PDA

View Full Version : How do I get faction symp for other factions

Secret Agent
15-12-05, 22:27
Hello,

I've been away some time, but I am back now to give it a new try. I want to change faction, but what is the fastest way to gain FS for the faction you want to move to?

Secret Agent

Fuente
15-12-05, 22:29
Lol, same question here...

Eckhart
15-12-05, 22:33
Wait for the patch which will be introducing symp missions.

Broart
15-12-05, 22:35
Wait for the patch which will be introducing symp missions.Good! When will the patching day be?

Eddie
15-12-05, 22:44
Wait for the patch which will be introducing symp missions.

Where did you read that?

From what I've read, they will be introducing a mission which lets you change between city and DoY...?

Is there something I missed?

Eddie

n3m
15-12-05, 22:46
The changes that were applied to the soullight and faction-sympathy systems have made changing to hostile factions more difficult, in order to reduce the so-called "Faction Hopping". This primarily concerns players with high amounts of negative sympathy. In order to allow alliance and faction changes in such a case, new high-level missions will be implemented - allowing players to gain a little sympathy for other factions - despite having a negative sympathy.
*lenghtening it by 5 characters*

CMaster
15-12-05, 22:47
Do missions for said faction...

Superbron
15-12-05, 22:51
There is a NPC in TH which lets you change faction for 500k without the required FS. Only one change for every char allowed though.

Eckhart
15-12-05, 22:56
Where did you read that?

From what I've read, they will be introducing a mission which lets you change between city and DoY...?

Is there something I missed?

Eddie
Around here somewhere, I'll try to dig up the quote.

Eddie
15-12-05, 22:59
Cheers n3m - that is quite an appropriate quote for my point as it refers to a mission to change to hostile factions - i.e. from city to DoY or vice versa.

I don't know whether or not that is the question the thread starter meant, but I certainly would like to know an easier way to change to neutral/allied factions than to just do boringly repetitive missions.

Eddie

n3m
15-12-05, 23:05
Only way is to kill enemy runners.
So instead of exploiting of npcs you, it moved on to gr camping ;D

Eckhart
15-12-05, 23:20
Found it.

The symp missions are on test now and, barring any last minute problems, will be in the patch to be released next week.

N

Zeninja
15-12-05, 23:27
If your FS to the faction you're looking for is negative, you'll have to wait for it to rise automatically up to 10.

Either playing, or logging your char while you're sleeping (or anything else).

I made it for one of my char, his FS rose from -35 to 10 in, let's says 3 or 4 nights. Then I did missions. We're still far away from preventing quick "faction hoping" like they say.

Anyway, if you really can't wait, talk to the dedicated NPC (but remember you can only do it once).