PDA

View Full Version : Graphic glitches: Black lines in HUD

Lunascape
18-12-05, 18:19
I've been having some odd graphic glitches ever since I exited the MC5 compound, all the critters around the field have these multiple black bands stretching from them to the center of my reticle, no matter how distant they are. As a result, it's like I've got a black spiderweb crossing my view constantly :( I know that this issue occured back in neocron1 also when I played, and I know I fixed it, but I don't have a clue how anymore as it's been over a year and a half :(

Can anyone help me fix this please? I'm running it on a NVidia GeForce 4 Ti card with the most current drivers.

rob444
18-12-05, 19:23
Hmm, you've tried running NC2 in DirectX 7?

You got latest DirectX drivers?

Lunascape
18-12-05, 19:35
I've got directx 9.0c, I have no idea how to run it with 7's drivers o.O

Lunascape
18-12-05, 19:42
I found it, I just ran a quick forum search for 'directx7' after you mentioned it and I saw another thread with graphics problems, and someone reccomended to them to go into the neocron launcher and click configuration -> configure hardware and change it to D3D7. Only thing is, after I've set that and hit ok and hit 'apply', if I go back into it it resets to D3D9 o.O I sure hope it saves after I hit apply when I change the setting.. :s

Kozmos
18-12-05, 19:53
I found it, I just ran a quick forum search for 'directx7' after you mentioned it and I saw another thread with graphics problems, and someone reccomended to them to go into the neocron launcher and click configuration -> configure hardware and change it to D3D7. Only thing is, after I've set that and hit ok and hit 'apply', if I go back into it it resets to D3D9 o.O I sure hope it saves after I hit apply when I change the setting.. :s

Yeah it saves it as dx7, whenever you go back into the settings, it will just be at whatevers at the top of the list

Redburn
19-12-05, 07:21
I've been having some odd graphic glitches ever since I exited the MC5 compound, all the critters around the field have these multiple black bands stretching from them to the center of my reticle, no matter how distant they are. As a result, it's like I've got a black spiderweb crossing my view constantly :( I know that this issue occured back in neocron1 also when I played, and I know I fixed it, but I don't have a clue how anymore as it's been over a year and a half :(

Can anyone help me fix this please? I'm running it on a NVidia GeForce 4 Ti card with the most current drivers.

Just started having the same trouble with the black lines, but only in the Mil base by the A&W vendors, Now I've been running NC2 in DX9 with never any trouble. Now I'm running a FX 5950 Ultra using Nivdia's 77.77 drivers did download the lastest drivers but had a problem running CoD 2 so I rolled back to the 77.77 drivers.