PDA

View Full Version : [OT] MMO's worth playing

nobby
18-12-05, 04:30
Hello...I'm bored....Bored of neocron and many games now...

Could someone name me some MMO's that are fun and worth playing?

COH(city of heroes) +COV were fun...though got boring at lvl 13
NC...was great fun, boring after 3 years with same old content and bugs.
Planetside, Great idea for fighting....got boring (NC should be more like it)
WoW- Was interesting to be honest, though got bored after 4 days though willing to replay it again maybe...

Help me someone...

Nananine
18-12-05, 08:02
EVE Online is the only other one worth mentioning.

Why?

http://www.mmodig.com/?p=155

That's right. Guys pulled off a heist of approximately $16,500 worth of in-game equipment, ships, and cash. And guess what? It's within rules.

Only problem is that spaceship travel is time consuming and unappealing to me.

jini
18-12-05, 08:26
I want to try pirates of burning seas if it ever reaches the market

dark_reaper
18-12-05, 09:12
DoD is in its stress test stage now, you can give that a shot. Try before u buy.

joran420
18-12-05, 10:16
auto assault is in beta it looks interesting

nobby
18-12-05, 13:08
DoD is in its stress test stage now, you can give that a shot. Try before u buy.

What's Dod?

Don't say Day of Defeat :p

ps, I've tried Face of Mankind... Was an excellent idea for a game, players have to create all items themselves and it's got loads of player shops :p
Combat is FPS and has a good idea of a ranking system... Though the game is too small TBH and I mean Small!

xyl_az
18-12-05, 15:02
I agree, Eve Online is the only mmorpg in the market which is completed, balanced, interesting enough to worth looking at it.

All others are just utter crap, unfortunately

Jason-X
18-12-05, 15:41
ps, I've tried Face of Mankind... Was an excellent idea for a game, players have to create all items themselves and it's got loads of player shops :p
Combat is FPS and has a good idea of a ranking system... Though the game is too small TBH and I mean Small!

yeah... some of the ideas are great :D

if they get rid of the major bugs&glitches and get at a state like before the engine upgrade it will be a cool game... at the current state its too buggy :P

but hey... i like the new models :D, and they have some of the best customer support i have seen yet [even if it isnt that good as in AO]

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7008/ceresdelta3ub.th.jpg (http://img526.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ceresdelta3ub.jpg)
ceres delta 4tw!

nobby
18-12-05, 15:46
And they seem to be able to fix bugs within 2 weeks of being reported :p

They have a bug report page that everyone can see, what time they're gonna work on it and IF they're gonna work on it now, or a later date, but the best bug support team i've seen I think :p

Nananine
18-12-05, 16:35
Face of Mankind, fixing bugs within two weeks of reported? The game doesn't even work properly. Missions don't work right. The problem with FoM isn't the bugs, it's the game itself. Oh and the community is the worst community ever.

Auto Assault is extremely broken right now, unfortuntely. Hopefully out of beta it'll go somewhere, but as of now it's not much more than a level grind in a car that you stand still in.

Jason-X
18-12-05, 16:49
for their defense you must also say that they recreated the game from scratch after the engine change... everyone who can do this in 3 months without a single bug can throw the first stone :P

but hey... they are working on it :P at least every second day a patch is a nice frequency

and i luv the dance animations :D
http://www.marianum.nl/FOM/HOT.wmv

Torg
18-12-05, 18:28
im enjoying EVE online for 3 months now. great game. and i'm still waiting for Neocron to get back on its feet.

Nananine
18-12-05, 21:06
for their defense you must also say that they recreated the game from scratch after the engine change... everyone who can do this in 3 months without a single bug can throw the first stone :P

but hey... they are working on it :P at least every second day a patch is a nice frequency

and i luv the dance animations :D
http://www.marianum.nl/FOM/HOT.wmv

Yes, if you make patches that barely do anything on an already broken game, this will do alot.

Not to mention that the game rebuilt from scratch.

Dance animation will sure do alot when your guns don't aim properly, missions are an hour+ long and don't work, and the community sucks.

retr0n
19-12-05, 00:16
Yes, if you make patches that barely do anything on an already broken game, this will do alot.

Not to mention that the game rebuilt from scratch.

Dance animation will sure do alot when your guns don't aim properly, missions are an hour+ long and don't work, and the community sucks.

Remind you of something?

nobby
19-12-05, 00:19
Ok I signed up for the autoassault beta...
I got an Email confirming I had done so...

Where can I download it :p

Nananine
19-12-05, 00:39
Remind you of something?

Oh god, the community isn't remotely as bad in NC as it is in FoM. It's in full RP mode all the time, and all people involved are complete idiots.

After the recent remake of FoM, us Goons tried a mass invasion into the game in hopes of taking over the faction. It was so poorly made that it scared every single one of us away.

nobby
19-12-05, 00:42
The police force is corrputed as fuck in that game, and they have the most power of all the factions!

I like going to DMC just to make the coppers feel bad about shooting me on sight since I'm rank 1 again because of the char wipe!