PDA

View Full Version : How did neocron come to be?

CHA0S
17-12-05, 02:38
I just want to know how did neocron come to be?

what goals did the dev's have for this game? :wtf:

what goals has the dev's got now for this game? O_o

Was this game intended to be pure PvP?

Please i dont want anyone to post flames or anything to put the Devs off to answer.
If devs do truly read the posts then i would like to be given the curtesy of a reply, if there is no reply from a Dev :( then i assume Neocron is just here to for it to be a pay-to-play :( and all goals reached whatever they were :)

Regards

ZoVoS
17-12-05, 02:59
lol u dont wana see the original plan files. ull cry

=D mechs and ventalation systems to name but a few

=]

CHA0S
17-12-05, 03:01
yeah i do........
maybe have a nice vote as to what devs should work on (PLEASE dont start screaming out the probs we all know there is some :lol: )

ZoVoS
17-12-05, 03:02
bah gimi a min ill loot out the origional plan files

vashtyphoon78
17-12-05, 08:45
i came to this game because i searched "Mechs" on Dogpile :lol: unfortunately they never came to be...RIPOFFS!

Spoon
17-12-05, 10:40
I'm pretty sure the originators of Neocron were CounterStrike players..

But, CS doesn't have monks or parashock in it, so they made there own game....

naimex
17-12-05, 11:07
Some of the really early patch notes are here:

http://www.naimex.dk/neocronpatchnotes.txt

As for how it came to be...

As far as I remember, a guy was working on a game somewhere, reaKKtor got information about it, and bought his project and it became neocron.

Thatīs the "tale" that was running over the forum and ingame back in the early days, if itīs true... I donīt know.

QuantumDelta
17-12-05, 11:25
Thought the official story was it was MJS for the initial concept?

Not that I can remember what happened 2 weeks ago let alone 3-4 years :p

Hell-demon
17-12-05, 12:03
It was indeed Martin who was inspired by fallout, deus ex and system shock. Those games inspired him to make NC, or at least peddle his game. Eventually his creation grew and consumed the players.

But Martin decided that Nc wasn't his thing any more, loaded up his yacht and rolex's and set sale for the carribean never to return (well occassionally to drop off smuggled goods).

Argent
17-12-05, 12:49
Yeah, afaik it was Mr. Schwiezer's (spllng?) idea&consept orginally, so he did some good stuff too. Too bad that he seems to like leading/marketing more than actually managing a game development team.

l8m0n
17-12-05, 20:06
games plans were good, but like most things, good on paper but not irl ;) not to say neocron is crap, i love NC been playing on and off for years didnt like the idea of nc2 but still got it and play it now and then, just wish some of the old bugs would have been fixed by now :wtf:

Asurmen Spec Op
17-12-05, 20:13
It was indeed Martin who was inspired by fallout, deus ex and system shock. Those games inspired him to make NC, or at least peddle his game. Eventually his creation grew and consumed the players.

But Martin decided that Nc wasn't his thing any more, loaded up his yacht and rolex's and set sale for the carribean never to return (well occassionally to drop off smuggled goods).
I miss MJS to be honost

Hell-demon
17-12-05, 20:20
http://www.reakktor.com/images/pic002b.jpg
He barely spoke to us. He was too busy getting famous and banging hawt German super models. I believe he is a role model to us all.

Sex on Martin. Sex on.

Tratos
17-12-05, 20:36
Although Martin is an icon and idol to us all with his fast cars, hawt wiminz and many many many rolexes, i feel that ReaKKtor as a company have made much more improvments and the direction has improved alot more under the watchful eyes of Holger with his 'swiss-army-human' capabilites as he seems to be in most areas of the credits, lol

Althought wether MJS's wheelings and dealings with 10Tacel have made this possible we dont know since 10T seem to have very little to do with the KK Dev team and Neocron -expect landing us with an utter shite payment system- in the public eye.

But, to be ontopic it was infact the Rolex clad MJS who came up with game according to the kk homepage.

EDIT: Added obligatory dig at c2p :)

Hell-demon
17-12-05, 20:43
What is MJ doing now?

Tratos
17-12-05, 21:12
He's a COO (What ever the smeg that is) at 10t.

I think he sits in a big plush chair and polishes his rolxes.

Hell-demon
17-12-05, 21:23
While some hawt german lady polishes his cock......

so will he make more games or what?

n3m
17-12-05, 22:20
What is MJ doing now?
He's a mod of an Elfer club ;)

No really, not kidding.
http://elfer-club.jafc.de/index.php?

:lol:

Hell-demon
17-12-05, 22:41
and his prodigy is anti-alf....

oh teh ironing

Tratos
17-12-05, 22:58
www.neocron2.com used to point to said website hes a mod on while we were wiating on the new (now old) community pages, lol

ZoVoS
18-12-05, 02:05
omg how lame am i. 2 days later and i still cant find the origional patchnotes page... ITS A CONSPIRISY... THEY REMOVED EM TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A IDIOT

Tratos
18-12-05, 02:11
hehe poor Z :p

Look what i found in 5 minutes :p lol

some old plan files - http://web.archive.org/web/20040609124736/www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=41

Some Old Patch notes - http://web.archive.org/web/20040508011729/www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&catid=&topic=10

Both links take ages to load mind.

EDIT: From patch #196, lol

- Parashock effects should really be reduced now. :p

ZoVoS
18-12-05, 02:22
fankoo. that was them... oooooh non of the images load rite

thats what i was looking for to show him

*crys* i feel so inadiquate

Vampire222
18-12-05, 02:27
mjs: " der mich dann auch gleich wieder gefragt hat, ob ich mir nicht vielleicht doch lieber einen F430 kaufen moechte"

OMG life's a bitch, what to buy Porsche 997 or Ferrari F430? :confused: :confused:

IceStorm
18-12-05, 03:19
Neocron's what happens when you combine a group of drunk Germans (rich kid with a trust fund, a coder, and a few artists) with too much System Shock 2, Fallout, and TFC.

naimex
18-12-05, 04:13
Neocron's what happens when you combine a group of drunk Germans (rich kid with a trust fund, a coder, and a few artists) with too much System Shock 2, Fallout, and TFC.

dont you mean KFC. :p

/me runs away fast.

IceStorm
18-12-05, 05:25
dont you mean KFCNot unless KFC conjures up visions of Ops in your head...