PDA

View Full Version : Any way of searching old Test Server forum threads ?

kurai
17-12-05, 21:27
Pretty much as the topic says ...

Even the archive only contains the present set of sub-forums. Any subforum names that don't match from old schemas are effectively vapourised.

(I was trying to find an old post I made with a big table of calculations that listed dmg per minute rates of a whole slew of weapons with the various reload/psi-regen etc factors built in, and then re-do it for current & proposed reload system)

[@ forum mods/admins : It was forumid=52 , if that helps]

Tratos
17-12-05, 21:40
I think if you PM Niddy with the title (Which you might not have, understandably) he will take a look for the thread and either PM you back with the content your after or move it to general chat.

Nidhogg
17-12-05, 22:09
If you give a title to search for I'll try and dig it out. I'm not spending my Saturday night looking for it though so try and be specific. ;)

N

kurai
17-12-05, 22:49
lol

I have absolutely no idea on the title, but I can give you a bunch of hitwords to search on if that helps ?

"silent hunter" "healing light" "disruptor" "pain easer" "holy lightning" "particle nemesis"

All would have been in one table, posted under my name.

Nidhogg
17-12-05, 23:26
I couldn't find anything like what you describe in the test server forum. Are you looking for this? (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1123323&highlight=code#post1123323) It's not in the test server forum though, it's in this one.

N

LTA
18-12-05, 00:20
Man check out the rolh lol

What ever happened :(

kurai
18-12-05, 00:40
I couldn't find anything like what you describe in the test server forum. Are you looking for this? (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1123323&highlight=code#post1123323) It's not in the test server forum though, it's in this one.

NThat's not the one, no, although it contains some of the results of the calculated data.

Looking at how much some of the weapon stats have changed since 2003 I think I'd be better off redoing the numbers from raw calcs again anyway.

Thanks a lot for looking though - appreciated :)

[EDIT: Interestingly no distinctive terms that appear in that page are returned by a forum search. Has the indexing been heavily truncated (presumably to improve performance) ?]

Tratos
18-12-05, 01:01
kurai, isnt the thread linked - which i cant acces due to permissions - possibly what you are looking for and i cant access it because that thread is in the old test server forum?

kurai
18-12-05, 01:11
Umm ...sorry ? Not entirely sure I'm following you there ...

If you mean the thread that Nid linked to, then no ... it's in forum2, which is Community still.

If you mean the thread 75632 that *I* link to in the thread that Nid posted, then no to that as well - it's also in forumid 2.

Confused :confused:

[Edit: @Nidhogg - I just realised, looking at the link you pasted that it looks like you had been searching on the tag `code` and my name. You must have had to wade through all my ickle rantettes about a certain Hanoverian company's programming habits ... sorry about that *grin* :o ]

Tratos
18-12-05, 01:24
Sorry about that, i did mean the thread within what Nid linked to but i can now view it on this machine, i was on a different computer previously and i couldnt get access.