PDA

View Full Version : Put back old Char models

onero S
19-12-05, 01:16
or at least give us the option of using them. I saw a gm today with the old monk model and it looked really damn cool, plus obviously the coding is still in game, please please, put the old models back

SovKhan
19-12-05, 01:18
great post.

5 stars.

Hell-demon
19-12-05, 01:25
old chars look blocky and crap.

Only a few of 'em are good.

God I wish evo 2.2 would eb here soon

-FN-
19-12-05, 02:12
The new character models are exponentially better than the old ones - technical fact.

The SKINS on the models are what everyone wants... I personally think NC needs more real cyberpunk models like this tank:

Tratos
19-12-05, 02:19
Lets hope 2.2 brings us some decent new models/skins.

I hope there are a crap load more clothing choices which can only be chosen at the Rokkwear with choice limited at char creation.

Also i really hope there will be a decent system in place to chose new models and clothes for our characters when 2.2 hits.

SovKhan
19-12-05, 03:18
The new character models are exponentially better than the old ones - technical fact.

The SKINS on the models are what everyone wants... I personally think NC needs more real cyberpunk models like this tank:

technical fact maybe. if by better you are counting skin resolution and poly count on models.

however guess what the char models could have skins that are 1024x1024 and polycounts in the billions and still never look as good as the old ones.

the old models seemd to have character. they were very well done however lacked a higher polycount or high res skins. the new models all look very similar to one another. the old models showed the differences of classes very well. the new ones =\

i dont care if the facial hair on a model has its own polygons if it looks like shit.

ZoVoS
19-12-05, 03:29
rose

coloured

spectacles

CerealKiller
19-12-05, 03:31
Hey -FN- Long time no see, what are your thoughts on the Evolution? Worth coming back over?

Dribble Joy
19-12-05, 03:45
New skins is what we need, the new models are much better than the old ones. The new lighting system would look shite on the old ones too, just look at the NPCs abd guards ingame atm, the poly count is so low.

onero S
19-12-05, 04:01
New skins is what we need, the new models are much better than the old ones. The new lighting system would look shite on the old ones too, just look at the NPCs abd guards ingame atm, the poly count is so low.

I don't know..... the gm I saw as a monk looked way way way better than the current monks, low poly count included

Spoon
19-12-05, 04:20
I'd rather have the old ones back, don't really care for the current ones...

kurai
19-12-05, 04:50
technical fact maybe. if by better you are counting skin resolution and poly count on models.

however guess what the char models could have skins that are 1024x1024 and polycounts in the billions and still never look as good as the old ones.

the old models seemd to have character. they were very well done however lacked a higher polycount or high res skins. the new models all look very similar to one another. the old models showed the differences of classes very well. the new ones =\

i dont care if the facial hair on a model has its own polygons if it looks like shit.Completely agree.

The old models really suited the game and had good differentiation. All they needed was an update to the new poly count rather than the switch to the horrible androgynous homogenous anime-elf look.

SovKhan
19-12-05, 06:03

art, esp with 3d models is NOT all about polycount at all. the new ones are not better in any aspect except for polycount really. they look like ass. design wise if you took the old models as a refrence and designed new models with the same layout with even 2x the polys as they have now they would rule.

hell the old models still rule compared to the new ones.

vices
19-12-05, 13:09
Imo the new models look crap and overdone, but that's just my opinion. Although it is a fact that people who play NC2 for the first time do have problems recognizing the class of an character not wearing PA. I've played NC1 since 2003 and came back to NC2 while ago, and I can hardly tell a character's class at close-range, talk about within a distance.

Skusty
19-12-05, 13:39
All oldmoddels but the new PE :p It ownz :lol:

vices
19-12-05, 15:56
All oldmoddels but the new PE :p It ownz :lol:
Uhm no, it doesn't :o

LTA
19-12-05, 15:58
old pe > new pe

end.

ZoVoS
19-12-05, 17:37
old pe > new pe

end.

i for one am a sexi barstard n i prefer playing with a good looking pe rather than a fat stumpie lil tard with specs that dont suit his head

RogerRamjet
19-12-05, 17:43
Bring the old NC1 models up to NC2 model standards.

Give monks cloaks and PEs Sunglasses.

Superbron
19-12-05, 18:10
cigarettes?

WaR eYe
19-12-05, 18:15
Realy love the new PE girls, Would be even more fun if they could wear a dress :D

LTA
19-12-05, 18:17
i for one am a sexi barstard n i prefer playing with a good looking pe rather than a fat stumpie lil tard with specs that dont suit his head

I prefered my pimp shades lol

RogerRamjet
19-12-05, 18:19
Realy love the new PE girls, Would be even more fun if they could wear a dress :D

Who were u on Uranus war eye?

Tratos
19-12-05, 18:30
cigarettes?

Accessories in general tbh. its annoying me - i cant find any plan files before number 4 or after NC1, i.e. the couple PFs we saw during the NC1 days about NC2.

Theres a fair few features missing from them tbh.

funkeymonkey
20-12-05, 01:17
quality idea. miss my monks daft hat

Riddle
20-12-05, 01:23
mm will find Tank models i saw soon

sanityislost
20-12-05, 02:27
The PE goth skin was my fav....would be nice to see that updated for NC2
Would also like to be able to have the Psi vendors (In Doy) Skin that rocks

Hmmm since we have implants wouldnt it be cool to have a robotic leg or arm,
hell why not even a head!!