PDA

View Full Version : Game needs...

tttvector
16-12-05, 23:06
Awsome game 1st of all. This is my 2nd online game. Star Wars Gallaxies was my 1st, and it rocked till SOE killed it by going the extra mile to be incompetent. Had about 28 professions you could inercross, then cut down to 9 removing the inercrossing ability. Then killed the crafters by removing decay, and totally messing up the controls. This game is awsome, but isn't marketed very well here in the U.S. By chance I got an old copy of Neo.1 at a game store that never heard of it. Anyways... things this game needs to improve are;

1: Better character customization (Eye color, size, shape/Nose/mouth, Height, weight, Tattoo, color, size, Hair, length, color, type, ect.)
2: Craftable clothing with sockets for lootable mod attachments (Styles, colors, Sunglasses, Gloves, Boots, Belts, Hats, Rings, Jewlery, ect.)
3: Better group interface (Directional arrows to team mates with distances)
4: Add craftable paint kits for vehicals (Differant paint schemes)
5: Add space, and the other planets (with craftable fighters, bombers, capitol ships, asteroid bases/mining)

Game would be the only one out worth playing, and a big hit. ;)

tttvector
31-01-06, 11:35
SWG once a great game with potential. Destroyed by the evil empire of SOE.

P.S. planes here have sad limited hover flight 8| .

Be nice if someone made a mmo with; :wtf:
#1 multi large space arenas,stations, planets (3+),
#2 many spaceship types/classes,stations,escape pods (Board/ Capture/ Boobytrap/ hotwire/ Pilot/ Crew/ Support/ MODIFYABLE)
#3 air/space craft (Pilot/Crew/Support/MOD.),
#4 ground hover tank/bike/Mech's/Missle & Lazer platforms (Driver/Crew/Hotwire/Boobytrap/MOD.),
#5 player made citys for large guilds (Landingpad,markets,apartments,solo/team mission terminal,travel terminal to planets/stations/citys, market wares terminal,stocks)
#6 Stocks based on time estates held by guilds(bases,factorys,mines,starbases) or % of cash flow in market/economy/size of guild.
#6 IGM/IGF with ability to select certian ppl/grp's
#7 Add notepad for personal datapad/friends list
#8 Crafters make best loot (Clothing,Jewelry,Ect.)
#9 Add image designer/doc profession to enhance/alter your image long/short term(hair,nails,makeup,tattoo's,emplants,body, etc.)
#10 Biography display (option) of toon=profesions mastered,sites visited,boss/pvp kill/craft sheet,logged in/forum log sheet
#11 Give vetran useable/decorative loot/rewards based on toon age, and account active
#12 have 1st/3rd person squad AI control of multi accounts for hardcore solo multi account players (with ability to accept live players into team for voiced tactics)
#13 Open roaming with smooth sector transitions (ground/air/space), and gps grid wp
#14 NPC/PVP automated battle spawns/missions you can partisipate/activate/bystander in public outdoors/space/ or locked mission sectors of choosing ;)

xyl_az
31-01-06, 12:33
interesting, i could happily live without all of those above and you didnt mentioned even one thing which i could call crucial or at least important factor for a mmo...

Nidhogg
31-01-06, 12:53
To be fair, option 1 has been long sought after by many people and I know a certain GM who would kill for option 2 to be implemented. ;)

N

Spermy
31-01-06, 13:38
Some of it I disagree with, purely for mechanics, some of it ain't that bad. I like the PvP/NPC spawn idea, it's not bad.

More than one planet would rock, but it's not easy to work it into the storyline. The only viable method is irata and that would take a LONG time to get across to. We still have a moon I assume, but there's not really much there to make it worth visiting :p

#2 many spaceship types/classes,stations,escape pods (Board/ Capture/ Boobytrap/ hotwire/ Pilot/ Crew/ Support/ MODIFYABLE)

NEXT are working in the space travel filed again aren't they? Could work.

#3 air/space craft (Pilot/Crew/Support/MOD.),

They're in, as well as they can be at least, given the game mechanics. I like the thought of developing them.

#4 ground hover tank/bike/Mech's/Missle & Lazer platforms (Driver/Crew/Hotwire/Boobytrap/MOD.),

Vehicles are in, but aren't usable to the extent you hae suggested. I like em all. The ability to steal a vehicle could be quite cool, albeit I would advocate that it would never be a permanent theft. Good the oppurtunist spy, and another way to use the hacktool. The owner can still dismiss it if it's in an ASG zone or it will still despawn into it's original owners garage if left, no one gets hurt :) and no one loses thier epics.

#5 player made citys for large guilds (Landingpad,markets,apartments,solo/team mission terminal,travel terminal to planets/stations/citys, market wares terminal,stocks)

One of teh few i don't think we need.

#6 Stocks based on time estates held by guilds(bases,factorys,mines,starbases) or % of cash flow in market/economy/size of guild.

We have a politics system and a stock exchange, although both could use a revamp to encourage more use.

Good.

Good.

They already do, in most cases. (Rare weapons such as the disruptor, cursed soul, redeemer etc...)

#9 Add image designer/doc profession to enhance/alter your image long/short term(hair,nails,makeup,tattoo's,emplants,body, etc.)

A wider choice of modification on the characters would rock, but more customisation means more data about each character in a zone needs to be streamed to each client. Could inhibit communication between the server and player.

#10 Biography display (option) of toon=profesions mastered,sites visited,boss/pvp kill/craft sheet,logged in/forum log sheet

That would be cool. We have a limited form on the citycoms under runner info at the moment.

#11 Give vetran useable/decorative loot/rewards based on toon age, and account active

Usables No. decorative yes. The issues with most usables we have for high end at the moment is that they often become a requirement for PvP, giving a distinct advantage. It's unfair to those who don't qualify purely because they haven't played as long or can't afford to. But something nice to show for being a vet would be good.

#12 have 1st/3rd person squad AI control of multi accounts for hardcore solo multi account players (with ability to accept live players into team for voiced tactics)

I don't see how it would work, but err on the side of caution. I'd rather not have AI in control of my other characters in a belt drop zone. :p

#13 Open roaming with smooth sector transitions (ground/air/space), and gps grid wp

Good good. But it would involve tearing down NC and rehashing it. Plus the mobs that tend to follow accross zones could be abused and pulled into other areas by unscrupulous players if they wanted.

I'm all for it if it is possible.

#14 NPC/PVP automated battle spawns/missions you can partisipate/activate/bystander in public outdoors/space/ or locked mission sectors of choosing

Good good.

Love it. Good post. But I think you must be punished for mentioning SWG.

:p

Harliquin
31-01-06, 18:17
I'd rather see bug fixes before anything new is implemented to contribute to the bug problems already presant in the game.

Digital-Talios
31-01-06, 20:55
I'd rather see bug fixes before anything new is implemented to contribute to the bug problems already presant in the game.

ditto....

there is alot more then just pretty colors and a gazillion face skins to choose from I would like to see implemented. things like new vehicles and high end shit would be awesome.

tttvector
31-01-06, 21:26
To be fair, option 1 has been long sought after by many people and I know a certain GM who would kill for option 2 to be implemented. ;)

N

What does it take to implement #1 with limited #2? :confused:
Seem's another planet was settled from the story. The people that left could've splintered in space going to differant destinations. So far no one did a follow up mission to check on the departed.

N.E.X.T. develops space/time warp that burns it's self out unless aux. jump gates are used. 1st few drone ships to arrive fail, but eventualy drops an automated jump gate. Then story unfolds as to what happened to the departed. As time procceds few more splinters of group are found thriving. ;)

tttvector
31-01-06, 21:44

Vehicles are in, but aren't usable to the extent you hae suggested. I like em all. The ability to steal a vehicle could be quite cool, albeit I would advocate that it would never be a permanent theft. Good the oppurtunist spy, and another way to use the hacktool. The owner can still dismiss it if it's in an ASG zone or it will still despawn into it's original owners garage if left, no one gets hurt :) and no one loses thier epics.

Love it. Good post. But I think you must be punished for mentioning SWG.

:p

Agree that theft of vehicals would only be temporarily, and with rest said. :)

If any kind of punishment would help me forget my past addiction to SWG... PLZ... I could use it ;) It isn't ever going to be like it was :(

tttvector
31-01-06, 21:53
ditto....

there is alot more then just pretty colors and a gazillion face skins to choose from I would like to see implemented. things like new vehicles and high end shit would be awesome.

Agreed. MMO's always have tons of bugs. It's the content, and game play that keep/get ppl. :D

Richard Slade
31-01-06, 22:01

N

Why on Gods green earth haven't the devs been arsed to fix this?
It was planned!

joran420
01-02-06, 00:10
1: Better character customization (Eye color, size, shape/Nose/mouth, Height, weight, Tattoo, color, size, Hair, length, color, type, ect.)
2: Craftable clothing with sockets for lootable mod attachments (Styles, colors, Sunglasses, Gloves, Boots, Belts, Hats, Rings, Jewlery, ect.)
is what niddhog was referring too not

tttvector
01-02-06, 00:17
Belive he ment to say;

joran420
01-02-06, 00:27
im sure he was reffering to char customisation and cigarettes and sunglasses not to space stations and spaceships

Foo
01-02-06, 02:31
lol you is trying to turn this into SWG ! , next you will be asking for light sabers and force run 3 :rolleyes: .

Serious everything u mentioned was all in SWG pre publish 9 (When swg was at its best and prime)

tttvector
01-02-06, 04:47
lol you is trying to turn this into SWG ! , next you will be asking for light sabers and force run 3 :rolleyes: .

Serious everything u mentioned was all in SWG pre publish 9 (When swg was at its best and prime)

Never cared for jedi, o_O but game could use more content. Not everyone cares for ground/air/space combat. I tend to get bored with mindless killing :rolleyes: , and try out new things like dancing/music/crafting/ect. Very few SIFI MMO's out, or in the making. None try to target the mixed bag of gamers out there with mixed entertainment desires. I'm looking forward to Star Trek Online. Mabye they can pull out a few new ideas to MMO's. I belive in rasing the bar, why stick to the cookie cutter? I can't stand the midevil theme thats been wore out time and again. SWG was the 1st, who can do better? ;)

Sylow
01-02-06, 16:16

- Yes! The character design here definitely is badly lacking. From all i got, improving this was originally planed for 2.2 but currently put on hold. I hope it still will get implemented.

- Different clothes to change the appearance of your character: yes, definitely. Though, the whole lootable mod stuff can be skipped, that stuff always that the "i am 1773"-touch in SWG, i am not missing it the least. (The bio-engineered mods were fine, everybody was able to afford them. The SEAs were just some "penis enlargement" for some people... i personally didn't bother too much, my PvP was group based, tactics and coordination mattered a lot more than SEAs there but for others they definitely were a pain.)

3: Better group interface (Directional arrows to team mates with distances)

- I am not playing for a long time yet, but i think that such a status might be some improvement. At my level, everybody in team seems to care for his own healing. (Everybody has a bit of psi to use some heal...) I don't know if the end game knows dedicated healers, the high need for PPUs indicate that it does.

With a small team, the present system allowed me to act as healer lately, since one person in team still was not able to use psi yet, but as soon as the team gets larger, i tend to loose the overview of the health of the teammates. Part of the reason also might be that several of those boxes with name and health are overlaying each other, making it impossible to read them any more. Thus i would welcome a team overview box on the screen.

4: Add craftable paint kits for vehicals (Differant paint schemes)

- A nice gadget, not high priority, though.

5: Add space, and the other planets (with craftable fighters, bombers, capitol ships, asteroid bases/mining)

- No way, within the current setup... small nations struggling for control over some part of a planet in a wrecked environment, space combat simply doesn't fit in, unless you suddenly have several planets around.

#1, #2, #3
- Since space makes no sense within this game, this also doesn't.

- Basically: more vehicles. Since i am new, i can't judge yet. Usually variety is good, as long as the dev team can handle it. :) Though, i dare to say, NC has a bigger selection of vehicles than any other MMORPG on the market, so i would say, priority for this should be low.

#5 player made citys for large guilds

- Was a great thing in SWG, but i wouldn't know how to fit this into NC. The world in NC is "smaller" so i can't imagine how to add such things. (Both codewise and for the logic of the game.)

#6 Stocks based on time estates held by guilds

- See previous.

- a mail system exists, take a look at the city terminal. You also can send direct messages, but i agree that the lack of a /friends (or /who) command is somewhat inconvenient. The runner search in the city terminal sure is not doing the job.

- The notepad would be just a nice gadged, nice to have but not important. The friends list itself should be enhanced, the buddy concept is not doing the job in my eyes.

- crafting sure is easier and more straightforward (and unfortunately somewhat loot-oriented) from what i saw up to now. Anyways, any _good_ weapon i saw up to now was crafted. Crafting sure doesn't have the complexity it had in SWG, but i think the system in NC does the job well enough.

- Would make sense as soon as more modifications to character appearance are available.

- honestly, what you want is the badge system? Did you ever read through them at anybody but yourself? A lot of effort for little gain, in my eyes.

- Veteran rewards? Decoration only, if any, i would say. Could do very well without, though.

- Uh... So you can roam around, one player controling a team of characters? This is a plague in many games and a perfect reason not to implement any follow and assist functionality.

From all i was told up to now, almost anything in game is doable by a single character, if done cautiously and correctly so there really is no need for zerging around with several characters of one player.

- That would be great. Any MMORPG around uses some kind of sectors, but the more modern ones preload the next ones before the player enters them. The question is, is the engine of NC able to support this, guessing from what i saw up to now, any change in this direction might lead to more client crashes, so i fear this is a feature to be seen in NC3 only, in case it'll ever be done.

#14 NPC/PVP automated battle spawns/missions you can partisipate/activate/bystander in public outdoors/space/ or locked mission sectors of choosing ;)

- hmm... i am not completely getting this. Missions you have from the city terminal, they do the job... PvP missions would be interesting, but very hard to implement. (I hope you're not looking for the Bounty Hunter stuff of SWG... almost as senseless as PvP in WoW, i am sorry...)

I'd rather take the basebusting from SWG and copy the planetary control concept. Give some sectors a military base where players can fight to gain control of it. If a base is under control by a faction there should be some guards of the faction patroling the sector, so holding a sector has some meaning.

# [...]try out new things like dancing/music/crafting/ect.[...]

- Definitely yes. Nothing comming close to that in any online-game around, would be great to have that. (Especially when i read about things like the pussy club... people there will probably ask the devs to make their babies if things like this were implemented. :D ;) )

A few of the ideas i dare to dismiss, either for i see little benefit compared to the effort or they don't really match NC, but a good deal of the ideas i would love to see implemented. (Though, i dare to assume that they won't come since the NC development team is quite small, AFAIK.)

silent000
01-02-06, 18:19
i think that if you had somethign to do with space implemnt into this game it wud truely be stupid, as you woudl say to a clanie "Hey, where are you m8", "im about 250 million miles away from mb" :D but nah i just think it wud be stupid, but the one thign i woudl love to see is character customisation

Scott01
08-02-06, 12:32
The one thing this game lacks as a good roleplaying mmo is character customisation, as in customisable facial and bodily features, ASWELL as clothing which is visible to other players. I think it adds to the roleplay side of the game, it does get abit annoying running around a city where every second person looks just like the last because their armour was identical :rolleyes:

Honestly i think alot of a players personality is reflected by the way their character looks ingame (when they're given the choice :lol: ), especially in an mmo which has a monthly fee (as you dont often get dummy/experimental characters running about).