PDA

View Full Version : Which is the BEST SOLO class?

berserk1980
18-12-05, 09:58
hi guys,

i am much of a solo player and wish to seek some opinion on which is the most efficient solo class? i actually fiddled around and found tank/soldier using melee weapon to be the best. i wanted to go gun class but the ammo cost too much to be viable..and damage wise also loses out to punching with knuckles.

fschepper
18-12-05, 12:12
Private Eye - Infiltrator (Pistol)

Ensis
18-12-05, 12:41
Droner by far...

canuma100
18-12-05, 12:46
HC PE reason

Can gun reveeler/rhino and drive them

TL84 Plasma cannon is much cheaper then a slasher CS or [Insert rare wppn of choice here]

you have area wppns

you can hack poke

you can cast shelter DB haz/fire1 TL10 Heal

can use INQI4 or DURA4

HC PE is the best Solo class (for me)

Vampire222
18-12-05, 13:07
hybird monk

berserk1980
19-12-05, 08:05
ok after fiddling with the couple possible class for best solo play, i came up with this..

Heavy Combat- there is only a grenade launcher to use and only useable when you choose tank and not PE. slow reloading and high rate of amiming makes it very frustrating to use. not to mention buying ammo which cost abit.i got to use the flamer gun which mr jones gave after several missions, its another joke of a weapon, the flamer gas ammo takes up so much weight and its petty damage left me in shock..12,13,12 damage was the way it went even though i focused all on my heavy combat.

Pistol Combat- the pistol is a joke with its petty damage and retarded accuracy. its range also sucks. aiming at a lizard takes forever to kill when its moving.

Rifle Combat- very good range, mediocre damage and slow slow firing rate. you have to squat to have a better aim. reloading is slow as hell.

APU/PPU- everybody was saying how psi monks rocks and everything, rolled one and it was pretty alright. damage wise was good,i have range, gd firing rate and accuracy and i got to heal and buff as well.

Remote Control- was pretty innovative with its drones attack, you place a drone and control it to attack your enemies while you are standing somewhere else. damage was acceptable but the ironic thing is you do not have time to loot. corpse rot away unless you want to switch back and forth between drone and player which takes up alot of time. the drones move slow as well but they could fly lol.

MELEE COMBAT- now this has to be one of the most underated class, in terms of pure solo play i cruise through everything. You have damage,loot space,high hp,ultra speed,amazing hitting rate and accuracy. i would outkill,outrun,outloot and outsurvive than any other class and profession.why deal miserable damage with nice looking guns that hold up space, deals pathetic damage,poor firing rate and accuracy and uses money for ammo? and you also have to spread your stats across for RC,TC and HC. why fret when yo ucan just focus all on agility and MC and blow everything across your path?

it is my opinion and feel free to give any other input. remember i am talking about pure solo PVM playwise, PVP it will kinda suck without range.

BlackDove
19-12-05, 09:05
In a perfect world a PE

In Neocron, hybrid monk.

Zeninja
19-12-05, 09:47
it is my opinion and feel free to give any other input. remember i am talking about pure solo PVM playwise, PVP it will kinda suck without range.
Your problem is that you get shitty weapons when starting a new char, which may be confusing for noobs. This is probably intended to force you finding another weapon with decent stats (even jone's flamer is bad unless you got 3/4 slots and luck), usually built by some other player.

Here are stats caps (check yours and you'll probably notice that you're very far away from it) :

* pistols/rifles/heavy *

damage : 178%
aiming : 267%
freq : variable

* melee *

aiming : no matter
freq : no matter

* apu *

damage : 648%
freq : 105/min

* ppu *

damage : 576%
freq : 52/min (heal, boosters) 42/min (shields)

* drones *

freq : variable

sultana
19-12-05, 10:44
HC PE reason

For PvM I would have to agree with this. There's probably no other faster way to take down mobs then in a reveller/rhino. Not to mention you can get a ton of techs from it, then sell them for even more cash or just build up a tech collection.

jini
19-12-05, 11:09
For PvM I would have to agree with this. There's probably no other faster way to take down mobs then in a reveller/rhino. Not to mention you can get a ton of techs from it, then sell them for even more cash or just build up a tech collection.
I second that or,
Choose a hybrid apu/shelter monk if you like more elves :p

berserk1980
19-12-05, 11:55
just started another psi monk, focusing more on apu and little ppu. dont really like the way of the lightning bolt aiming..its very small and there is a slight delay if you know what i meant. anyway is there aoe magic later in game? and parashock bolt seems to suck compared to the normal bolt. is there better glove from shop once i get out of area mcs?

SorkZmok
19-12-05, 12:17
There's way better spells and also AoE spells later on. Also, leave MC5 area as fast as you can. Then do that Mr. Jones quest, he's standing right inside your apartment. You'll get a nice apu spell from him or a good heal spell, depending on your starting profession.

Once you've done those, get on the help channel. Ask for some tips on leveling, maybe find some nice guy to give you some old spells and some cash, shouldn't be too hard.

Riddle
19-12-05, 14:37
Ammo expensive? then RECYCLE!
Shove some points in recycle skill (The same level as the TL of the ammo)
Get a recycle tool about 3k
Put tool in slot 1 of processor then ammo in second slot then fill the processor with Junk form your kills i.e. limbs, legs etc.
Press start and hey presto FREE ammo ;)

As for the lower level weapons you will always do pitiful damage in the beginning one due to your low skill in the use of that weapon and two due to the weapon stats.

Right click a pistol in game.
Touched on earlier the caps

- MAX damage is output from a pistol when you hit 178% damage the % you see will be lower than this. In order to increase it you put more points in Pistol combat.

- MAX aiming (Reticle closure speed) is obtained at 267%. In order to increase this you need to put points in Weapon lore.

- STATS of gun 4 of them Damage, Frequency, Range and Handling. Whats the % on those? Shabby/Good? i.e. 40-70%. Get one built by a player lower weapons cap at 94% so will improve your damage aswell.

- SLOTTED weapons allow you to add modifications to your weapon and will enable the use of an AMMO mod giving more damage per shot.

It gets better :D