PDA

View Full Version : Unlooted mob decay. Attn:Devs

Richard Blade
16-12-05, 00:53
I was out hunting firemobs this morning. Killed three, looted two because the third one to die only stayed for about 15 - 20 seconds.

Now, this could be looked at as a great way to cause people to level longer, stay poor longer, and not get so many tech parts for rares. But, I think it's more like a bug.

If you loot the mob before it fades away, it then usually sticks around for three or four minutes.

Wouldn't it be better to have unlooted mobs stick around for three or four minutes and looted(partially looted) mobs vanish 15 to 20 seconds after you close the loot window with them?

I can't prove it, but if you right click a hackable mob, someone else with higher hack can then hack and take it. If you don't right click it, it will fade before the hack is done. Again, I haven't tried this with hackable mobs since the patch so I can't prove it right now.

But, the firemobs are messed up for corpse decay.

Any way to fix this KK?

Regards,
RB

Toxen
16-12-05, 02:28
Thats how it was pre evo, looks like another set of values got switched, just like the regeants mobs damage and time for poison stacks, it lasts hours but does 0-1 damage

J J
16-12-05, 02:35
In game time didn't hit 00:00 did it Richard? Because all dead mobs instantly vanish at this time. Frustrating I know but once you know you just avoid killing mobs between 23:50 and 00:01.

nobody2004
16-12-05, 02:39
The other day I hunt WB's.

Managed to damage 3 of them enough to kill them at the same time.

Didn't had time to run to hack the first one, all three of them vanished :confused:

Then I kill an other one.
Hack it, to discover at the end of my hack that it had allready vanished o_O

PS: Didn't get one single rare in over 20 WB's
(I know, they're called "rare" ...)

Richard Blade
16-12-05, 03:27
In game time didn't hit 00:00 did it Richard? Because all dead mobs instantly vanish at this time. Frustrating I know but once you know you just avoid killing mobs between 23:50 and 00:01.

Nope, these fade into the ground, other mobs still running around. I've had this happen in the past. It usually results in all mobs vanishing for a second. Dead ones gone, live / damaged ones come back. Among other things that happen.
Thrice checked the clock, not the devlish bewitching hour.

I should have mentioned that in the first post.

Thanks,
RB