PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of coming back

RaekOne
18-12-05, 23:50
Hello,

I used to play Neocron a few years ago, and have LOVED it. The only reason I quit was due to RL commitments. When I did return the game had taken a major player base drop, and it seemed like a senseless grind.

Anyways, I would like to start playing again, and I know there are millions of threads with simular questions, but if somebody could take the time out to answer I would really appreciate it.

What is the playerbase like now? I would be playing most evenings GMT time and weekends, is there a good amount for teaming etc as a new player? What is the best server for someone based in UK. Taking this in to account what are the clans etc like, wahts the best Faction? I used to be TG and found it hard but fun because we had a good core, however without that core TG sucks.

What is the best class to play, taking in to account I was a hybrid monk, and then went PPU with the monk nerf. Is Hybrid monk a viable option now? I think part of the reason I quit was that PPU was very boring, sure I didnt get killed but i would never kill, and relied heavily on others to help me. If Hybrid is an option then I will deffinately go with taht.

How are tanks now? I remember them being very fun to play, is this still the case?

Are PE's still rubbish?

Are Spys still poop too? I rememebr in op wars being the first out.

ALSO...whats Hacknet like?

Cheers guys for any help offered, either way I think I will give it a go and look forward to stubbing rats with my knife.

Vampire222
19-12-05, 00:45
Pe's totally rock, always did, if used properly!
Monks own nc still.. not rly hybirds u used to know, but powerfull ones are a option.
Hacknet is like.... funneh
Do the trial see for urself..

Riddle
19-12-05, 14:59
Hello,

I used to play Neocron a few years ago, and have LOVED it. The only reason I quit was due to RL commitments. When I did return the game had taken a major player base drop, and it seemed like a senseless grind.

Anyways, I would like to start playing again, and I know there are millions of threads with simular questions, but if somebody could take the time out to answer I would really appreciate it.

What is the playerbase like now?
Around 30% + so 300 players on one server

I would be playing most evenings GMT time and weekends, is there a good amount for teaming etc as a new player?
Lots of New players around on launch of NC2.1 so yes plenty of teams

What is the best server for someone based in UK.
TERRA

Taking this in to account what are the clans etc like, wahts the best Faction? I used to be TG and found it hard but fun because we had a good core, however without that core TG sucks.
Any city faction HA HA all of DOY suck! :p

What is the best class to play, taking in to account I was a hybrid monk, and then went PPU with the monk nerf. Is Hybrid monk a viable option now?
So much so it pisses some players off :lol:

I think part of the reason I quit was that PPU was very boring, sure I didnt get killed but i would never kill, and relied heavily on others to help me. If Hybrid is an option then I will deffinately go with taht.

How are tanks now? I remember them being very fun to play, is this still the case?
Great fun and nice resists! The whole Heavy line has had a makeover so some good looking weapons now

Are PE's still rubbish?
Not the ones i have fought ;) PA 4, Judge weilding, uber resists and buffs. Good class to play 1 v 1

Are Spys still poop too? I rememebr in op wars being the first out.
Spies are great fun either Pistol or Rifle but you gotta Drug to be effective

ALSO...whats Hacknet like?
MATRIX! lol thats what most say when they first enter :angel:

Cheers guys for any help offered, either way I think I will give it a go and look forward to stubbing rats with my knife.

Check out <<Logans Emporium>> For state of the art stiletto ;)

RaekOne
19-12-05, 19:56
thanks for the reply guys
I think I will go buy a new copy tomorrow,

I will go with Hybrid for now, as it will help me get credits and appartments for other characters (as i am familular with this)

Anyone have a good set up for a hybrid taht I can aim for? Ideally with the ability to Rez at the base level.

Moncecron here we come :)

S0lo
20-12-05, 11:59
I remember the day hybrids got nerfed rofl. The medicare was stuffed to the top with Lomming hybrids all cursing and whining at KK. Now coupla years later monks still kick ass... so much for nerf :lol: never been a monkey but I do know hybrids ain't very much good anymore (?)

RaekOne
20-12-05, 12:04
ahh ok poop
The problem is ya see, PPU is SO boring for me to play, and APU is like getting fly swatted...

Tank it may well be then!!!

Hail to the bus driver