PDA

View Full Version : Special Ammo

Hutton
15-12-05, 21:39
How does this stuff work exactly?

I had a wasteland eagle pistol that I've chambered to fire depleted uranium ammo.

When I fire regular 9mm ammo [Piercing (35)] from this pistol, it does about 100 points of damage.

When I fire 9mm depleted uranium ammo [Piercing (35), X-Ray (25)] from the same pistol, it does about 20 points, plus another 15-20 over time.

Based on their stats, shouldn't the depleted uranium ammo do at least as much piercing damage as regular ammo, plus a little extra to mobs that aren't immune to X-Rays?

What am I missing?

Riddle
16-12-05, 12:15
OK i'm no expert and a bit battered from a heavy night :D but here we go.

What mob are you shooting in this test?
Each mob has resists generally in the type of damage they do i.e. Warbot has Xray resist.
If i shoot it with an xray weapon it will do less damage than say fire.

The uranium, like phosphor are DOT ammo so you probably get a combined effect over time of damage greater then the normal clip which does all the damage up front.

Also the DOT effect is increased with more hits so lets say i do 20 damage then 5 on each tick, i shoot again and do 20 damage and 10 each tick and so on till it caps the tick amount.

Fuck someone explain this its to hard i'm off to bed :lol:

Hutton
16-12-05, 17:51
I understand that some mobs are resistant to X-Ray damage. But the description of 9mm depleted uranium ammo says it does just as much piercing damage as regular 9mm ammo, in addition to x-ray damage. I assume the piercing damage is all done up front, so that initial hit should do the same amount of damage as regular ammo, even against mutants, shouldn't it?

I've tested this on every mob type I can find: robots; insects; snakes; wolves; beggers etc... The damge of the initial shot is always between 16-23, even against mutants and aggressors. The ticks of the damage over time have been as high as 9, but are usually around 6, and look like they occur three times for each round I put into the target.

Regular ammo averages about 100 points a hit from this same pistol. This just doesn't seem right. Is there somthing else I don't understand, or should I file a help ticket?

CMaster
16-12-05, 17:56
I understand that some mobs are resistant to X-Ray damage. But the description of 9mm depleted uranium ammo says it does just as much piercing damage as regular 9mm ammo, in addition to x-ray damage. I assume the piercing damage is all done up front, so that initial hit should do the same amount of damage as regular ammo, even against mutants, shouldn't it?

Haha. Yeah, cos the numbers on ammo/weapon details actually MEAN anything. yeah right.

Basically, those numbers are useful for letting you know what types of damage are done, but they arent really accurate in any other way. Try doing a "show info" on you WE with the normal ammo loaded, and then the uranium ammo loaded. That will probably tell a different (and still inacurate) story again.

Hutton
16-12-05, 20:25
But that still doesn't explain why depleted uranium ammo does less than half as much damage as regular ammo against every mob I've been able to find. I can't beleive that that is the intention of the designers.

Are all mobs resistant to X-Ray damage? The only explanation I can think of is that depleted uranium ammo is intended to be soley useful for PvP combat.

xyl_az
17-12-05, 00:32
But that still doesn't explain why depleted uranium ammo does less than half as much damage as regular ammo against every mob I've been able to find. I can't beleive that that is the intention of the designers.

Are all mobs resistant to X-Ray damage? The only explanation I can think of is that depleted uranium ammo is intended to be soley useful for PvP combat.

yes, all mobs are resistant to x-ray (except firemobs maybe, not sure)

x-ray is mainly for pvp.

mechanical mobs (robots etc) are highly resistant to xray/poison, weak to fire (and energy?)

firemobs are highly resistant to fire and poison (weak to energy/xray?)

mutated mobs are highly resistant to xray and poison, weak to energy and fire

not sure about the swamp mobs, they are resistant to poison and weak to fire (dunno whats with the energy and xray dmg)

force/piercing is good against everything, though mechanical mobs seem to be resistant to force as well

Sgt. Pepper
17-12-05, 00:42
not sure about the swamp mobs, they are resistant to poison and weak to fire (dunno whats with the energy and xray dmg)

they same resists to fire, enrgy and xray

i tested it with a Judge and all availible ammo types. Allways the same damage.
the only thing i have not tested is the Novapacket wich is energy plus pierce.