PDA

View Full Version : Planfile #5

Carnage
16-12-05, 17:12
Today we like to give you a view in the Planfile #5, to see the incoming development steps of Neocron. Have fun to read it.

Planfile #5 (http://cp.neocron.com/index.php?id=107)

Edit: The following is Holger's statement from later on in this thread which is included here since many people are misinterpretating the planfile:

I'm glad that we now know how dumb we all are here at KK HQ :D

First of all we will definitely do patches before Evol 2.2. Of course you dont have to wait for the add-on to get content updates, fixes and some new features. Certainly the revamp of certain systems will be done in cooperation with you, so you have the possibility give you opinion. Until now we have just a rough idea and no detailed project plan of what Evol 2.2 is supposed to contain. We just decided to create this Evol 2.2 package. The details will be planned early next year.

The reload time subject is an important problem and has our full attention. We think we are on a good path with the current solution even if we see that you are shouting a lot about this. This is not the last step. Things like mag size enhancements are absolutely possible. We definitely don’t want to return to the old system. You have to admit that there is no other game out there where you can reload by switching weapons.

Please have some patience. We have to find a good way to handle this system and balancing changes together with you (community) because otherwise the changes for the next half year are going to be a painful path for both sides. ;)

giga191
16-12-05, 17:18
sooo this means that the reload times will stay the same but u can cancel it?

Holger Nathrath
16-12-05, 17:19
Yes...

Finl
16-12-05, 17:22
^ yes

CMaster
16-12-05, 17:23
One of the most important fixes could be the solution we created for the reload problem. Now it’s possible to change your weapon again during the reload time. But if you switch weapon before the reload process is finished the weapon will not be reloaded. That means you will have more freedom again but the mechanism is not exploitable any more.
Excellent, although no mention on any monk nerf to counter the problems this gives reloading chars.

Like 2.1 we are planning to release 2.2 for free and it will contain some changes with a really high impact to Neocron. We won’t try to fix everything but try to bundle a package which we can develop in about 6 months just like we did for Evolution 2.1.

So no real new content for 6 months? Unless the EGM team make lots of other stuff to keep me interested, thats not particualry encouraging to keep me subscribing.

fschepper
16-12-05, 17:25
So no real new content for 6 months? Unless the EGM team make lots of other stuff to keep me interested, thats not particualry encouraging to keep me subscribing.
same goes for me..

Bugs Gunny
16-12-05, 17:27
So THAT is your fix?

So the fact that the mobs, apus are totaly out of whack now means nothing?
And also nobody at the office looked at the fact that different weapons get different nerfs based on clipsize and frequency?

I can honestly say that you guys have no clue whatsoever on how to ballance your own game.
I'm sorry for the graphics departement who apparently are doing a great job, but this game is going to die a slow death. I don't think after your extended free time there's going to be many new subscribers.

Welcome the era of wizards and say bye bye to technology in your scifi game.

Dribble Joy
16-12-05, 17:34
Swapping out will be agreat help. Weapon dmg can allways be altered to fit the new reload times.

Riddle
16-12-05, 17:41
Dissapointed it's going to take 6 months for new player models and NPC skins there best be a bloody load of options for it to take that long!

Odin
16-12-05, 17:44
In sense of product framework there will be a major change in the sector of payment services. But we will give you more details on this later.

Ok that's got my attention now. Must needle people!

CMaster
16-12-05, 17:45
Swapping out will be agreat help. Weapon dmg can allways be altered to fit the new reload times.
That and changes can be made to clip size and reload time. At the moment I feel Plasma Cannons were hit a little too hard by this one, as I dare say were some other guns.

Eckhart
16-12-05, 17:45
Hmmm. Not certain what I think of this. I'm glad you guys have got a long term strategy now, thats always a good thing. And I look forward to the Christmas patch and 2.2.

However I do have a couple of questions:

1. Will the symp missions be included in this Christmas patch? I didn't see them mentioned in the planfile.
2. Whilst development is underway on 2.2 will we still recieve regular patches (i.e. keeping up the patching trend set by 2.1) or will all go quiet on that front until 2.2?

In other news, I hope to god that "In sense of product framework there will be a major change in the sector of payment services." means we're getting rid of C2P. Or at least getting PayPal.

Aside from this, thanks for the planfile to keep us all up to date :)

Tratos
16-12-05, 17:47
In sense of product framework there will be a major change in the sector of payment services. But we will give you more details on this later.
If this means your getting rid of Click2Pay - Thank the heavens tbh.

Considering one of the main graphical complaits are the character models im glad to see these will be updated along with all human NPCs, would it be possible for the community to suggest some changes with the revamp? as i would personaly like to see a variation in faction guards with both male and female guards of more than one class (Spy and PE gaurds aswell as Tanks with a couple monks) for each faction.

Although the wait of 6 months seems hefty i hope your storyline guy can keep us on out feet during this time ;)

Bugs Gunny
16-12-05, 17:51
Changing clipsize would be wrong.
They have to change the weapondammage.
But then look at this:

50 dammage 2.5sec reload 50 dammage 25 sec reload

or

100 dammage 6 second reload.

Now what if the target dies after 75 dammage.... See where this is going?

ANY respectable development team would admit a mistake, change it back with a patch, then THINK about the whole thing, come up with a sollution that includes the changes and ballancing and THEN inmpement it.

Rough estimate on weapondammage changes etc to ballance things out :

2 months.

.Cyl0n
16-12-05, 17:52
One of the most important fixes could be the solution we created for the reload problem. Now it’s possible to change your weapon again during the reload time. But if you switch weapon before the reload process is finished the weapon will not be reloaded. That means you will have more freedom again but the mechanism is not exploitable any more.

---

That doesnt help reloading chars at all against monks.

Way to go to loose players KK... you still dont know how to balance your game. Why dont you listen to us for once?!

Clive tombstone
16-12-05, 17:53
Besides the obvious revamp in graphics for the vehicles, will the mechanics be changed as well? Such as there handeling, as well as requirments,(possible modding), And athstetics?

giga191
16-12-05, 17:55
so keeping the current reload animation is more important than game balance?

LTA
16-12-05, 17:57
New graphics for the freezer.... thats good but i think the way its going there wont be any weapon users its just not viable when a guy can land 4 hls in the space of you reloading your gun.

Good to see the gfx department getting so much rolling how about some improvvements to your end of game pvp content THE OPS!

Where's lupus these days?

Dribble Joy
16-12-05, 17:58
Chance to put accessories in?

I want neon strip-poled umbrellas, the massive fros brought back, gasmasks, cigs, cigars and pipes, clown shoes, trench coats, cloaks/roles jedi sytlee, shades, top hats and walking sticks.

msdong
16-12-05, 18:01
so keeping the current reload animation is more important than game balance?
doth think there is a reload problem but a monk problem

kurai
16-12-05, 18:13
OK - so mostly `yay` \o/

(with some reservation about KK missing the big picture and the point of the reload tweak)

Also ... *any* work on freezer weapons that still leaves them as freezer weapons :(
Christ on a bike - someone in Hanover loves their fucking glue effects.
Seems like we are cursed to continue with them, come hell or high water, no matter how widely the large majority of players loathe them. O_o

cRazy-
16-12-05, 18:26
Dissapointed it's going to take 6 months for new player models and NPC skins there best be a bloody load of options for it to take that long!

I dont think you realise just how much work goes into what they are saying, they dont just develop and render a complete new model overnight you know.

And im sure the 2.1 storyline will keep us entertained throughout at least half of the 2.2 development.

I dont really have anything bad to say, at least its something, and I didnt expect some new content in a 2.2 patch, which I would rather get then not.

Scaramanga
16-12-05, 18:33
There is a precident for the reload working in its current form, rl.
As far as i am aware there is currently no precident for the use of psi boosters and their effect on psi pools. Maybe i dont get out much, who knows?
As you are going to keep the reload non exploitable would it be fair to expect a change in the way that the psi pool is refreshed?

Other than that query, nice job. Looking forward to seing the new gear in the next patch.

[Edit] DJ, how could you forget silk embroidered smoking caps?

Nidhogg
16-12-05, 18:42
In answer to an earlier question, I believe symp missions are implemented on the test server and should be in the next patch. I can't guarantee that but it looks highly likely at this stage.

N

Bugs Gunny
16-12-05, 18:44
Do you guys wory at least the tiniest bit how the reload is going to affect playernumbers?

Right now Terra is usualy around 300 at peak. Let's take another one next week and the week after. I'll bet it goes to 190 in two weeks.

.Cyl0n
16-12-05, 18:46
Do you guys wory at least the tiniest bit how the reload is going to affect playernumbers?

Right now Terra is usualy around 300 at peak. Let's take another one next week and the week after. I'll bet it goes to 190 in two weeks.

Looks like they dont care or fail to see it... oh well back to q4 i guess o_O

cRazy-
16-12-05, 18:55
Although i dont like having to spend ages to reload, I know at some point in the future if im PvP'ing somewhere i'll be able to survive or just manage to outheal death because a tank needs to reload, and vise versa for some people.

kurai
16-12-05, 18:56
Although i dont like having to spend ages to reload, I know at some point in the future if im PvP'ing somewhere i'll be able to survive or just manage to outheal death because a tank needs to reload, and vise versa for some people.
Yeah. Then the survivor can get stomped by any passing monkeh :(

Ryen
16-12-05, 18:58
All of the changes seem good to me. My gameplay experiance will go largely unaltered (which is a good thing). Although I would like to see a change in the reloading times (or, even better, add a reloading time for the monks) just to stop people from complaining about them.

Edit :
Beside the graphical stuff we will put more effort in adjustments of gaming systems like the outpost system, the opponent KI or balancing questions.

SorkZmok
16-12-05, 19:00
Rather remake reloading like it was before the patch, and THEN work out a solution. The one you're gonna put in won't help shit against monks and i bet it's gonna take months till you manage to bring guns back in line with APUs. :(

"Beside the fixes we will give you new models for the freezer weapon family"

Great. The most useless weapons there are. But i bet with the new models you're gonna make em useful again. Oh, i really miss the old days of freezer pistols owning everybody. o_O

Ryen
16-12-05, 19:02
Reakktor, the only thing I really, really want is the bullshit vehicle error fixed and the PE model errors. Please?

paolo escobar
16-12-05, 19:05
Well that sure is a nice plan file isnt it folks, plenty to look forward too in the coming months. And some more "new" things too.
But what ur basically saying is, balistic weapon ppl are still screwed. And knowing u lot will prolly be more screwed when u "fix" it

And u have branded the current method ppl use to quickly reload as exploitation, something u brought on yourselves by making it that much harder for ppl to compete with monks and retain the fast paced fluid pvp that we all spent years and years learning and that we came to love.

LOL to a poorly thought out and implemented change. With another poorly thought out and implemented "fix".
The community has expressed deep disatisfaction over the reload changes u made.

Why not as someone else in this thread already said, change it back to the old system untill u have a fully tested and working reload method that doesnt screw over 3 of the 6 weapon types?
You really should of listened alot harder to what the community has been asking.

Do the devs actually play neocron on the retail servers where players have skill and no godmode?

[[Removed: Incredibly poor taste.]]

To the ppl at kk who have/had nothing to do with the reload issue let me say your doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Tratos
16-12-05, 19:24
Although i dont mind the reload issue much (But im not a hugly active PvPer so i can see why alot of people do mind it) i would like to see it returned to PRE 2.1 untill a better solution is in effect and perhaps some in depth discussion on the forums between the developers and the community on the matter (Like Callashs PPU threads) in the community areas so paying customers have a say in the matter.

xyl_az
16-12-05, 19:43
i'm speechless... again

so, in summary:

- one "christmas" patch that will confirm what we all know already - that monks are the new rulers of neocron and nothing will ever change that (balance remains unbalanced).

*neptune stays the same, which means its ultimately dead

and ...

...thats all...

...next is a long wait (6 months) for another patch... (oh, i'm sure the promises of 2.2 will be amazing and fascinating...)

well, thanks for the info anyway - at least i know now that i can finally reach 50 honor in AA maybe even this month.

Inchenzo
16-12-05, 19:53
i'd like some clearing up on what's gonna happen between the christmas patch and nc2.2, cos i don't like the idea of waiting 6 months for new content.

Mighty Max
16-12-05, 19:56
Lol. I think thats majorly disinterprated.

That there will be a patch on xx.12.2005 and on xx.6.2006 doesnt mean there wont be a patch within. It's just a list of milestones which are set. A car doesnt jump from milestone to milestone to reach its destination. Nor is it usual that only one car drives along this road.

Kierz
16-12-05, 19:58
i'd like some clearing up on what's gonna happen between the christmas patch and nc2.2, cos i don't like the idea of waiting 6 months for new content.between the xmas patch and 2.2, my account runs out.

Vampire222
16-12-05, 19:58
TNX KK for not listening to the public once again, can assure you lots of ppl will leave if this is actually gonna be the shitty "fix" for reloading, either put it back at what it was supposed to be (speedy 2 second reloads, quicker if u change wep back and forth) or i GUARANTEE you i and lots of others will leave nc.... wtf is so hard about listening to people who play neocron? :mad:

FIX THE CURRENT GAME PROBLEMS AND BALANCE IT RATHER THAN SLAPPING IN MORE UNBALANCED WEAPONS ITEMS AND WHATNOT PLEASE!

jj dynomite
16-12-05, 20:07

Wow...really bad idea. I'm almost speechless.

It seems with every patch Monks are getting stronger and stronger.

I just don't know really what to say.

Way to not "fix" a thing.

/edit: BTW that is not a "solution" to the "reload problem". That doesn't even begin to touch the surface of the "reload problem". If i hear "we're lowering the frequency of psi spells and making it take 6 seconds for psi boosters to kick in" then i'll start being satisfied about the "reload problem"

Inchenzo
16-12-05, 20:21
Wow...really bad idea. I'm almost speechless.

It seems with every patch Monks are getting stronger and stronger.

I just don't know really what to say.

Way to not "fix" a thing.

just give ém a needle in the arm animation for each psi booster they take,
that should even things out :)

-FN-
16-12-05, 20:25
that should even things out :)
That would be a perfect fix for APUs - add a 'reload time' to them. They're still the highest damage output per "clip", but have a reload period. But many think that would really screw up PPUs... or would it... :wtf:

Mighty Max
16-12-05, 20:26
Thats indeed a very good idea.

Tratos
16-12-05, 20:32
Give them an equivilent of Weapon Law/Aiming (e.g. Mental Steadyness/Concentration) while your at it and weeee balance.

Torg
16-12-05, 20:32
that should even things out :)yes! yes!

Inchenzo
16-12-05, 20:34
would it... :wtf:

it wouldn't, i think it will actually make the game more interesting. At least a whole lot less brainless shooting..

Odin
16-12-05, 20:47
It's a planfile folks. It's talking more about the next large revision. Of course there will be patches in the meantime. As to the reload issue I can't comment as I have no direct or indirect involvement with it.

Vampire222
16-12-05, 20:52
It's a planfile folks. It's talking more about the next large revision. Of course there will be patches in the meantime. As to the reload issue I can't comment as I have no direct or indirect involvement with it.

Your responsibility as head of support to tell them this won't do, and that the constant destruction of fps elements in the game won't help largen the playerbase either, get them to do something man, before it's too late! O_o

Dargeshaad
16-12-05, 21:00
Any chance you'll rehire Callash? He seemed to be the only one at KK with a clue.

Clive tombstone
16-12-05, 21:12
heheh, I know how to throw things back into balance, put spirit mods back in, and make em for every weapon class besides just sniper rifles.

Suck it monks :D

giga191
16-12-05, 21:16
Any chance you'll rehire Callash? He seemed to be the only one at KK with a clue.
/signed

msdong
16-12-05, 21:26
just give ém a needle in the arm animation for each psi booster they take,...

/signed

Dribble Joy
16-12-05, 21:35
Wait, does that mean we can press reload, can swap out, but it will take the full 5 or whatever seconds to reload. Or does it mean we can press reload, swap out, but if we swap back the weapon won't be reloaded?

jj dynomite
16-12-05, 21:42
It means if we are reloading and swap out...when we bring the weapon back up, we have to reload again (for the full 6 seconds)

Dargeshaad
16-12-05, 21:45
And u have branded the current method ppl use to quickly reload as exploitation, something u brought on yourselves by making it that much harder for ppl to compete with monks and retain the fast paced fluid pvp that we all spent years and years learning and that we came to love.

What's also interesting is that they increased the time a weapon reloads by around 3x. Before it took only around 2 seconds (checked some old movies i had) to reload a gun, whereas it now takes over 6 seconds from what I hear.
Now i'll agree reloading needed some kind of fix as that proposed in the new plan file, however increasing the time it takes to reload is just plain stupid and just goes to show how little sense of balancing KK possess.

Vampire222
16-12-05, 21:47
Its bullshit to in anyway fuck up the classes that were the underdogs vs most apu's already, even more their bitch, whatever was wrong.

Dribble Joy
16-12-05, 21:48
It means if we are reloading and swap out...when we bring the weapon back up, we have to reload again (for the full 6 seconds)
Bah, I thought it was the first one. Utter cow poo.

xyl_az
16-12-05, 21:52
its a monk's world... or it will be for sure

jj dynomite
16-12-05, 21:54
Utter cow poo.

They should rename this thread to Utter Cow Poo.

Ryen
16-12-05, 21:59
If they increased reloading times 3x, why not increase weapon ammo capacity by 3x? It's an easy fix, and should be effective.

Dribble Joy
16-12-05, 22:00
Or just GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM......

O_o

Argent
16-12-05, 22:11
I'm not impressed. There are more important matters at hand than models....

Though I guess it's good that the graphic artists get at least some work to do.

Selendor
16-12-05, 22:31
Don't want to comment on the reload issue, others have got it spot on. (Monk balance is part of it). Will concentrate on other parts:

The most important and biggest goal for this Add-on will be a complete revamp of the player models and all human NPC's.

Ok, at this point I'd like to quote myself when I posted what KK should have been doing with evo2.1 instead of trees and weapon models:

- Player Lag / Netcode is top priority
- Player Models and Rpos being revamped
- New City Ops and hacknet rules being implemented
- Pro and Anti City forward command posts being added
- PvP server developer resource being put back into the main servers, focusing on the current game's evolution instead of pvp and asia servers.

So, they are actually addressing one of the points I made. Good. However...
The most important? :( I just don't get it, you know and we know exactly what needs developing in this game to get people interested again, and its not the appearance of NPCs, who I should mention, are using the good Neocron 1 models! 6 months and that is your main goal? I'll give you a fix for that in 2 days - just put the Neocron 1 player models back in!!! What about the RPOS? If you must insist on prioritising graphics then attack that first.

Another goal is the revamp of the vehicles.

... :wtf: Again, I don't remember reading hundreds of posts where people have been asking for this. And even though I'd like to interpret that to mean you will make the flying vehicles less buggy, or lower the reqs so that more people can use them without gimpage, I have the sad realisation you just mean pretty graphics.

we will put more effort in adjustments of gaming systems like the outpost system, the opponent KI or balancing questions. Of course we will also work on the engine to add more features and increase the performance and stability.

Now this is the most important statement of all, and its also the most ambiguous. Yes the outpost system needs adjustment, because its the endgame for players and clans. But what are you going to change - the hacknet? The layout of ops? Just what exactly is opponent KI? 'Balancing Questions', if you actually take this to mean the monks and reload situation, and you will deliver this within 6 months then that is good. But I find this all too vague to suggest you know what you are going to do :(

Overall, this is a very bad plan file. I don't like the 6 month plan, and I don't like the focus on graphics. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just think you had one chance to keep all the free trial players from this month, and I'm not sure that will do it.

L3Ts3L
16-12-05, 22:47
Well i'm stunned :eek: KK is actually listening to the comunity, not that i've had any part of it :angel: Keep it coming KK, You guys rule!!

P.s

Dont forget those monks though.

giga191
16-12-05, 22:52
actually i dont care about reload coz i got sexbow

L3Ts3L
16-12-05, 23:12
Imagine it was like this from very beginning. (the reloading) Nobody would have been whinnning now. Change is good. I'ts when you pk a few monks, the rush is far greater, as now you have to time your reload/heal. Or carry 2 or 3 loaded rare's and switch between those. Now you can even deal 5 damage types. :lol:

xyl_az
16-12-05, 23:25
Imagine it was like this from very beginning. (the reloading) Nobody would have been whinnning now. Change is good. I'ts when you pk a few monks, the rush is far greater, as now you have to time your reload/heal. Or carry 2 or 3 loaded rare's and switch between those. Now you can even deal 5 damage types. :lol:

if it was like that from the beggining, the game would be dead by now...

...or every single player would be a monk...

You're saying that the obvious flaw/imbalance in the game, wouldnt be treated as a flaw because everyone would get used to it?

[nvm]

Nicor
16-12-05, 23:37
As said a good 1000 of times, graphics are not and have never been a problem in NC. And anyway, graphics have never been a good enough reason to stay on a MMO game. KK spend lot too much time on that, while other very important things remain unchanged: game balance, PPU, OP system, ceres stuff...

Bored to repeat and repeat and repeat .... so I take a break now: I wish you all the best for the future, and hope your strategy will pay at the end.

Holger Nathrath
16-12-05, 23:45

First of all we will definitely do patches before Evol 2.2. Of course you dont have to wait for the add-on to get content updates, fixes and some new features. Certainly the revamp of certain systems will be done in cooperation with you, so you have the possibility give you opinion. Until now we have just a rough idea and no detailed project plan of what Evol 2.2 is supposed to contain. We just decided to create this Evol 2.2 package. The details will be planned early next year.

The reload time subject is an important problem and has our full attention. We think we are on a good path with the current solution even if we see that you are shouting a lot about this. This is not the last step. Things like mag size enhancements are absolutely possible. We definitely don’t want to return to the old system. You have to admit that there is no other game out there where you can reload by switching weapons.

Please have some patience. We have to find a good way to handle this system and balancing changes together with you (community) because otherwise the changes for the next half year are going to be a painful path for both sides. ;)

giga191
16-12-05, 23:48
the first step of listening to the community is to make a list of people that you shouldn't listen to ;)

Holger Nathrath
16-12-05, 23:48
As said a good 1000 of times, graphics are not and have never been a problem in NC. And anyway, graphics have never been a good enough reason to stay on a MMO game. KK spend lot too much time on that, while other very important things remain unchanged: game balance, PPU, OP system, ceres stuff...

Bored to repeat and repeat and repeat .... so I take a break now: I wish you all the best for the future, and hope your strategy will pay at the end.

I will say it once again: we have coders and qa and content developers, support ... and ... graphic artists. The poor artists really cant fix the netcode ;)

Odin
16-12-05, 23:52
I will say it once again: we have coders and qa and content developers, support ... and ... graphic artists. The poor artists really cant fix the netcode ;)

And you really don't want me (support) anywhere near the netcode :D

Asurmen Spec Op
16-12-05, 23:55
Today we like to give you a view in the Planfile #5, to see the incoming development steps of Neocron. Have fun to read it.

Planfile #5 (http://cp.neocron.com/index.php?id=107)
To little to late
You people are obviously BLIND to the whole problem that is loosing you member!
WE DONT FUCKING CARE IF YOU CAN CANCEL OUT OF THE RELOAD TIME
You've ruinned the point of all non monk classes and this will do ABSOLUTLY nothing to fix it.

eprodigy
17-12-05, 00:07
horrible plan file. bad solution for reloading. six month wait for more things that should have been done from the start, when NC2 was first released. and still no information on the balance issues that make the game unplayable until fixed.

when the populations bottom out again after this trial mabye they'll see the point..

and reloading again.. WHY DO YOU CHOOSE THIS ISSUE TO WORK ON NOW? THERE IS A MUCH MORE MAJOR BALANCE ISSUE that everyone knows and complains about, but lets fix something no one ever even noticed and effectively nerf those that are already screwed.

Ryen
17-12-05, 00:14

Thanks for this statement, sheds some light on just what is happening over there.

Also, your english is very good for someone who is a native german speaker.

xyl_az
17-12-05, 00:24
@KK staff, simple question really...

What about the Neptune?

Ryen
17-12-05, 00:36
@KK staff, simple question really...

What about the Neptune?

Even though this is a pipedream and a horrible request for a company bent on making money, go the free route. F/N has some pretty good ideas.

xyl_az
17-12-05, 00:41
Even though this is a pipedream and a horrible request for a company bent on making money, go the free route. F/N has some pretty good ideas.

F/N's idea about neptune is to close it down... while it *might* be a good idea (assuming nothing will ever get changed about it), i'm not really interested in supporting that... sorry

Dargeshaad
17-12-05, 00:45
You have to admit that there is no other game out there where you can reload by switching weapons.

You're not going to commont on the fact that reload time has been increased with a factor 3 compared to the time it took to reload previously?
And don't give me some "it's realistic" mumbojumbo because anyone with just a tiny amount of military training (myself included) could tell you that it's flatout unrealistic to spend over 6 seconds to reload a weapon.

That is all, thank you.

Kierz
17-12-05, 01:46
I'm glad that we now know how dumb we all are here at KK HQ :DWell done! The first step is admitting you have a problem :D (please don't hate me =x)

Things like mag size enhancements are absolutely possible.Probably the most ballanced idea, just go for it, although I do kinda like the idea of upping the damage but I think it would be a little too overpowering (almost HL overpowering).

RusSki
17-12-05, 01:59
[ edited ]

tarasm
17-12-05, 02:15
Fuck this new evou 2.2,KK all you do is create new stuff and more bugs.Stop adding new stuff until all the bugs is fixed.Then add your new shit.not now.

Sry im bad at english

Mighty Max
17-12-05, 02:21
anyone with just a tiny amount of military training (myself included) could tell you that it's flatout unrealistic to spend over 6 seconds to reload a weapon.

That is all, thank you.

Nonsense tbh

I whish i'd seen ppl that would have made it in 6secs in non-training situations.

Inchenzo
17-12-05, 02:28
It's gettng frustrating reading all these complaints from just about everybody on the forums.

It's not bad to critisize, but at least neocron is getting a future, not so long ago there was hardly anything to do anymore, but now they actually adding stuff again, and they are making their deadlines, Neocron is starting to get a real life again.

Bugfixes alone does not make a game fun, it's true these things need to happen, but it's not what a game makes.

Just don't think these guys are sitting around doing nothing, they are working hard on all the things that need to happen.
Neocron seems to be getting a future again, let's just hope it keeps on the path there.

fschepper
17-12-05, 02:30
And don't give me some "it's realistic" mumbojumbo because anyone with just a tiny amount of military training (myself included) could tell you that it's flatout unrealistic to spend over 6 seconds to reload a weapon.
Ever tried changing a magazine while running?
Remove empty magazine, open your belt, take out new magazin, put it in weapon, close belt?
Additionally you mostly want to keep the empty magazine to refill it, so you have to put it back to where the new one was..
And all that in 6 seconds while running? Never ever..

Ever reloaded a rocket launcher?

BlackDove
17-12-05, 02:58
Hmm well I think it's pretty obvious that if the reloading problem isn't fixed in some way very soon, there'll be a lot of cancelled accounts.

Personally I believe KK should discuss their plans to fix the problem, considering the fact it is impairing gameplay beyond belief for everyone who doesn't use Monks primarily.

Far as the long term plan goes for NC 2.2 - the art department can do what they want, but I believe a big thing to go for should be the Player Shops that have been discontinued for unspecified reasons. It's the one thing that should have been at the start of NC2, and a thing that is very important to the gameplay itself.

Also, any plans to reactivate item tracking at all?

kurai
17-12-05, 03:24
it is impairing gameplay beyond belief for everyone who doesn't use Monks primarily.
...A key phrase there.

I don't think KK actually believes that there's anyone left who doesn't use Monks primarily.

Taking a step back one could argue a reasonable case that it's been a *deliberate policy* to push everyone into Monkehdom since the day the absurd hybrid possibilities were introduced back in NC1.
The eventual "fix"( :rolleyes: ) for that resulted in the unholy Buttplug+HolyLightning combo that persists to this day. Exactly the same problem, just that it now requires two people.

*sigh*

Dribble Joy
17-12-05, 03:29
As long as the dmg/time remainsd the same as before, I don't particuarly mind. Yes I prefer the old system, but it was an 'exploit' of the game mechanics.

kurai
17-12-05, 03:33
As long as the dmg/time remainsd the same as before, I don't particuarly mind. Yes I prefer the old system, but it was an 'exploit' of the game mechanics.And of course dropping magic zaps on someone's head, around obstacles, without direct line of sight isn't.

OK.

Do I really need the sarcasm smiley ? ;)

Zeninja
17-12-05, 04:28
I whish i'd seen ppl that would have made it in 6secs in non-training situations.
Chuck Norris can make it, since his roundhouse kick is considered as a weapon by military specialists.

jini
17-12-05, 08:39
As long as the dmg/time remainsd the same as before, I don't particuarly mind. Yes I prefer the old system, but it was an 'exploit' of the game mechanics.
What was the exploit again? Old system was working fine.
It's not just a number or yet another equation to solve DJ. In other words, the more you extend reload time therefore dmg output per bullet, the more accurate you need be in hitting targets. I wonder how come you dont mind the new system, since as you claim you were never exactly the aim god...
I will try timing my FL and dissie in terms or firing/reloading and be back. Emptying a magazine in 1 sec and reloading in 6 is not exactly a way to add to gameplay. And particularly not when you have to deal with easy to aim no reload moks...

jini
17-12-05, 09:07
Holger:

The ONLY solution to the reload process is to ALSO cut animation times to where they were before.
Here is why for 2 of the most powerfull rifles, the First love and dissruptor:
Dissruptor:
for 9 secs of firing a fully load magazine you need 5 secs of reloading it!!!!
First Love:
for 6 secs of emptying it, you need 4.5 secs for reloading it back!!!
This is a game we play for having fun. 5 seconds of reloads is like eons with Holy Heals and holy heal sanctums. This is the reason why you see account cancelations.

About the rest of the planfile, I agree that it paves the future for neocron and I have no complains. Work is really good in that part.

retr0n
17-12-05, 11:49

I don't believe this. If it had your full attention you would have realized by now
that 6 second reloads are bull. If you wish to balance the game in this manner,
please please go back to the old system while you work on rebalancing and then
bring it back with 2.2.

Honestly though, 6 months is pretty far off for most of us, Id rather you did like
an evol2.1.5 in 3 months from now. Smaller, but more frequent, patches give us
a sence that something is going on.

Hell-demon
17-12-05, 12:07
Why can't you got back to giving us small patches over the next 6 months. To not patch this game for 6 months is pretty bad. Patches are what keep people interested o_O

jini
17-12-05, 12:19

You are NOT on a good path with the current solution. We need more action firing. For every x secs of firing we reload x/2. The inactivity period is too much. Monks fire w/o reloading times, same as melees and droners. Dont you feel an injustice here? In this game who do we encourage? The skilled one using wepons or the unskilled ones using farts to fire? Is this N.M.E or M.E ???

Nidhogg
17-12-05, 13:49
Why can't you got back to giving us small patches over the next 6 months. To not patch this game for 6 months is pretty bad. Patches are what keep people interested o_O
There will be patches between now and then, we're just saying that we'll also be delivering another major evolution in 6 months.

N

pabz
17-12-05, 13:52

do that please.... :angel:

Dribble Joy
17-12-05, 15:40
What was the exploit again?
That you could relaod, swap out and ignore the reload time.

Old system was working fine.
It's not just a number or yet another equation to solve DJ. In other words, the more you extend reload time therefore dmg output per bullet, the more accurate you need be in hitting targets. I wonder how come you dont mind the new system, since as you claim you were never exactly the aim god...
Whether I am the aim god or not is not the point, things need to be balanced on dmg/time, skill is irrelevant.

I will try timing my FL and dissie in terms or firing/reloading and be back. Emptying a magazine in 1 sec and reloading in 6 is not exactly a way to add to gameplay. And particularly not when you have to deal with easy to aim no reload moks...
Yes, I prefer the old system and I would prefer the weapons to have much shorter reload times, but that's not really going to happen, so we are going to need to work with wht we are likely to have in the long run.

jini
17-12-05, 15:54
First of all, lets separate "old System" and The "exploit", so we all know whre we are reffering to.
The "exploit" was wrong, unfair and I, at least never implemented it in a duel/op war/pvp anywhere. This is gone after the coming patch and this is right.
When I say "old System" I mean the old ratio of fire/reloading times, or, something like 5 to 1, otherwise what is in effect right now is, that you fire for 5 secs, and then go drink a cup of tea. If you also agree to this, say it and leave the rest to kk. At least we wont give them the wrong signals

Bugs Gunny
17-12-05, 18:16
Heh, i'm gonna see what else is out there that can catch my interest.

KK is NOT going to fix the reload problem but just change a few lines of code for nothing.
Sure changing magazine sizes to 3* the size will get us close to ballance again, but hey... ever seen people emty 120 rounds of slasher into someone without a reload?
It'll create another unballance in favor of reloaders, besides how long will it take? 6 months? someday?
They'll NEVER fix monks, the years of complaints about the parashock and ppu have shown that.

I will be one of the many that will turn their backs on this game in the next few weeks.

LTA
17-12-05, 19:05
They'll NEVER fix monks, the years of complaints about the parashock and ppu have shown that.

Because monks are always being nerfed apparently.... even if they still manage to be the best class going ...

Asurmen Spec Op
17-12-05, 20:02

Can some one at kk explain to me who thought that anyone would care about this?
You
did
nothing
to
fix
anything.

Tratos
17-12-05, 20:03
Shouldn't this be on the Launcher and the Homepage since its important and not everyone checks the forums? the news of the free time extension should have been aswell tbh.

Yes i know the free time is on the homepage

Asurmen Spec Op
17-12-05, 20:04
Shouldn't this be on the Launcher and the Homepage since its important and not everyone checks the forums? the news of the free time extension should have been aswell tbh.
the only important part I see of it is

wich means that click2pay wont be sending me spam emails anymore hopefully woooooooo

Tratos
17-12-05, 20:05
The removal of Click2Pay - or a much better alternative will be very welcome tbh.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-12-05, 20:06
The removal of Click2Pay - or a much better alternative will be very welcome tbh.
Maybe I would finally beable to use higher then 1month payment rates!!!
because click2pay thinks 6months = 2-5months

Can some one from KK please tell me(not holding my breath here)
Why do you think your reload "fix" fixes anything?
and more importantly
DO YOU PEOPLE PLAY NEOCRON!?

Vampire222
17-12-05, 20:53
KK so needs to focus on fixing the balance in NC, and fixing bugs, i went into Regant's yesterday (supposed to be a hard dungeon), i ran straight to the boss, without even having to heal more than once!! The mobs there do damage in such a weird ass way, and theres so many safespots, the ai is shite, wtf is the purpose of the place, useless eyecandy? You'll attract new ppl wit screenshots of it ye, but they'll cancel their account as soon as they actually spend 15 minutes walking to it, and discover only thing it does is look good, we don't want a Paris Hilton MMORPG!

Tratos
17-12-05, 20:58
But Paris Hilton is a minger.

Anyway i think the regants mobs are being fixed in the "Christmas Patch" i believe the fluffeh bunneh hinted they would be fixed next patch so i assume the crimbo patch is that.

I agree that there needs to be a lot of balance done.

Heavyporker
17-12-05, 20:59
Okay, tried to read most of the thread.

It seems people are pretty damn unhappy.

- I support giving monks an psi-booster injecting animation

- I want to point out we probably still have the mis-cast problem that hurt us a LOT when it really started hitting, back in the summer. Crahn, it's been too long.

- Why not just bring back the 'large clip' weaponmod, where you can slam in 2 clips at a time?

- Bring back sniper-mod, but make it hellishly difficult, like making only level 3 DoY tunnel mobs drop it?

- Sniper-mod ammo one-time-use blueprints would have to be retrieved from Phoenix DNS, I bet! How about that?

Asurmen Spec Op
17-12-05, 21:01
Okay, tried to read most of the thread.

It seems people are pretty damn unhappy.

- I support giving monks an psi-booster injecting animation

- I want to point out we probably still have the mis-cast problem that hurt us a LOT when it really started hitting, back in the summer. Crahn, it's been too long.

- Why not just bring back the 'large clip' weaponmod, where you can slam in 2 clips at a time?

- Bring back sniper-mod, but make it hellishly difficult, like making only level 3 DoY tunnel mobs drop it?

- Sniper-mod ammo one-time-use blueprints would have to be retrieved from Phoenix DNS, I bet! How about that?
or, so they dont add more broken features.
Remove the reload time

sultana
17-12-05, 23:21
It's fixed, just bugged. If anything you have can even runcast even more now.

Because monks are always being nerfed apparently.... even if they still manage to be the best class going ...
Monks haven't been nerfed in ages. I think the last change that happened to them was the removal of the 5% apu/ppu malus (which was originally 35%) and at the same time, the reqs on the apu/ppu requirments on mid-level/blessed spells were increased.

LTA
18-12-05, 00:53
It's fixed, just bugged. If anything you have can even runcast even more now.

Monks haven't been nerfed in ages. I think the last change that happened to them was the removal of the 5% apu/ppu malus (which was originally 35%) and at the same time, the reqs on the apu/ppu requirments on mid-level/blessed spells were increased.

thought it was removal of the top sanctums (of which i thought anti poison should've stayed but bleh)

sultana
18-12-05, 06:13
thought it was removal of the top sanctums (of which i thought anti poison should've stayed but bleh)
Ah well true, I figure antipoison was removed cause it made DoT poison caving, well, stupidly easy.

But any ppu whos played for a bit didn't need neither of those spells. At the same time the spirit SH was removed, so I guess that's a small "ppu" boost (of sorts).

Vampire222
18-12-05, 12:15
dot poison caving is easy as fuck anyway, id love to see hcs return, actually makes op wars speedyer (not much parawhoring).

Logan_storm_03
18-12-05, 15:37
sounds cool, 6 months is a long time, but i dont mind really, It will fly by. Remember how long we where waiting for nc2.

Zeninja
18-12-05, 21:07
If they re-introduced catharsis sanctum now, then I'd come with my ppu in OPs and I'd cast it permanently to make battles more funny (and so-called "skilled") for everyone.

About high sanctums in general, some of us are suspecting KK to have temporarly removed it so as to turn it into Woc spells in a near future.

.Cyl0n
18-12-05, 21:40
If you would bring back cath sanctums some ppus will be nearly unkillable with the current situation...

Vampire222
18-12-05, 22:08
If you would bring back cath sanctums some ppus will be nearly unkillable with the current situation...

untrue, can still shit shelter em...

Zeninja
19-12-05, 00:26
untrue, can still shit shelter em...
Anyway, Cyl0n is saying that ppus shouldn't be able to use a catharsis sanctum, because he wouldn't be able to para/db them anymore.

What does he need to para/db them again ? That's right, another ppu :lol:

IceStorm
19-12-05, 02:26
The reload time subject is an important problem and has our full attention.Choose your words more carefully.

What you probably mean to say is that, "The reload time subject is an important problem and now has our full attention."

If the reload problem really had your full attention, you wouldn't have implemented the Evo 2.1 reload changes in the first place because you would have known it would piss off the non-melee, non-monk population.

You need to stop making sweeping, game-altering changes, then going on vacation. This is the third year in a row KK has done this. When are you going to wise up?

IceStorm
19-12-05, 07:49
And while we're at it, would you mind pointing out what planfile or web page states that playershops were being dropped (http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1920788&postcount=12)?

It would have been nice to know that when it happened instead of after the fact in a forum post from a support rep...

jini
19-12-05, 07:56
Actually they never said they would suspend player shops. Just nidhogg said at some point that they are very hard to implement, and some whistlers as usual said they will never make it. It's like we are having a problem without a solution. It will be a first lol :D. Instead of kkilling the game while playing with fire (reload guns) they would have just solve the player/distribution system... but no

Bugs Gunny
19-12-05, 10:30
[ edited ]

calim
19-12-05, 12:01
I have to say that a lot of work has been done on 2.1. I'm ok with that.
For a great number of feature, i have the feeling you have listened to us.

But... Yesterday, we leveled in team with vhc... i can't remember the number of crashes with had ... because really a lot. We doesn't count vhc's bugs anymore .... The game is still eating so much memory by the time too ....
Do i have to repeat things about crash-then-killed at syncs, etc ?

I ask you KK, friendly because i like the game and think you have the potential, to do something with that old shit bugs which indisputably lead down the game.
You may also INFORM, a lot more and more about what you DO, that the basis of the commercial sector.

Thank you !

Nidhogg
19-12-05, 12:02
Flaming and trolling is not permitted on this board, irrespective of motive.

N

Bugs Gunny
19-12-05, 12:10
The problem with you people is that PROVEN facts are trolling and flaming to you.
Instead of listening to opinions there is a general tendency to shut people up and make the forums closed to external viewing.

Well, i wish you all the best of luck with your game. You'll need it.

Nidhogg
19-12-05, 12:32
The problem with you people is that PROVEN facts are trolling and flaming to you.
Instead of listening to opinions there is a general tendency to shut people up and make the forums closed to external viewing.

Well, i wish you all the best of luck with your game. You'll need it.
I don't call the insults you delivered "PROVEN facts". I call them insults and they're not permitted. Also, considering this thread (which is by far the most contentious thread we've had in a long time) is in a public forum your criticism that we're closing it to external viewing holds about as much water as an alcoholic's whisky glass. Now if you want to justify your behaviour any further please do so by PM.

N

/edit - I can see that you're replying to this thread. Consider my last comment above before doing so.

calim
19-12-05, 12:55
Nidhogg, the fact you answer to this thread ( and moderate my signature ) relieve me... It means our posts are red. As i said in my previous post, I think community needs more returns from NC's team, bads or goods news, but simply news and answers to recurrents, urgents questions on this forum.

Thank you !

IceStorm
19-12-05, 13:46
Actually they never said they would suspend player shops. Just nidhogg said at some point that they are very hard to implement, and some whistlers as usual said they will never make it.Did you read the hyperlink I placed on the words in my post?

Odin, no longer a member of the fan community but a bona fide Reakktor employee, has stated that player shops were already dropped, and apparently not in the recent past.

Here's a more traditional hyperlink for you to read:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1920788&postcount=12

ZoVoS
19-12-05, 14:59
tbh i dont carase about player owned shops

look at heavy. he managed to run quite the succsessfull shop without an autimated prosses

p.s. @ nid =] nice comment about the water in a alcaholics whisky glass :D it made me smile

Destino
19-12-05, 15:48
I would to drop my 2 cents.
I 'm back from Nc1, after two years of inactivity. I was active on Nc1 for an year before going away. I was surprised, really, some months ago finding that some bugs from NC1 still rule. Crashing while looting, lag/delay on damage count... bad/bugged game mechanism that still are here. So i was really surprised seeing that kk focused their major content addition (evo 2.1) in graphics... i mean, what about a BIG revision of server code?
Btw, i'm not completely sure that planefile is good. The strenght of Neocron is the envolving pvp and FPS style. No matter of grapichs, the backgound, sci-fi or cyberpunk (call it as u want) are the best of NC, so focusing evo 2.1 and now 2.2 in grapichs adjustements are the wrong way, imho.
But i must admit that KK add more content since some months and may be they are starting to walk on the right path to have players back. I have reactivated my account and i guess i'll stay here to see what will happens in the near future.

On the reload subject, i think reload must be in, even if it need to adjust time and delay or things will not be balanced (i.e. apu), but hey, give a try to kk to show what they will do.

IceStorm
19-12-05, 16:19
look at heavy. he managed to run quite the succsessfull shop without an autimated prossesAnd that's all done with KK assistance, during hours KK is awake. I play during hours where people use the Help channel for conversations about sex and programming language help because there are no GMs in the game.

It's all well and good that Heavy happens to play when KK's around, or bends his schedule to KK's, but I don't and I'm not going to wreck my sleep schedule to do so.

They're a feature that is supposed to be added at some point in the future, or were until Odin let the cat out of the bag...

darkservent
19-12-05, 17:18
To be honest I dont see any good in upgrading graphics as many have said. What really needs to be done apart from balancing, for the next big release would be to implement the old Balance of Power system. This would finally take out the bordem of taking ops for no apparant true reason. This is where I think the game lacks after the bugs and balancing. Sometimes I just get soooo bored with the fighting it just really does me head in.

Also what the hell happened to the Accessories. Comeon if you had to do evo 2.1 with gfx updates you could have given the accs....

The prioraties need to be rethought now!!

Brammers
19-12-05, 17:24
Looking at planfile 4, there is some unfnished stuff - http://cp.neocron.com/index.php?id=109

Now on to what is being worked on: as we have learned to be cautious with announcements in the past, I can’t reveal too much about the changes to the engine. What I can tell you is that we’re working on improvements to areas like shadows, physics, collisions and player position updates. Updates about specific features will be released as their development finishes.

So what's happened to those items I've highlighted in bold. Also I can't find the old planfiles, as I want to see whats been said before.

As for what's coming in 2.2, I can't say I'm impressed.

Dribble Joy
20-12-05, 04:34
I thought there was a player posistion update recently?

ModeSix
20-12-05, 06:53
Chuck Norris can make it, since his roundhouse kick is considered as a weapon by military specialists.

But I don't, haven't ever, seen anyone in NC do a roundhouse kick... have you? ;)

Preach
20-12-05, 12:16
Player positions seem fine now, our melee tanks definately have beome more effective in 2.1, clipping is still a real problem especially in areas with various levels of terrain

RogerRamjet
20-12-05, 12:22
I get awful clipping at places like the GR hill at Gabanium. It usually means the person manages to escape to the GR :(

Brammers
20-12-05, 13:09
I get awful clipping at places like the GR hill at Gabanium. It usually means the person manages to escape to the GR :(

Yes same here, nearly had a monk who escaped via clipping a week ago. As for MC tanks, they seem the same as before NC2.1 - sometimes they can hit things, other times they can't hit jack-shit.

calim
20-12-05, 13:54
is the Xmas patch will be released this week ?

Riddle
20-12-05, 14:21
Player positions seem fine now, our melee tanks definately have beome more effective in 2.1, clipping is still a real problem especially in areas with various levels of terrain

Clipping round buildings, fences, trees, hiding in trees! the whole player position thing is an issue and no i can't hit shit with my melee tank although seems they have increased the hit distance slightly still eratic on damage.

Zeninja
20-12-05, 17:26
But I don't, haven't ever, seen anyone in NC do a roundhouse kick... have you? ;)
Actually, Psi Monks were initially introduced by KK to counter Chuck Norris who was totally unbalancing game. Since this measure had no significant results, KK decided to simply remove Roundhouse Kicking skill then turned it into "resist psi" skill.

When this came to Chuck's hears, he entered an insane rage, going berzerk into KK's headquarters decimating the original developper's team for reprisals... only MJS, who's the last survivor to know the exact location of Monks codelines in Neocron's sources, just got enough time to reach his Porsche 911 then flee from apocalypse.

Rumours state of a possible Chuck's return, that's why they changed reload time so as to insure Monk's supremacy.

Marx
20-12-05, 17:34
On September 12, 2003, a girl was born who could not feel pain named Alison Winters.

On March 10, 1940, a man was born who could not feel pain named Chuck Norris.

kurai
20-12-05, 18:08
On September 12, 2003, a girl was born who could not feel pain named Alison Winters.

On March 10, 1940, a man was born who could not feel pain named Chuck Norris.I feel pain ... every time I see another dismal straight-to-video Chuck Norris crapfest movie.

Tratos
21-12-05, 14:27
Out of interest is the 'Christmas Patch' due to his before (i.e. Tommorow as its the traditional patch day) or after crimbo?

Nidhogg
21-12-05, 14:28
Probably today.

N

Tratos
21-12-05, 14:40
Probably today.

N
Zomg, Cool! :)

I assume your quite confident with that statement since the community tends to get edgy if nothing shows up, lol.

I look forward to it - after i get home from an exam, bah.

Demental
21-12-05, 15:24
Probably today.

N

Would be nice to see the effects of this patch before the free time is up. So I can make my decision on whether or not to subscribe again ;)

Heavyporker
21-12-05, 17:50
And that's all done with KK assistance, during hours KK is awake. I play during hours where people use the Help channel for conversations about sex and programming language help because there are no GMs in the game.

It's all well and good that Heavy happens to play when KK's around, or bends his schedule to KK's, but I don't and I'm not going to wreck my sleep schedule to do so.

They're a feature that is supposed to be added at some point in the future, or were until Odin let the cat out of the bag...

What the hell do you mean, I play when KK's around or my schedule bends to KK's?!

I built my shop absolutely without KK's/GM assistance. All of the furnishings were from the furniture store. I placed them without GM assistance - all the positionings are possible by any other player with an object removal tool.

All of my wares were gathered/built by me and other players. My store hours were when I was able to play, not by some arbitrary schedule set by KK.

And I wasn't the only shopkeeper. I inspired quite a few others to set up their own stores.

Please, get much more familiar with what you're talking about before you up and pontificate about it!

ZoVoS
22-12-05, 00:05
bla bla blaaaaa bla blablabla bla

come back u bastard

*crys* i dont like people... i much prefer peddeling my stuf to you to sell on at a marked up price

(my 4X4 blew up... i need a new one damit)

Heavyporker
22-12-05, 04:02
get me a new computer that can run Neocron 2.1, then, even if it's a $150 knocker.

The one at home is hopeless with *ANY* graphics-entensive or sound-requiring program.

It's either the cards or the drivers, but most likely it's the hard driveand Windows Xp simply refuses to let me fix the software aspect.

Even reinstalling Neocron repeatedly does nothing and only gives me corrupted files.

ZoVoS
22-12-05, 05:09
what specs are u on at the moment

elGringo
22-12-05, 07:41
Dunno whats pissing you guys off to this extend ... glad I read the planfile before taking notice of this thread ...I would've been scared :eek: :D

Reads good to me.. a lot of the community issues are being noted and put on the dev-track for the mid-term future... and I'm sure we'll get some nice stuff inbetween as well. Concerning the new storyline guy... I'd say I already noticed the magazines pace taken up to a new level ...guess it helps that I havent had any access to me neocrack over the past 2 weeks ... but so far I have to say things are looking good KK'wise :)

scarshapedstar
22-12-05, 14:33
I'm not impressed. There are more important matters at hand than models....

Though I guess it's good that the graphic artists get at least some work to do.

Reality bites.

NC needs new blood, especially casual players. I wonder how many people decide to quit as soon as they see the horrendous Doom 2 launcher cyclops? Scratch that, a freaking sewer rat is probably where 10% of people laugh and hit alt-f4. Silly as it may seem, graphics are the #1 albatross around NC's neck. If the weapon models are any indication, NC's visuals will go from "dated piece of crap" to "omg awesome". And it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint.

Now if they can just fix the comparatively trivial gameplay issues in the intervening 6 months...

Tarn
23-12-05, 01:54
let me just say that you punks are god damn lucky i reactivated my account for 3 months before i read this reload bull. :mad:

Nidhogg
23-12-05, 01:56
let me just say that you punks are god damn lucky i reactivated my account for 3 months before i read this reload bull. :mad:
Keep reading, and chill. ;)

N

Ryen
23-12-05, 03:12

Yeah man those fucking punks tearing up my lawn and raping my dog god DAMN THEM :mad:

Oh wait, are we still talking about a problem that has been fixed?

Tarn
23-12-05, 07:01
hmmm i duno im just mad cuz monks are too good now. like majorly.

Ryen
23-12-05, 07:11
hmmm i duno im just mad cuz monks are too good now. like majorly.

They already fixed it by the time your post was made. You were complaining about an issue that didn't exist.

Tarn
23-12-05, 16:28
wtf r u talking about? reload is still gay becuase i have to reload about 5 times before i get one most of the time. and monks can target some1 and shoot them thru the wall and all that shit and they dont gota reload like all gun useing people. its gay becuase they are more over powerd than before. seeing we cant reload as fast now.

[edit] - ryen uninstall

xyl_az
23-12-05, 16:29
They already fixed it by the time your post was made. You were complaining about an issue that didn't exist.

The issue still exist, monks are still overpowered, reload is still *huge* disadvantage in pvp and against monks it STILL does guarantee (well almost) that a monk will win.

Tarn
23-12-05, 16:31
The issue still exist, monks are still overpowered, reload is still *huge* disadvantage in pvp and against monks it STILL does guarantee (well almost) that a monk will win.

Thank you very much my friend.

jj dynomite
23-12-05, 20:21

Are you suggesting that a reload not occur at all?

Remember...KK is working on this issue. I'm sure they are throwing around ideas about balancing the classes that don't piss the community off like hardcore (anybody remember the hybrid nerf from NC1?).

Tarn
23-12-05, 21:14
Are you suggesting that a reload not occur at all?

Im pretty sure he ment the current reload.

Torg
24-12-05, 00:54
uhm. reload has got a fix. now apply one to ppus. please.

fjutte
25-12-05, 16:21
The HUD

Please do something about the hud! Give us the ability to change color and maybe looks of the hud with a nice GUI.

The CHAT

set HELP as default channel
two chatwindows would be great
left-clicking a name for direct messaging - even when clicking names in the chatwindow
right-clicking a name in chat adds to buddylist

About this Evolution thing. I red you're planning on hotting up the vehicles? That's awesome! Been waiting for that since NC 1 - but please, I beg on my knees - give us more

clothes - lots and in different colors
hair in many different colors and cuts - Yvette want blond braids like Princess Leias or pink hair like the sweet girls in PP ;)
worn kevlar/armour should be visible to other players - maybe customized colors here too would be nice so you get your own personal setup of colors

Open up shops in Plaza, TH, MB and DOY where you can get a haircut/color your hair, paint your armourparts (or sell different colors at vendors) so everyone can feel that their char is truly their and doesn't look like all the other citizens. Maybe a shabby hairstylist could open his shop at El Farid or other places too?

And no, I dont want everything to look like WoW - that's just too much for me eyes to handle. Remember - I got bored of WoW and returned to NC just 2 weeks ago and I don't want NC to look cute/sweet/whatever. I just want a custom setup - dirty/dark/futuristic as now, but with a few changes.

A personal setup of clothes, shoes, haircut/color and HUD makes the game more fun, doesn't it? The weapons look great with this new evolution 2.1 - keep on working and the noobs will swarm all over the place ;)

Oh and one other thing I really miss - transfering money in cubes. But make it bigger, open banks in NC, DOY, MB, TH, independent OP's etc where you can deposit/withdraw money and transfer to your other chars without being ripped off by other runners lying - you can't trust most of them.

Toilet-Duck
25-12-05, 16:40
The HUD

Please do something about the hud! Give us the ability to change color and maybe looks of the hud with a nice GUI.

The CHAT

set HELP as default channel
two chatwindows would be great
left-clicking a name for direct messaging - even when clicking names in the chatwindow
right-clicking a name in chat adds to buddylist

About this Evolution thing. I red you're planning on hotting up the vehicles? That's awesome! Been waiting for that since NC 1 - but please, I beg on my knees - give us more

clothes - lots and in different colors
hair in many different colors and cuts - Yvette want blond braids like Princess Leias or pink hair like the sweet girls in PP ;)
worn kevlar/armour should be visible to other players - maybe customized colors here too would be nice so you get your own personal setup of colors

Open up shops in Plaza, TH, MB and DOY where you can get a haircut/color your hair, paint your armourparts (or sell different colors at vendors) so everyone can feel that their char is truly their and doesn't look like all the other citizens. Maybe a shabby hairstylist could open his shop at El Farid or other places too?

And no, I dont want everything to look like WoW - that's just too much for me eyes to handle. Remember - I got bored of WoW and returned to NC just 2 weeks ago and I don't want NC to look cute/sweet/whatever. I just want a custom setup - dirty/dark/futuristic as now, but with a few changes.

A personal setup of clothes, shoes, haircut/color and HUD makes the game more fun, doesn't it? The weapons look great with this new evolution 2.1 - keep on working and the noobs will swarm all over the place ;)

Oh and one other thing I really miss - transfering money in cubes. But make it bigger, open banks in NC, DOY, MB, TH, independent OP's etc where you can deposit/withdraw money and transfer to your other chars without being ripped off by other runners lying - you can't trust most of them.

Foo
04-01-06, 02:46
So when are you guys (KK) gonna get of your arses and sort a decent TRUSTWORTHY alternative payment method ?

I mean ffs , i wouldnt even mind if i had to send YOU guys the cash direct to your office . Cause c2p and pbc just seem like the biggest 2bob companys to be involoved in any MMO to date.

nobby
04-01-06, 07:28
Indeed.

Hurry the Fuck Up KK and tell us when and what you're doing!

ThrillHousE
04-01-06, 10:59
So when are you guys (KK) gonna get of your arses and sort a decent TRUSTWORTHY alternative payment method ?

I mean ffs , i wouldnt even mind if i had to send YOU guys the cash direct to your office . Cause c2p and pbc just seem like the biggest 2bob companys to be involoved in any MMO to date.

get a credit card!

Foo
04-01-06, 12:02
get a credit card!

.....i have a CC , how u think i been playing for now , but i WILL NOT give click2shit my new cc details. Im gonna give pbc a try , but KK said they was implementing a new payment method , lets hope it doesnt get added to the To Do list.

Tratos
04-01-06, 13:22
Would be nice to see a new years update....

Instead of posting only a few big updates we are delivering smaller news in a regular basis.
Even if its just, we're back into the swing of things after the holiday season and in the coming days we will be launching ourselves into the development of Neocron 2.2 and addressing some of the current problems (Like Regants seeminly 'bugged' status) in the next couple of weeks.

Also....

The most important and biggest goal for this Add-on will be a complete revamp of the player models and all human NPC's. We aim to raise their level to the quality of the new weapon models. Important will be to embed the new models in style, detail and texture in the Neocron atmosphere in a better way.
I assume there will be some sort of concept stage for the new character models instead of the artists just playing with their various programs for a bit to create the new models. As the style and cleanlyness of the current new models is a huge point friction in the community could we actualy help the prevention of this by seeing some sort of concept stage and giving community input to deliver in 6 months time something the community will like?

And finally, is it possible for the community to have any input into this Evolution at all? as it was asked a few months ago about skinning competitions, it seems to me that this is a great chance to have one and get some player skins into the game to increase the choice in addition to the developer made skins.

unreal
04-01-06, 22:36
It seems like Reakktor don't want to put half the communities ideas into play, along with the skills (like creating player models and such) that are offered. All the ideas that are come up with really seem to get ignored, and Reakktor plow along with various things that either fuck up gameplay, have a completely non-linear chapter in the storyline (if there is an actual storyline the average person is aware of in this game, i'm sure as hell not sure about the relations between the factions, I only know there's some sort of rivalry between factions like Biotech and Tangent, but that's because i've been a loyal TT runner since I started playing nc2 beta... the stories behind the weapons; they all seem to be extremely long descriptions that just make me instantly forget it all an hour later... and all sorts of things).

It always feels like Reakktor are just out to get our cash, without putting in the effort apart from keeping the server running, and having forum and game moderators that don't really have much power there, to well, moderate, and not much else (not trying to have a go at the GM's there, I know you usually do the best you can).

The last official auction was months and months and months ago. Regular events and activies (no matter how simple they may be) keep the population going. Evol 2.1 was a pretty big flop thanks to major fuckups and things not being done properly. The most funny of those being that the largely advertised christmas event was fucked up and the deadline for answers had to be extended into the new year. Just don't hurry everything on the last minute. Make changes and add new things, TEST them in every way you can think of, then get someone else to do exactly the same. Double if not triple check everything instead of hoping a garbled piece of crap will work without problems. Oh yeah, make sure the person testing things actually plays the game, and understands how the classes and PvP are at the present time; this must obviously count out the development team or the people saying "oh, let's make conventional weapons have a huge reload time, and leave monks as they are".

The servers are back to being completely dead in the early hours, most definitely because of the whole payment issue. People don't want to pay through a scamming arse up of a company called Click2Pay, and for most people (like myself) PayByCash is even more inconvenient, more hassle, and depending on the type of method you choose with PayByCash, more expensive. PayPal or some other hugely reliable service is the way to go, and the community is continually saying it, but nothing is ever listened to.

I love neocron and what it stands for, but if things keep being naffed about the fanbase will continue to die, and people like me who still play because the game is so addictive yet so fucking annoying when bugs smack you in the face will end up leaving. I really think that most of neocrons players will start playing Twilight Wars when it gets released. It's seems to be like neocron, but with better graphics, a better engine (source), most certainly better netcode, and probably a more cooperative development team.

PS. I just got a text message off my sister saying one of her cats got it's back legs ran over about 20mins ago, so I won't even mention the rest of what I was going to say.

Tratos
04-01-06, 22:59
I really think that most of neocrons players will start playing Twilight Wars when it gets released. It's seems to be like neocron, but with better graphics, a better engine (source), most certainly better netcode, and probably a more cooperative development team.

I think you just jynxed TW, lol http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1931630#

Good points though although KK seems to be listening to the community a bit more there is still allot the community could do for them.

unreal
05-01-06, 03:44
heh, oh well. :mad:

Bugs Gunny
05-01-06, 14:28
I think unreal made some very good points there.
When i first entered regants i was having doubts as to the "testing" they did to patches.

Then when the ammo for the genotoxic pistols made the guns disappear when loading them i knew for sure that they just don't test at all.
They probably test small portions of coding, but never an entire patch.

The sad thing is that with a 14 day free trial for returning players you only get so many shots to do it. First attempt was a major disappointment.

A game to look out for may be age of conan.

unreal
05-01-06, 15:29
I was gonna make a positive reply about Age of Conan and a couple other MMORPG's but I don't think that's the best thing to do in the planfile #5 thread. :P It'll end up spiralling out of control with all the other posts about other games, so I think I'll go format my D partition and reinstall windows after I got spyware for doing absolutely nothing whatsoever. Neocron fatal'd and next minute I know, I have a large piece of garbage full of gambling adverts, and find I have password stealing trojans and whatnot plaguing my install. On the brighter side of things, I just ate a jam doughnut. :)

Nidhogg
05-01-06, 15:35
Yes, please restrict comments in this thread to the planfile itself. Thanks.

N

l8m0n
05-01-06, 15:41
lol @ unreal
The planfile does look good even if they only do one thing change to paypal or something :wtf: One thing that would be good to bring in for 2.2 would be the test server, i know its been said but it was so good, could test it before it was ingame and sort out the bugs and shit before they put it in, if they only do it and limit it to a few select people that would be better than nothing. I know they prob wont do it but theres no harm in asking and pointing out what the fan base wants ;)

Bugs Gunny
05-01-06, 15:45
Beside the graphical stuff we will put more effort in adjustments of gaming systems like the outpost system, the opponent KI or balancing questions. Of course we will also work on the engine to add more features and increase the performance and stability.

I'm curious as to what that may be.

As for the graphics enhancements i have the fullest confidence in that departement.

Kame
11-01-06, 06:46
Well, lemme summerize this :

monks no reticule
drone no reticule
melee no reticule

shit why do we have reticules on gunz ??

I SAY TAKE THE RETICULE OFF !!

On a more personal note, when i joined this game 1 yr and some more ago i made a PE, pistol.
Then a Tank, HC.
Then a spy, rifle.

The thing that brought me to this game was the GUNZ aspect, the variety of them, theyre looks, concepts, and so on.

Now we have even better looking guns, but even more pathetic when compared to the PSI.

PSI has a too big impact on the game.

giga191
11-01-06, 12:19
PSI has a too big impact on the game. too true. if spies weren't there then it would not affect the game at all

Kame
12-01-06, 09:41
I just went on the new web site.

NICE.

I also noticed u guys sell neocron gear AND, you even sell a NC THONG :p

Your new ad for 2.2 MUST include girls in neocron thong somehwere !!

COME ON !!

naphead
07-03-06, 19:41
Just cause I don't know any better, but have we received a Patch since the Xmas Patch?

Tratos
07-03-06, 19:44
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=131040

The hotfix after it.

Theres a patch and a content pack in the works i do believe but we've heard nothing more than that - the bug fix patch was being tested in the last update we recieved.

naphead
08-03-06, 15:47
Thank you for correcting me Tratos. I have a quick question. I quit playing NC2 just before NC2.1 was released for personal reasons. The game was still real fresh in my mind. I came back about a month ago to the current system. I understand that the DEV's are trying to make re-loading a weapon more "realistic" but has anyone else noticed that if your in 3rd person view and your Char goes thru the motions of a re-load by the time he's done your still waiting for the clip to pop in your gun?

Tratos I check your link to the hotfix and C0Di stated that the re-load has been fixed twice. Was my complaint fixed and it's just me or is it still broken? If it's me? What do I do to correct this?

Maybe it's just me.

Bugs Gunny
08-03-06, 16:06
Someone at KK thought it was more realistic to give the allready at a disadvantage to apu bulletusers a reload.

It was at least 6 seconds and you used to be stuck in it too (not switching to heal or stealth) before the "fix".

Right now it's close to 2.5 seconds, but it's still been a massive nerf to low shots per clip using players like for instance plasma cannon users.

However there will be a major reballancing which we all eagerly await.

naphead
08-03-06, 18:40
Yea, it really sucks as I've been training my PE with a friend in Team and others. The friend is a Melee/Tank and APU's and PPU's because they don't have to reload their weapon I rarely get credit for the kill. 7/10 times my mission fails because I don't do enough dmg compaired to the others. (**Using Wasteland Eagle fighting Launchers**). The person(s) I train with are around the same /31 - /36 rank as I am and do almost 3x's the damage I do to any mob. Kinda stinks tbh, but EVERYONE already knows that I'm just joining in a bit late :(

Dribble Joy
08-03-06, 22:55
Even if you didn't have the reload issue, you'd still not get the kills, kills are done on dmg dealt and as melee/apu/hc is a higher offence, lower defence weapon system, the rate of dmg done to mobs will be higher regardless.

Spermy
09-03-06, 00:20
However there will be a major reballancing which we all eagerly await.

And await... and await...

and er, we're still waiting.

Players on test server testing ideas out = Win.

Dribble Joy
09-03-06, 02:41
Rebalancing will take ages, as it's been done from the ground up everything needs to be changed. As such, there won't be anything to even start testing on for a while yet.

Dirus
09-03-06, 03:46
And await... and await...

and er, we're still waiting.

Players on test server testing ideas out = Win.

Blame me for half the delays if you wish. Basicaly it's largely due to the fact that I live 6hrs behind the rest of the team I'm either asleep or at work while the guys in the office do what they can. At the end of their day they send me an update, I do what I can from there after I get off work, and send it back for them to work with. We'd most likely be alot further ahead if this wasn't the case, but it's what we have to deal with :/

Zheo
09-03-06, 08:40
Blame me for half the delays if you wish. Basicaly it's largely due to the fact that I live 6hrs behind the rest of the team I'm either asleep or at work

HOW DARE YOU EAT SLEEP OR WORK!... haha kidding, some people need to learn some patience I'll be far happier if you do the work well than if you do it quickly.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing right.

NcdJustin
09-03-06, 08:51
This little comic reminded me of what's going on here...