PDA

View Full Version : Im out

Asurmen Spec Op
16-12-05, 23:53
Sorry, I was really trying to stay.
But nid, after you went and flat out ignored the requests to us and threaten people about talking about important game mechanics I see no reason to continue

KK, say goodbye to your only fanboi who played NC1 and all of NC2
My last movie will come on tonight
I wont cancel my account so that I can wait till this gets fixed, however this shit has just enraged me.

Thank you Nidhogg, your selective community work has lost you another customer.

The only things that have kept me in the game are disolving under my feet.
Clan FETISH is loosing all the memebers I love and is no longer a RP based clan.
PVP is damn impossible and KK refuses to comment.
My charecter cannot leave where he is because of KKs obviously untested SL rules.

Ill be waiting, but dont hold your breath.

-Assman of the deap.

cRazy-
16-12-05, 23:54
I swear to god assman if you leave me i will stab a 24 piece cutlery set into your face boy.

Marx
16-12-05, 23:56
I wont cancel my account so that I can wait till this gets fixed, however this shit has just enraged me.

Then evidently you're not out.

I heartily support your endeavour, but if you're going to jump off a cliff to make a point - it's best done without a cord tied round' the feet.

giga191
16-12-05, 23:57
Sorry, I was really trying to stay.
But nid, after you went and flat out ignored the requests to us and threaten people about talking about important game mechanics I see no reason to continue

KK, say goodbye to your only fanboi who played NC1 and all of NC2
My last movie will come on tonight

Thank you Nidhogg, your selective community work has lost you another customer.
yes because the forum is part of the game isn't it? :p

everyone is posting the same ppu thread over and over and it does get a bit repetitive tbh

Asurmen Spec Op
16-12-05, 23:57
I swear to god assman if you leave me i will stab a 24 piece cutlery set into your face boy.
Sorry but plan file 5's shit attempt to do anything to fix it has just hardened my resolve, its utterly obvious that KK does not care or understand the fact that time is time and that it ruins pvp for ballistic classes wich makes monks apear exponentially more powerful.

Youll get my final movie, it wont be funny in the slightest.

Then evidently you're not out.

I heartily support your endeavour, but if you're going to jump off a cliff to make a point - it's best done without a cord tied round' the feet.
Simple really, Im waiting for the jake hard stories, and the small hope that somethign will get fixed.

Odin
16-12-05, 23:58
And just which statement was this of Nidhogg's?

Sorry but plan file 5's shit attempt to do anything to fix it has just hardened my resolve, its utterly obvious that KK does not care or understand the fact that time is time and that it ruins pvp for ballistic classes wich makes monks apear exponentially more powerful.

Quite frankly it sounds like you along with some others in that thread don't have a 'clue' what a planfile is.

Asurmen Spec Op
16-12-05, 23:59
He never did give us an answer on reload, shoving us off for 5 days to wait for a plan file that just says
"Were still gonna fuck ya! but well let you stack your QB with weapons and that will be balanced!!11"

Quite frankly it sounds like you along with some others in that thread don't have a 'clue' what a planfile is.
Your keeping the reload times but making us able to scroll, thats very pointless futile and just mockable.

Odin
17-12-05, 00:01
He never did give us an answer on reload, shoving us off for 5 days to wait for a plan file that just says
"Were still gonna fuck ya! but well let you stack your QB with weapons and that will be balanced!!11"
Your keeping the reload times but making us able to scroll, thats very pointless futile and just mockable.

Ok and you do realize that Nid is a community rep. His job is to run moderation on the forums and point out topics on the forums to staff. That's all.

The planfile is 'just' a taste of what's being worked on. Just because something isn't in there doesn't mean it's not getting worked on.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-12-05, 00:01
Ok and you do realize that Nid is a community rep. His job is to run moderation on the forums and point out topics on the forums to staff. That's all.
He posted in other threads but wouldnt even bother saying anything to us even a "working on it" after the monday saying he didnt have time.

cRazy-
17-12-05, 00:03
Some people really need to get some common sense and realise whats really going to happen instead of relying on what KK have *not* said (disregarding what they have said).

ZoVoS
17-12-05, 00:06
didnt nid say hes away... which is why he hasnt been handeling the matter him self

Marx
17-12-05, 00:07
Some people really need to get some common sense and realise whats really going to happen instead of relying on what KK have *not* said (disregarding what they have said).

And some people have to say the same thing they've said since becoming a forum member.

I think it's in the best interest of KK folk to step in and be more proactive in the community, it's easier to stem the flow of forum crud prior to the figurative dam burst.

Even if it's just someone coming in and saying again and again "We're working on it, taking your information under advisement."

Vampire222
17-12-05, 00:07
They shud be communicative, when a customer asks something, or a bunch of em see something as a problem and want an answer, it's the point to put em at ease, happened too much for words in the past that kk did totally ignore the whole community, thats why people re scared of it happening.

Crazy- don't drink alcoholic beverages if you become a KK fanboi when drunk plz... and Assman, shit to see u go, one of the few super l33t pe's on the server .

Odin
17-12-05, 00:09
didnt nid say hes away... which is why he hasnt been handeling the matter him self

I believe he's around right now. Nid's awesome. He will tell me he's off for a few days as his jobs sending him to Tibet or something and yet he always finds a way to get online and moderate still. Quite frankly Nid did what he could here. He took the concerns to the office. The reason why there isn't much said is because it's more then highly likely they are still debating it internally themselves.

And Marx. Quite frankly it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. People complain when we do talk and complain when we don't.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-12-05, 00:13
I believe he's around right now. Nid's awesome. He will tell me he's off for a few days as his jobs sending him to Tibet or something and yet he always finds a way to get online and moderate still. Quite frankly Nid did what he could here. He took the concerns to the office. The reason why there isn't much said is because it's more then highly likely they are still debating it internally themselves.
Nidhogg isnt the only person with a forum account who knew our question.
Flat out Odin, we do NOT have NOT and will NOT like it when you go all secrety and dont speak, we want you people to TALK we dont care if its just a "we are wooking on a solution" atleast something from you guys.
but silence is how you work.
And from evo2.1 and 2.2 I see that players like me , fetish and other non monk whores have no real standing in the thought process of KK
if anyone even played evo 2.1 with a gun before it was released youd have known, thus I am assuming you knew you'd loose more then you gained.

Ill be back in 30min if you want to continue this

Odin
17-12-05, 00:16
Nidhogg isnt the only person with a forum account who knew our question.
Flat out Odin, we do NOT have NOT and will NOT like it when you go all secrety and dont speak, we want you people to TALK we dont care if its just a "we are wooking on a solution" atleast something from you guys.
but silence is how you work.
And from evo2.1 and 2.2 I see that players like me , fetish and other non monk whores have no real standing in the thought process of KK
if anyone even played evo 2.1 with a gun before it was released youd have known, thus I am assuming you knew you'd loose more then you gained.

Ill be back in 30min if you want to continue this

And if we had said just that your response would have been "Bullshit tell us something more then that". It's barely been more then 2 weeks since the patch. A statement was made and your all crapping over it anyways.

ZoVoS
17-12-05, 00:18
im gona say again. i like the reload times however u have to take balancing into consideration... all guns are effected if u scrue up there reload. not to mention bloody monks who have just gained 1/3+ power over other classes ( I play a hyb monk... this is the perfect update for me. my heal totaly regens me by the time they reload and even i dont like it >_< )

Vampire222
17-12-05, 00:18
wouldnt be bad actually odin, just more input from actual developers would own, just say whats bein done, whats not being done, discuss with the people who play the game, and talk to them to get the best outta your efforts to make the game better!

Asurmen Spec Op
17-12-05, 00:19
And if we had said just that your response would have been "Bullshit tell us something more then that". It's barely been more then 2 weeks since the patch. A statement was made and your all crapping over it anyways.
No odin, I have never said something of that effect.
atleast a little bit of communication is all I ever asked for, you are posting more in my spam threads then in threads that can cost you people money from quiting people.

Tell me the logic then odin
edit:
Im not the only one whos asking for more communication, you know it Odin and you know full well that people have and will quit over it.

Ryen
17-12-05, 00:20
Asur, if reakktor talks about everything they think up, we will have a community bitching about all the things promised but no implemented. It's a very tricky position they are in.

Remember playershops? Mechs? Yeah, they couldn't implement either and the community bitched about it. It was an idea they had. In a game developers world, if communication is too open, people bitch. Communication is too closed, people bitch. Hell, even when a middle ground is found (as in KK's case, they have been fairly vocal), people bitch.

A game developers job is the hardest in the world. Since you will never, ever please even 70% of your playerbase.

Edit: Asur, reakktor has said something along the lines of "we are looking into it". Infact, it's stated in the plan file.

Remember, a planfile is nothing but a bunch of ideas in the form of an HTML file. They are subject to change.

sanityislost
17-12-05, 00:20
Buh Byez dude and sex!! :(

SiL ..:..

retr0n
17-12-05, 00:21
It's barely been more then 2 weeks since the patch. A statement was made and your all crapping over it anyways.

I think this is also a part of the problem. You say "barely been more then 2 weeks"
I say "holy fuck it's been more then 2 weeks now".

Sometimes you need to act faster tbh, you can't debate everything for weeks.

Marx
17-12-05, 00:21
And Marx. Quite frankly it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. People complain when we do talk and complain when we don't.

I think it's more because you guys are selective.

I really can't comment as to why - I understand you guys are often busy, but sometimes certain things are often overlooked... I'm looking at you MJS, don't think I forgot about our superhappyfuntime debates.

Someone will often swoop down to make a single comment e.g.

"LAWL, LOOK AT THIS AWESOME BARREL, WHAT DOES IT DO?"

Mr. Awesome Mod/GM/Dev : I think it's part of an upcoming storyline development, don't quote me on that though.

"How does it get involved?"

"What does it do?"

"Mr Awseome Mod/GM/Dev?"

"Anybody out there?"

"Marco!"

Granted - there have been alot of times when information was spread down from the heavens like holy fire; but there have been at least several times that number of times when little to no information was given, and the context in which it was submitted was not friendly and was openly interpreted as hostile.

Yeah, people really read into your comments. Why?

The same reason people theorize why the white mailbox at Area 51 was painted.

There's no other information to latch on to.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-12-05, 00:22
Asur, if reakktor talks about everything they think up, we will have a community bitching about all the things promised but no implemented. It's a very tricky position they are in.

Remember playershops? Mechs? Yeah, they couldn't implement either and the community bitched about it. It was an idea they had. In a game developers world, if communication is too open, people bitch. Communication is too closed, people bitch. Hell, even when a middle ground is found (as in KK's case, they have been fairly vocal), people bitch.

A game developers job is the hardest in the world. Since you will never, ever please even 70% of your playerbase.
did I ask for detailed plans? I know full well its hard, Ive used that excuse to be nice and sit through delay after delay, but all weve ever asked if for a WORD
a fucking post.
Not a indepth plan on what they are doing.
But atleast something that shows they see that its a problem and truly care.
wich from the plan file I see they dont about the reload.
thats going to doom NCs pvp KK, welcome to elf land, youve just became another magic whoring game of no skill.
Elf time now.

Odin
17-12-05, 00:23
wouldnt be bad actually odin, just more input from actual developers would own, just say whats bein done, whats not being done, discuss with the people who play the game, and talk to them to get the best outta your efforts to make the game better!

They do read every thread. They will not however post due to the exact behaviour like such that goes on in these forums. They have much better things to do then to get into arguments with a small percentage of the customer base. These guys already spend long hours over the code.

I think it's more because you guys are selective.

Or it's because we simply don't have an answer. It may not be high priority to the coders, it may be internally debated for a couple weeks on end or we may be commenting on other issues at the time.

Ryen
17-12-05, 00:25
They do read every thread. They will not however post due to the exact behaviour like such that goes on in these forums. They have much better things to do then to get into arguments with a small percentage of the customer base. These guys already spend long hours over the code.

in before "so now you're saying we're all idiots?"

Edit: Which I'm not saying, I just know someone is going too.

retr0n
17-12-05, 00:25

I'm sorry, but I payed for playershops. It's a bit of a difference whining over
seomthing that was said "maybe to be implemented" and promised with the
release of NC2.

Ufcourse they can't discuss every single thing with us, but there are so many
good ideas on these forums that go unnoticed all the time, it doesn't take more
then a few seconds to write "hey this idea seems good, we'll look into it".

Also if they are going to implement something that they 100% know will alter
how the game is played by atleast 25% of the population, then they can atleast
give a heads up.

Odin
17-12-05, 00:27
in before "so now you're saying we're all idiots?"

Edit: Which I'm not saying, I just know someone is going too.

Of course not. I'm saying there is a high amount of overreaction and attention grabbing.

Marx
17-12-05, 00:34
Or it's because we simply don't have an answer. It may not be high priority to the coders, it may be internally debated for a couple weeks on end or we may be commenting on other issues at the time.

That's where the community/customer support folks come into play. They're supposed to swoop down like noble eagles to ferret out the true concerns and address them.

Having a notable presence along with a pleasant demeanor certainly make a "We're working on this presently, no ETA on a fix" or "The top staff might be working this one over, we'll get back to you with what's up once they figure it out" bearable.

While it doesn't give an answer, it is certainly more hospitable than absolutely no comment or presence whatsoever.
;=

jini
17-12-05, 00:53
Assman is not dissapointed from Nid's delay to reply. He and the whole non elves classes are dissapointed from the bad decisions taken for relaoding thing. I'm glad that you plan on eliminating the reload exploit, simply because that will offset monks a lot more than what they are now. Get ready for the bug exodus. Or revise your plans. Time is ticking

Gotterdammerung
17-12-05, 00:54
Leaving Thread

Closed as per forum rules & guidelines