocron with 50 ping*

xyl_az
20-12-05, 10:28

It occured to me, KK was willing to outsource Neocron to a company in Asia that would run it's own servers... why wouldn't they do that for North America?

If you find some company in US ready to take the risk - heres your chance. Its not only about leased servers, you need to have a company which can offer support, money etc.

Spermy
20-12-05, 10:31
Perhaps some kind of update on the whole Asia thing would be nice too. I think if they stepped up thier advertising a little more and attracted US players it would be pretty viable for them to do that. They would need a team to run it stateside, which could cost a little though.

Demental
20-12-05, 10:36
Melee tanks with good ping... scary :D

xyl_az
20-12-05, 10:39
obviously, asian people didnt want it. and thats all

There are some significant differences in asian mmorpgs and european/us ones, which is the reason why asians wants to lease the whole game rather than the server itself. They want the sourcecode and the server structure ready for launch, then they run some tests through it and change it accordingly to their needs.
Obviously this test didnt bring anything good, so they forgot about KK and Neocron.

dont compare asian mmorpgs to euro ones, there are too many differences there

Spermy
20-12-05, 10:47
obviously, asian people didnt want it. and thats all

There are some significant differences in asian mmorpgs and european/us ones, which is the reason why asians wants to lease the whole game rather than the server itself. They want the sourcecode and the server structure ready for launch, then they run some tests through it and change it accordingly to their needs.
Obviously this test didnt bring anything good, so they forgot about KK and Neocron.

dont compare asian mmorpgs to euro ones, there are too many differences there

Ouch. Thats harsh, for a question from someone who wasn't around to learn about what happened! I only asked what had happened, before addressing the point FN made. I didn't compare anything. 8|

xyl_az
20-12-05, 10:49
Ouch. Thats harsh, for a question from someone who wasn't around to learn about what happened! I only asked what had happened, before addressing the point FN made. I didn't compare anything. 8|

its ok, dont worry, i wasnt flaming you, but explaining :)

QuantumDelta
20-12-05, 11:04

You want to disperse the playerbase even more? x_X

I don't see the logic.

RogerRamjet
20-12-05, 11:57
Arent Asian peeps psychotic when it comes to MMOs?

Demental
20-12-05, 12:19
As in they spend every waking moment not at work or school, online playing games?

Yes.

Riddle
20-12-05, 12:35

I don't see the logic.

Kinda agree here if you split the pops even more this game will die we should condense more servers and offer a 1 slot :D

LTA
20-12-05, 12:42
Apart from setup money i dunno why kk hasnt gone into the US market this game is right down american players street (i think us in general prefer war, shooting killing genre games to the pansey ones like ffxi where u cant kill each) if they picked a small are say like east and seen how it went.

There was no way this game was getting far in asia, it dosent have fishing for a start and a lot of them prefer there pvm well at least the load i met in ffxi did

suler
20-12-05, 13:43

I don't see the logic.

If they completely outsourced the game like asian mmos do then it would basically be a total new release. It might split some of the current playerbase but, most of the players would probably be new players.

Cor
20-12-05, 15:09
Yes!! A North American Server, I 've been asking for the last couple of years. Take all the resouce that were for Asia and send them over. There has to be company ready to expain in the MMO world in North American too. Bring it on over. :)

Dogface
20-12-05, 15:21
Resources from Neptune used for a US server would make you guys happy huh? :rolleyes:
I swear you want to see that server die a horrible death :D

Paper Dragon
20-12-05, 15:44
I doubt it got off the ground over there, personally.

In my experience, Asians tend to enjoy the fantasy based MMOs more than anything; just look at Lineage, for example.

Dogface
20-12-05, 15:56
I doubt it got off the ground over there, personally.

In my experience, Asians tend to enjoy the fantasy based MMOs more than anything; just look at Lineage, for example.

And WoW for another example.
Anyone who played WoW for a while would know how bad the Chinese farming problem was on some servers :D
Not saying every farmer was Chinese, but I personally got unbearable amounts of directs in Chinese offering 'good deals' on gold :rolleyes:

kurai
20-12-05, 16:05
I swear you want to see that server die a horrible death :DI think the boat has already well and truly sailed on that one ;)

Digital-Talios
20-12-05, 17:10
As in they spend every waking moment not at work or school, online playing games?

Yes.

reminds me of myself before I found a girlfriend and then later my wife :angel:

Marx
20-12-05, 17:24
Well, we all know that most MMO players reside in North America or Asia.

While eurocentric mmo's are great - they'll remain small potatoes as long as they're eurocentric.

Gee - I recall saying that many times throughout my forums history. =/

-FN-
20-12-05, 19:53
As in they [Asians] spend every waking moment not at work or school, online playing games?
Hrm... I'm half Asian... Maybe that explains my horrible gaming addiction :p

MasterChief
21-12-05, 05:43
i thought the asian release didnt get past its beta stage due to the game having to many bugs they didnt want to take the risk or somthing.

yavimaya
21-12-05, 07:08
Yes!! A North American Server, I 've been asking for the last couple of years. Take all the resouce that were for Asia and send them over. There has to be company ready to expain in the MMO world in North American too. Bring it on over. :)

I like the way people are calling for a north american server.
You really think this will boost the population as much as an asian server would? HA!

There are as many people in alot of the asian countries by themselves, let alone all of them put together.
Admittedly a hell of alot are too poor for the game, not that there arent alot of americans who couldnt afford it either.

But yeah, im from Australia, and would love to see an asian/ pacific server, playing with 350-500 ping average makes me useless in PVP.

THE_TICK!!!!
21-12-05, 13:38
lol i LOVE to hear about people with bad ping :) my ping on a GOOD day is 700, on a bad day 5000, at 700 ping i can kill most people, and if i die its not to do lag or ping, its cause whoever i fought was damn good :) at 2000 ping and above it gets tough, do to reload lag, spell lag and whatnot.

RogerRamjet
21-12-05, 15:28
Thats coz youre a noob tick :D

THE_TICK!!!!
21-12-05, 16:04
,,i,,