PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on PC spy

Arkaiser
17-12-05, 17:27
im new to the game. im around 32 dex / int and lvl 11 or so.
im curious on where to put all my points and how high?
havent found any guides for it or post about same thing.

any help appretiated

Dribble Joy
17-12-05, 18:48
PC and WEP are the main skills you need. If you use high tech weapons then TC as well, I'm sure you know that though. TC though, is only a requisite, you don't need any mnore that the weapons ays, it doesn't affect stats at all.

You won't need much wep at all, about 80 at the most for the very high end weapons, you are free then to put your int points where you like.
i would suggest psu though, it increases the speed you cast your spells at.
Hacking and implanting arte usefull too.
The more PC the better, you will need over 170 for the high end pistols.

AGL and ATL affect runspeed, so those are essential.

Arkaiser
17-12-05, 19:13
thanks, but what about the points in strength and con?
vehicles seems nice but i dont wanna gimp myself too much. was looking at the assault glider and combar hovercraft.

but tell me if theyre waste of pts..

SorkZmok
17-12-05, 19:45
If you want to cap the high end weapons later on, you can't really afford any of the good vehicles.

Arkaiser
17-12-05, 20:42
well i got interested in vehicles when i read about em today. didnt read about it until i was already around lvl 32 with my spy infiltrator. should i make a new driver char or can i build my current one for vehicles with success?

xyl_az
17-12-05, 21:37
well i got interested in vehicles when i read about em today. didnt read about it until i was already around lvl 32 with my spy infiltrator. should i make a new driver char or can i build my current one for vehicles with success?

everything's possible

its just that NC system requires specialization - you can be good driver and good pc spy, but you cant be best in both.

Though, it depends what kind of vehicles do u have in mind - its still possible to spec some points in vhc without beeing gimped in pistol skills (you will have to put more in weapon lore to counter p-c loss).

Arkaiser
17-12-05, 21:51
well i had in mind the combat hovercraft and the assault glider
i just dont know whats good at end game in pvp and things like that.

SorkZmok
17-12-05, 22:25
Vehicles are shit in pvp. Simple as that. The doy bomber is quite nice to bombard the underground entrance but that's it. Vehicles are to slow and to easy to destroy. And the ones you can gun and drive at the same time got such a shitty turning speed that it's impossible to hit someone close up. o_O

Stick to p-c/t-c and agility.

/edit
On pistol spies in pvp:
First off, you need drugs. 2 at least. Otherwise it's not viable. You'll need about 180+ p-c and 100ish wep to cap the best pistols. 90 t-c for stealth 2 what in my case is more than enough, rest goes into agility for speed. Str would be as much resist force as you can get (max 114), rest in transport.

In int get at least 75 psu and i'd get implant aswell, that one always comes in handy. You can even get enough hack for belts and outposts (105ish).

Psi would be 56 ppu 31 mst and 4 ppw so with a nightspider drug you can cast shelter, it's what gives spies a chance in pvp.

Con is another issue, you gotta figure that one out yourself. :) 50 base atl, at least 65 base health, and don't even try to get a resonable amount of resist poison, you can't.

Hope that helps. :)

xyl_az
17-12-05, 22:25
well i had in mind the combat hovercraft and the assault glider
i just dont know whats good at end game in pvp and things like that.

nope sorry, but thats too high - if u want to be able of driving/flying combat hover and assault glider it basically needs a dedicated driver to do that.

Arkaiser
18-12-05, 00:21
well if i prioritize my vehicle skills first and pistol second. how will i do in pvp with my pistol?

Scaramanga
18-12-05, 00:40
All depends on what style of play you like. If you are going for PvP pistols then Kid's posts are spot on.

If, however, you aren't a highly active player and would prefer to keep your law enforcer in until you are of a high level then you can put your points pretty much into whatever you like, be a jack of all trades (self sufficient). Bare in mind though that the more combat specific your points are allocated the faster you will level.

Don't worry if you think that your setup isnt good enough for PvP when you reach level caps. You will be able to tweak or entirely change this by using LOM pills ( may need to recap skills though depending on the number of lom pills you take).

ZoVoS
18-12-05, 02:41
if u wan drive vhcs later. RIP UR IMPS

poke vhc 3 2 1 vhc eye and make sure u have a few lvls in dex speced and u can fly anything anyway

so thats between 51 and 61 invested in base vhc

thats 11-13 lvls wich realy isnt that much and u can fly anyhting

51 +40 of implans means u can fly a Assault Glider
58 +40 of implans means u can fly a Hover Bomber
and
61 +40 of implans means u can fly the carrier (11 lvls of dex if u include ur starting points)

btw i have a single doy vhc eye left =] its requierment free. 150k if u make enough money while lvling if u wish to pruches it

btw those 11 lvls can be compensated for by speccing that little bit more in wep lor and a little less in hacking. ect... i my self advise u make ur self a poker if u wish to fly

now all that said there is one drawback... u will need to spec some for repair if u intend to not waste 750k when some silly bugger grabs his anti vhc rocket launcher n trys to 3 hit u

however if u use ur final brain slot for a SS u get 41 repair with a repair glove and lvl 1 buff. if u use it for a tech haven u get 46 repair so realy flying is easy if u can poke ur self

K007
18-12-05, 09:00
[I][COLOR=Red]can anyone hear me?

ZoVoS
18-12-05, 18:28
[I][COLOR=Red]can anyone hear me?
reading u loud n clear... whats ur problem

btw u have to end a color tag with [ /color]