PDA

View Full Version : Problem with zoning

Finl
17-12-05, 11:35
Heya, i keep bounsing back to the synch line if i keep vsynch off from my videocard for somereason. got no problem vsynch on. this is getting very hard becouse you cant leave from underground to fight becouse you just keep bounsing and bounsing back to barrels.
and with vsynch on i get 62fps (i got 19" tft) and the screen is pretty wierd that on. so - anybody got solution how i get this bounsing bug off from me vsynch off? mayby limiting fps? is it posible with neocron?

edit: Yeah, it seems that you bandwith goes wild becouse hi-fps zoning (like 600 fps) and thats why ur getting that lag-bounsing back problem.
so limiting fps to around 200 should take this problem off. so, someone tell me how i limit my fps in neocron to around 200? kk?

Finl
17-12-05, 12:54
comoon, any help for this? Gamemasters ?

edit: i tryed to change set net_maxclientbw up like 12k (yes, bw goes to like 11-12k after zone and while bounsing) (normal 2000) but seems that that command code is around 3000-4000 i think, so no use for that.

Argent
17-12-05, 13:06
Just use vsync, no other way around it, at least none that I know of.

I don't even understand people who are able to watch all that tearing and ripping, one of the most annoying visual artifacts, geez.

Finl
17-12-05, 13:07
/me does not like to get 62 fps... :)

J J
17-12-05, 13:53
lol you don't like having 62fps?? There's a hell of a lot of players who play the game, and op fight, duel etc with a lot less than 62 fps. If you're honestly telling me that your eyes can tell the difference between 62 fps and 150fps then..... O_o Seriously anything above about 20-30 is totally indistinguishabe and has absolutely 0 effect on gameplay. But if you'd sooner have all sorts of visual bugs and 200fps feel free.....

Finl
17-12-05, 14:15
i really dont care what people got on theyr comps. i got trick wich working pretty well. setup fraps to capture video with 100 fps, hit record zone, hit record off and no bouncing :)

too bad i need to delete all files once in the day... :)

cRazy-
17-12-05, 14:20
I hope you realise no matter what any numbers say your FPS wont go any higher then the HZ set on your monitor.

So unless you have some sort of super-normal monitor your frames per second wont go any higher then 70 or 90 (asuming thats what the HZ frequency is set at, which it usually is)

ZoVoS
17-12-05, 14:27
I hope you realise no matter what any numbers say your FPS wont go any higher then the HZ set on your monitor.

So unless you have some sort of super-normal monitor your frames per second wont go any higher then 70 or 90 (asuming thats what the HZ frequency is set at, which it usually is)

u have a very cheap monitor

J J
17-12-05, 14:39
If you have a monitor with a v-sync rate oh more than about 75-90 Hz you have a ridiculously expensive monitor..... £400-600 HP/Sony etc monitors all have refresh rates of ~75 Hz......

IceStorm
17-12-05, 15:43
u have a very cheap monitorMost TFTs are limited to 60-75hz refresh rate. Finl already said he has a 19" TFT.

retr0n
17-12-05, 16:11
The old vsync. Sometimes i honestly don't understand why people want uber
fps when it really doesn't matter.

Every monitor has a set refresh rate, drawing more with your videocard then the
monitor can display doesn't actually acomplish anything other then to run your
card on 100% load all the time, and show you a bigger number but you don't get
any benefit at all.

Wasn't vsync introduced in the first place so your gfx card wouldn't run on 100%
all the time if it didn't actually have to?

Anyway, it makes no difference other then show you a bigger number.

kurai
17-12-05, 16:19
Vsync exists primarily to prevent `tearing` caused by slight mis-matches between video output and display device sync frequencies.

Finl
18-12-05, 10:42
i must agree with very cheap monitor, only 400 euros :)

i got zoning problem solved. and still using vsynch off :)

edit: KK, add somekinda max_fps "something" for next patch - thank you.

IceStorm
18-12-05, 11:10
Anyway, it makes no difference other then show you a bigger number.y-sync causes the video card to only dump completed frames to the display device. If a frame is not finished, the card dumps the previous frame to the display device. If a new frame is ready, the card delays output until the current frame finishes display..

The tearing you see when v-sync is off is the video card immediately dumping the next completed frame to the display device. It switches to the new frame, but at the current horizontal and vertical display position. You end up with the bottom half of a frame that's moved relative to the top half. This looks like someone "tore" the frame in half.

With v-sync on, you'll have the video card delaying output of frames until the current frame is finished being displayed. This has the potential to reduce the number of frames you see on screen per second, hence artificially lowering the framerate of the game.

I keep vsync on in NC. I need it to stop my vehicles from rubber banding and to cut down on zoning problems. A 19" TFT probably only has a maximum refresh rate of 75hz, so it's probably better to leave vsync on than turn it off.

ZoVoS
18-12-05, 17:54
my monitor is currently running at 120 hz because it is displaying 2 seperate pictures simultaniously on every other fraim for my 3d glasses

so i supose i get a 60hz when im using the 3d glasses and a 120+ when im not... not quite sure what my monitor can do up to, never checked

sultana
19-12-05, 04:24
i must agree with very cheap monitor, only 400 euros :)

i got zoning problem solved. and still using vsynch off :)

edit: KK, add somekinda max_fps "something" for next patch - thank you.
Well if your asking for a "max_fps xx" switch, why don't you just use v-synch?

Finl
19-12-05, 11:09
im asking it just becouse i can limit it around 200 :)

i got soft now wich i can use for limiting fps - hitting putton before zone-> fps 100, zoned hit putton unlimited fps. no synch problem anymoe.

sultana
19-12-05, 11:24
I still don't get why you want more FPS then your monitor can actually display. Is there a reason for it? Like at all.

Finl
19-12-05, 11:39
game engine is running much smoothly with 100 then 60.

ZoVoS
19-12-05, 14:06
I still don't get why you want more FPS then your monitor can actually display. Is there a reason for it? Like at all.

as i siad my monitor probably could display around 150 =]

ill check on windows tonight what its compatibility is.

and u get a much smoother game at higher fraimrates i find