PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and dragons online

Terayon
15-12-05, 09:17
DDO is having a stress test for a little while and giving out some beta keys also. Worth checking out here. (http://www.ddo.com/)

Its not going to be a pvp game probably but... might be fun to play with people you know.

Scaramanga
15-12-05, 15:05
I'm heavily scared of playing any mmorpg involving sword 'n' sorcery after WoW. If any who's played WoW gives DDO a go can you either PM me or post here if it's any good.

Bugs Gunny
15-12-05, 15:15
Woohoo!!! ELVES !!!! :angel:

Riddle
15-12-05, 15:18
NOooooooooooooooo after WOW never touching another elvish topic again

Nananine
15-12-05, 16:18
From what I heard from beta testers, DDO is pretty awkward to play.

Hell-demon
15-12-05, 17:54
I've never played an mmorpg that features elves and shit like that.

Gimme guns, drugs and strippers.

Clive tombstone
15-12-05, 18:50
Honestly, I enjoyed the game a lot, Had a warforged Charcter. and I thought the combat was somewhat Intuitive.

zii
15-12-05, 18:57
I'm with Hell all the way on this one.

Hell-demon
15-12-05, 19:00
No more elves :mad:

We got shit loads of fantasy games but hardly enough cyber punk style stuff.... :(

Clive tombstone
15-12-05, 19:03
I know I know, NC is still on the top of my list, Im just complimenting the game for how it approached combat and other featers in a MMORPG. Seeing how it takes combat in a differetn stance than normal turnbased games like WoW and EQ

Dade Murphey
15-12-05, 19:50
DDO is one game I've been looking forward to for a long time...and turbine is a really good company
eberon, funnily enough, would be the "cyber-punk" setting for dungeons and dragons...it's considered steam-punk =P
Unfortunately my work has ddo.com locked even durring our "open" hours...
nuts

msdong
17-12-05, 10:50
uhh, the game looks "not bad" but there are may small things i hate. all is so small and graybrown colored in the beginning.

btw, they should call it "Loading and Waiting Online"

ZoVoS
17-12-05, 14:14
i have a lvl 13 half elf paladin

wait a minuet half elfs cant be paladins

noooooooooooooooo

=] D&D 4tW,,, its just like neocron, i plan to run around on my rouge with a xbow killing wizzards

Dade Murphey
18-12-05, 22:43
I tried the open stress test...and I have to say I was rather impressed
It was fun and easier to get used to
for a beta it ran very smoothly
was good fun really

Judge
18-12-05, 23:02
Is the stress test over then?

I wanted to join in but I could not be fucked with having to download the client from fucking Fileplanet.

Terayon
18-12-05, 23:16
Ya i never actualy finished dloading the cleint either. Just talked to some friends who played it.

Im retarded and kept closing my opera window while it was downloading.

FarSight
18-12-05, 23:45
Yea ST is over .. was quite fun but game is focused on group nothing to solo ...

Kitty666
19-12-05, 00:31
Wonder how many of you liked us ladies who play female characters in thongs when we take our armor all off.

Judge
19-12-05, 01:28
*raises hand*

ZoVoS
19-12-05, 03:21
Wonder how many of you liked us ladies who play female characters in thongs when we take our armor all off.

thats what i have a woman for irl... if u need to get ur jollys online ur a sad bloke/woman...(i said bloke/woman because that wasnt aimed at u that was aimed at people in general. any retort to it would mean u consider your self to be one of them people, so dont go bitching about it because as i siad. that wasnt aimed at u) thats what real people are for...

ill stick with my flesh n blood women until pixel count is equal to that of atom count

Dade Murphey
21-12-05, 07:29
was quite fun but game is focused on group nothing to solo ...

Haha...yeah...kinda how table top d&d is set up...don't see too many solo games being run...
Got to hand it to the guy from turbine who are putting this game together...they said they'd keep it as close as possible to table top style as they could and they definately kept their word