19-12-05, 22:09
Open the launcher.

"Your Account"

Login

"Cancal Account"

Toodles.

james_finn
19-12-05, 22:18
Can I ask why you dont like it any more?

Some feedback would be cool - maybe then KK can see whats driving people away?

kvhn
20-12-05, 05:31
Yes, you may James_Finn...
Bare with my English
I like the game to be honest... This is the first MMORPG (maybe MMOFPSGs to be exact) that i have play that FPS. I really like it but
:( the lack of unique look for characters sort of drove me off a bit...
:( the lack of people playing the game
:( which comes to lack of items in game - weapons to help me (couldnt find any weapon to buy to help me kill things a bit faster... No one around to sell what i was looking for.
:( the game is cool and unique but the amo cost too much and if i don't want to be gimped, then i have to spent money... recycling costing points which i need to max out my rifle skill. I am sort of new to the game... have not experienced much of NC(10 days trial) beside the Newbie Yard (not sure what it called)... I am not sure if there is a cap point some where so you can put some points some where else instead of put all in one skill to be good at it.
:( Weight limit is bugging me because as a spy... I am super weak and I like to carry different guns and that require different amo(s), which in turn really weight me down and I couldn't loot anything much at all to make extra cash to buy amo.

Absolute Zero (spy/assassin)
Mechanical Alchemist (spy/scientist)

S0lo
20-12-05, 11:50
dunno but maybe you can cancel yer account and start a new 10 day trial. (not sure if that is possible) And like make a tank, then you can carry a lot of shit and blast stuff away and all. The newbie area is shitty, get out there as quick as possible. Just head for the genrep and teleport in yer appartment. then go outside into the big bad city and kill rats in sewers and stuff and meet people in plaza 1 (if they don't run you by shouting KOS KOS wtf omg B00n B00n whatever :cool: )

You should really start a trial together with a friend so you can team up together otherwise it stinks cause of the low population on the servers nowadays. Anyhows, IF its possible to start another 10 day trial then give it a go. its free and all.

kvhn
20-12-05, 17:44
Thanks Solo but I already did 10 days on this so i doubt if they let me... maybe a new account.
As trying to get a friend to play with... i doubt that will ever happen. Most of my friends are not into these games and those that into them just play other games like EQ2, WoW or other games.
Thanks any way...

Nidhogg
20-12-05, 17:58
If you've not played much outside of MC5 then you've not really seen anything, which is a shame.

N

cRazy-
20-12-05, 18:27
If you've not played much outside of MC5 then you've not really seen anything, which is a shame.

N

hahahaha Kvhn...

MC5 reflects NOTHING of the real game, its a newbie helping zone which I never bothered checking out even when I started for the first time.

You seriously need to experience neocron (or dome of york) before you consider cancelling, if you havn't then you could be missing out on (from your opinion) a great game.

Vampire222
20-12-05, 18:27
learning curve is steep as hell, especially for a spy, i always reccomend ppl to start off in nc with a pe, their the easyest class imo to begin with.

pabz
20-12-05, 20:12
learning curve is steep as hell, especially for a spy, i always reccomend ppl to start off in nc with a pe, their the easyest class imo to begin with.

i think tanks easier

kvhn
20-12-05, 23:41
Everyone seems helpful and nice.
So I am going to give it another shot
I just created second account.
So what should i try? PE Assassin?
TANK? which one is tank by the way?
I want to make a scientist and engineer to self provide because it hards to find weapons in this game...
I am still disappointing in the character creation - lack of unique looks.
Thanks

Mal
20-12-05, 23:51
Everyone seems helpful and nice.
So I am going to give it another shot
I just created second account.
So what should i try? PE Assassin?
TANK? which one is tank by the way?
I want to make a scientist and engineer to self provide because it hards to find weapons in this game...
I am still disappointing in the character creation - lack of unique looks.
Thanks

GENTank (beserk) gives you close combat weapons that need no ammo. This might be useful to learn the very basics of the game.

cRazy-
20-12-05, 23:52
Kvhn, you can buy weapons from the shop, but you really need to get your own built, you very rarely can find weapons people are selling.

Buy the weapon from a shop, take it to a researcher to get blueprints made (get a few done), go to crytons and buy the weaponparts requested on each blueprint (if you have 3 blueprints, buy 3 sets of the parts), once this is done find a constructor, he can build you it.

I would suggest either a heavy combat tank or a pistol PE, tanks are easy but take a long time to level, PE's only have 80 dex and int too level as the highest skill, they are also more versitile.

kvhn
21-12-05, 00:35
Thank you cRazy
BUT why PE Pistol? What Profession would that be?
I went to NC once... Some one helped me get a vehicle... but i got bored and gave him the vehicle and deleted my toon. I didn't like the Spy Driver Droner much... was sooo boring.
The city is nice but a bit confusing like a maze.
I liked Assassin because of the rifle... love being able to take things out from distance before they get to me.
I tried a Spy Scientist as well but he was soooo weak. Pistol was a bit weak but not so bad though.
Would PE Scientist or Engineer be better than Spy Scientist or Engineer? I didn't like the fact that recycle and repair of of eat away some dex points that required to get you really good in either pistol which i am hoping to use to keep myself alive and gathering stuffs... I am just guessing about that though.

kvhn
21-12-05, 00:37
I had a soldier using grenade launcher but :( I had to put skill in recycle since grenades are so expensive :( would that hinder my weapon lore skill?

ZoVoS
21-12-05, 00:53
lore is INT

recycle is DEX

dex is used for running faster and using higher TC lvl weapons... TC is a minimum requierment skill on a tank so dont over spec for it

basicaly tell us what u like doing most or what sounds most fun and we can tell u how to go about it

APU = insane damage easy aiming dead in a few hits if u havent got a ppu

PPU = un killable but basicaly useless on your own

HYB = godly and simple to lvl but if u plan to use a ppu then totaly pointless, also great to level. but weaker damage output

MEELE TANK = no starting cost. easy lvling at low lvls. decent damage very much solo play. can afford to carry ALOT of stuff

HEAVY TANK = horible to lvl at low lvls with grenade launchers but the second you get onto a real gun there brilliant

HACKER = open random doors n boxes. fun at lower lvls opening a box n finding some amour u cant afford in the shops (i remember doing that in TH long long time ago after roling new characters) you also get into hacknet which is a different expiriance from the mainstream game

Riful user = EVIL BASTARDS (sorry i got sniped from miles away earlyer n im still in a bad mood... capped tank capped resist. stoped a few seconds for hacking and boom woke up dead) if that sounds like suming ud like to do then pick one of them

VHC's = if u see your self more as a person who wants to fly giant fortresses with bombs. or drive tanks n bikes and gun them then vhcs will be the way for you. however if u are new which u are. getting ur hands on any decent vhc is going to be realy hard

versitility = if u want to try a bit of everything then a pe speccing a few points in everything is the way to go. skills can always be lommed out later

trade skiller = if u like to sit still n erm... make batches of data cubes (i supose its the warm fuzzy feeling of helping ppl... i prefer shooting them my self :p ) or u just like the rush of seeing an item with 5 slots and ur name branded on it. then a tradeskiller is more for you

basicaly tell me what u want to do n ill tell you how to lvl ;)

kvhn
21-12-05, 01:20
I just typed a long lengthy post replying to ZoVos and after clicking submit the site acted up and i lost them all :(
So i am making this short...
Thanks ZoVos for helpful tips

What you mean when you say Rifle Users? Who else use rifle beside Assassin? Who is best at it?

I like assassin... I tried Spy/Assassin before but i hate it because i was so weak to carry anything to make money...
As for skills... Should i dump everything in Rifle Combat and Weapon Lore? I like recycle but i heard that will gimp me since i am taking away from points from the main skill, Rifle Combat (R-C)... Is that correct?
Thanks in advance... for all the helps

LiL T
21-12-05, 01:39

N

OH so MC5 area is infact shit, wait players (old players) were telling you this all along but no you tryed to make it better. Most people said get rid of it for noobs but no, KK had to try and make it better, tell you what I got my father to try this game. His comp is faster and more expensive than mine atm and he lagged in MC5 but I sorted it for him, I told him this is the noob area hes like ugh this is shit after 1 hour.

IT's shit get rid of it, he also quit the game after about 2 hours dispite me telling him it would get better after the rat killing....

Only 1 problem in your game, there are many plz work them out from what your comunity is say, then fix them or bye bye...

ZoVoS
21-12-05, 02:00
OH so MC5 area is infact shit, wait players (old players) were telling you this all along but no you tryed to make it better. Most people said get rid of it for noobs but no, KK had to try and make it better, tell you what I got my father to try this game. His comp is faster and more expensive than mine atm and he lagged in MC5 but I sorted it for him, I told him this is the noob area hes like ugh this is shit after 1 hour.

IT's shit get rid of it, he also quit the game after about 2 hours dispite me telling him it would get better after the rat killing....

Only 1 problem in your game, there are many plz work them out from what your comunity is say, then fix them or bye bye...

urgh dont use that as an excuse to flame... noob mc5 is good, but its not the whole game... how many noobs have been like WTF when they realise theres an entier unexplored wasteland outside the gates of nc... i know ppl who never left the gates for over a month until they found it

i was lucky enough to start in the canyons =]

what nids saying is its a pitty quitting before seeing what nc has to offer

and if your going an assasing dump all ur dex into riful APART from whatever tl is needed for ur favorite/current riful ammo (right click the ammo and read the tl)... first thing to get is a recycle tool then ur ammo becomes free. if u have free spaces u can just role a noob n drop ur self a recycle tool... i forget which noob starts with one. im sure it tells u know

the nooby mister jones mission gives u a nice sniper riful but unless ur in the waste snipers are usless... OR not =] because u can find a city com take hard missions to kill aggressor captins. shoot them once n hide until ur gun is ready to shoot again. if ur new to the game dont take ur le out (eww i cant belive i said that) press F1 and click coustum and click help channel and ask any questions. also ask if theres any noobs on wanting to lvl with you

basicaly dump ALL your dex in riful ALL your int in wep
when u have gained a few lvls u may want to dump a few points of int in implant for self inplanting ur self. and a few more points of dex in recycle for higher TL ammo

if your not using a sniper riful i advise u avoide the aggies because ur resists wont be high enough

put ALL ur str at low lvls into transport

(add resist force at lvl 8... i have always done it that way)

Nidhogg
21-12-05, 02:24
OH so MC5 area is infact shit (rest of ridiculous rant snipped)
What part of the statement that you quoted is either:

a) factually incorrect, or
b) leading you to believe that I think the small newbie area that is MC5 is shit?

N

LiL T
21-12-05, 04:06
I don't think I'm gonna say much more after this, on this subject, you people seem to think MC5 is great and works. Well it does not work, it is meant to be a new player area, a place which they LEARN something about the game etc. But no they learn FUK ALL while in there, which is the reason they ask really simple questions on trade/help channel. They of coarse then get greeted with STFU noob, yeah thats a reality btw but luckly there is always someone to explain etc.

Thats not good enough as a noob experence imo, they should be shown how to use cst/resser/repair/poke tool depending on there profession. Just take a look at AO and you will see a propper noob experence, where it is fun to be new and not every one calls you a thick cunt for asking simple questions.

/edit

you have to treat everyone as complete idoits to have the entire noob population taught the basics..

LiL T
21-12-05, 04:16
What part of the statement that you quoted is either:

a) factually incorrect, or
b) leading you to believe that I think the small newbie area that is MC5 is shit?

N

Was only describing what it looked like and after all people said about MC5 being shit with someone posting this thread saying the game sucked ... well..

/edit

@ thread starter the game does have a lot to it though, if you really have not seen past MC5. I think you best go look outside the box you started in befor you cancel your account.

LTA
21-12-05, 07:16
Wonder how many people have come started in mc5 been absoloutly clueless and been told to stfu on trade/help then quit without posting on here.

It's ok saying on here "Shame you didnt see the rest" but shouldnt the message of more be in noob mc5 rather than having to come from a forum mod where only a "minority" of the playerbase actually post.
I spend a lot of time on trade answering the same simple questions over n over, one day i am gonna run mc5 myself to see if this info is lacking or people are bein ignorant of it, because i assume the first.

ZoVoS
22-12-05, 00:41
the tutorial sets u up fine for the game if u are actualy bothered to do it when creating a new character

Scaramanga
22-12-05, 00:49
kvhn,

If you play on the terra server send me a Private message via the forum mail with your main character name in game and I'll be more than happy to help with any queries you have in game. (I'm not a GM by the way).

Vasquez
22-12-05, 01:33

N

well, the MC5 starter area might cause a lot of players leaving the game forever before it really starts. As I started NC2 completely clueless via the 10 day trial (no one of my friends was playing this MMPROG) I was also running around and bored very quick.

I gave it another chance the second day (in fact I was bored playing ww2ol (3 years) and SWG (1 year) and since I hate elfes there were not many other choices). After 30 minutes i logged off again.

On my third day I said "ok lets try another time before destalling". I was lucky cause a old veteran player picked me up (he created a new account) and well.... I have 2 accounts now and brought along a half dozen other dudes playing since three month all day and night.

Anyway. I wont ever like to miss my first days in neocron city. What the hell means conster, imper and repper...?? o_O 8| :lol: