PDA

View Full Version : What I would love to see changed

Kozmos
19-12-05, 04:16
Ok...

This threads a build up of stuff ive been thinking about, and some ideas that others have posted and for the most part, gone un noticed. Its not in any particular order, and this threads more for constructive conversation and further refining the ideas

Neocron has needed a major graphics overhaul since before it even went gold, and it now has it, and personally, i like the new graphics, with the planned 2.2 their gonna refine the player models and update all the NPC models. With this, the game will seem more of a Neocron2 than just a revamped NC1
===
I'd Love to see roaming NPC's, the codes there for patrolling copbots, so just put some generic NPC's runnin to work in the mornins, rushin home to their families in the evenings, then when a NPC tells you to piss off, you can guess why :p
===
Auction's/Shops... Ive been playing progect entropia again for a while now, and have to say its the easiest auction system ive seen in a mmo. PE isnt a game that just does things by half, because of the way that everything has a reallife value, they do it properly and have proved a system that works. Cant KK take a look at it and create a similar system atall ?
===
Apartments, this to me still seems something thats in the works, im sure at some point i saw pics of empty glass cabinets and stuff like that, and just the other day there was a thread with the great idea of dropping items in your apartment, and they dont dissapear. Just make it so that the only person that can pick up items in an apartment is the owner. This would add sooo much to decorating your apartments, could have food on the table, your spare weapons on show, everything, would look fantastic.
===
Player mods: Yes, this is a weak point recently with a couple of hacks having been created... unfortunately i dont think that could have been stopped anyway. Why cant those of us that make skins as a hobby for other games like halflife etc, make skins for neocron... even if you stop the way that neocron will read a .bmp in the folder instead of the original from the pak, let us make skins and send them in for verification, and add them, its free added content from the community and adds more variety... please...
===
Parashock... I hate it :p i dont mind the movement nerf, that doesent make you much more of a target, just means people can keep up with you, what I absolutely detest is the way it totally fucks up any chance of proper self defence due to the major mouse fuckage. meaning you have to move your mouse a meter to turn around, when youve only got like 30cm on your desk to move your mouse O_o Just remove the way parashock effects your mouse, keep the run speed reduction
===
PPU's, ok yes i know i have one with me a fair chunk of the time i play now, but who doesent ? ... I wouldnt use one if they wernt a requirement like they are now... Holy heal is the problem, and has been for a damn long time... Keep TL3 as it is, TL10 is 9 a tick i believe, make blessed 12 a tick and holy 14 a tick. Dont go OHNOES BUT PVM WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE !!?!1 they can adjust all mob damages to go back in line with this.
Shelter/Def/DB etc, im fine with all other PPU spells, its just the heals are way too powerfull and fast for the damage system in pvp
===
More random quests, for items that are more to show off and say ive got this, than something that effects pvp in any way. I think it was SWG where you could collect rare drop items, and combine them to make rugs for your houses, or furniture etc that could only be obtained this way
===
Clan Wars. Always been a requirement, when it comes to clan vs clan disputes, can you please make a functional clan wars page on the citycom. Clan A declares war on Clan B, Clan B must accept this to avoid any possibility of a griefing clan that just willy nilly adds every clan it see's. If one clan wishes to stop the war, then this would also require confirmation from the other clan aswell to dissolve it. While clans are at war, make soullight penalties differ, say half the penalty if your in a patrolled zone, but in wasteland sectors, theres no SL or Symp loss when 2 "allied/neutral"clans fight but are declared at war.
===
Outposts, This is an idea ive had for ages, never really seen it pop up atall so i guess ill throw it into this one... How about making new items for constructions, turning them into a bit more than a machine in techhaven or a clan apt just makin stuff. Their the only ones that can place turrets, which sounds sensible to me as their the only ones that would rightfully be able to make them. How about stuff like Placeable barricades. Placed Just like a turret, it makes a wall appear, it can be used to block off outpost enterances. The wall would have a health bar like a mob, the high level barricade, the more health it would have, taking longer to break down. When the walls destroyed it would give a warning to the defending clan that its been destroyed meaning someone is trying to get inside their outpost/hackroom. This would also open up stratergies like using gliders to get inside the OP and get the hacks done before they can react to it.
Another thing I would also like to see done about outposts is removal of the underground GR. Its just a get out clause for the defending clan if their losing as it currently stands ...

anyway, if anything else pops into my head ill just add it to this thread.