PDA

View Full Version : new faction rules are crap

cRazy-
14-12-05, 19:03
This new neutral hostile and allied setup is getting annoying now when people are trying to level.

For starters since clans cant trust any other factions apart from allies, 99% of god damn GR's are locked, it also makes it worse when 80% of the map is pro-doy half the time.

next is the PK'ing, i cant trust anyone now, ive even seen allies attacking allies (which happened in a dungeon), even though im a PvP char i cant enjoy the game when theres a constant chance anyone around me, even allies might attack.

Plus for people who dont like constantly being ganked and/or killing everything in sight, it screws things up when your in a battlefield sector levelling for example and since im tangent i only have CA and DRE as allies, every other faction can easily PK me.

tbh all faction alliances have pretty much been destroyed, including neocron and DOY, even though the 2 cities are supposed to be against eachother, theres a civil war between the factions in each city, and since some sectors you can attack neutrals and some you cant, it just fucks everything up.

n3m
14-12-05, 19:18
Yea, I know what you mean. My monk has absolutely nothing. But he's too high level for a LE.
Getting pked in p2 trying to get some missions for money, because the guards and copbots are morons.
MB zoneline is constantly getting whored.
I got ganked by a CA in front of NEXT hq (im dre), just for no reason.

And its a bit hard to earn money to buy equipment, when you have no armor or any way of healing other than frizzy pops and warbot colas :p

vashtyphoon78
14-12-05, 19:26
TBH no one has really attempted to ally PK me...cept at CRP yesterday, but *cough i called fetish cough*

Bugs Gunny
14-12-05, 19:31
Hey, we provide good protection services :-)

cRazy-
14-12-05, 19:43
Hey, we provide good protection services :-)

from what ive heard your one of the people who PK's people trying to level.

I just wish KK would change it back to NC vs DOY and stop the conflict within each city, its not any nice of an addition to the gaming experience, its just annoying.

Tratos
14-12-05, 20:05
The new relations are still developing!

Give the story a chance to kick in as i think its going to drift back to Neocron 1 style.

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 20:29
This new neutral hostile and allied setup is getting annoying now when people are trying to level.

For starters since clans cant trust any other factions apart from allies, 99% of god damn GR's are locked, it also makes it worse when 80% of the map is pro-doy half the time.

next is the PK'ing, i cant trust anyone now, ive even seen allies attacking allies (which happened in a dungeon), even though im a PvP char i cant enjoy the game when theres a constant chance anyone around me, even allies might attack.

Plus for people who dont like constantly being ganked and/or killing everything in sight, it screws things up when your in a battlefield sector levelling for example and since im tangent i only have CA and DRE as allies, every other faction can easily PK me.

tbh all faction alliances have pretty much been destroyed, including neocron and DOY, even though the 2 cities are supposed to be against eachother, theres a civil war between the factions in each city, and since some sectors you can attack neutrals and some you cant, it just fucks everything up.

ur a le'd nib what are u complaining about, im sure if u get some money together u can aford to pay gunner for protection =] lmao

and in nc1 the fraction relationships were much better non of this red v blue shit we have now. the fractions are going the right way imo

Scaramanga
14-12-05, 20:48
Use an le. Ally pking isn't my cup of tea, but nor is it against the rules of the game.

Kozmos
14-12-05, 21:00
crazy now come on, a thread like this isnt doin much for your rep now is it :p

Look back at NC1, Tangent and Biotech used to be red, and all factions apart from TG/FA/CM were all based in the same city.

Personally I like the new setup. I like that buz of seing someone whos name you dont know, in a 'neutral' faction, and not knowing if their gonna attack or not. Just take the first move, if you see them pull out a weapon comin at you, pull out yours and get the first hit in :p

Or just bend over and take it, then get some mates to gank em and get their belt of goodies .....

cRazy-
14-12-05, 21:15
Im not so much talking about me, im talking about all the other people who want to level in peace, also the LE doesnt solve the GR problem.

to be honest the neocron 1 faction setup was better, back then you knew who your enemies were and who your allies were, with this faction setup right now any person i meet anywhere where weapons can be drawn could kill me before i even realise. And what happens if i manage to defend myself, OH i get negative soulight, wonderful.

Its just my personal preference that i prefer the old system of making alliances with friends and fighting the enemy. These days i cant even trust my own faction.

Naky
14-12-05, 22:23
I have been ganked more by "allied" faction members (currently TT) than I ever have by DoY factions. No joke. The storyline is bullshit, the faction system is more bullshit, because nobody cares about it. Nobody. Too many people are out there just ganking every yellow name they see because they can, including if they're like 78/64 and the other person is 20/28.

I just find the community to be hilariously two faced about these things. Conquering an OP while the owning clan is offline is considered to be DISHONOURABLE and COWARDLY and you're all considered to be very rude people if you do so, but hey, slaughtering every 'nub' they see regardless of faction status, rank difference, or location is A-Okay by everyone!

But that's okay, I one day hope that the community as a whole will grow a brain just as I hope that KK will fix the stupifying amount of unfixed bugs that have been around for years one day. :D

giga191
14-12-05, 22:26
everyone was complaining about red vs blue before...

you guys just don't know what you want

Paper Dragon
14-12-05, 22:31
everyone was complaining about red vs blue before...

you guys just don't know what you want

Heheh. That's true.

A question, then, to those who aren't content with the Red vs Blue system we had recently and find fault with the current one: How would you solve these problems?

Tratos
14-12-05, 22:34
Neocron Evol 2.1 Faction System & Storyline
The current gameplay with the various faction relations will be lightened up to provide more potential for interesting and tensing conflicts within the alliances of Neocron and the Dome of York. Effectively, the faction relations will develop step by step – backed up by the storyline. Due to this, the faction-relations will only see minor changes with the launch of Evol 2.1, but are subject to continuous adjustment as the storyline progresses.

I think the event tonight coupled with the patch tommorow is going to see a change in some of the faction relations already tbh.

giga191
14-12-05, 22:37
omg patch tomorow?
EDIT: fuck my PC won't be running til friday when i get my parts and i'm going skiing on saturday for a week :(

Kozmos
14-12-05, 22:43
omg patch tomorow?
EDIT: fuck my PC won't be running til friday when i get my parts and i'm going skiing on saturday for a week :(

Cool, skiings awesome fun, have a go at boarding aswell, break a leg, and some fingers too ;)

*hides*

n3m
14-12-05, 22:55
Cool, skiings awesome fun, have a go at boarding aswell, break a leg, and some fingers too ;)

*hides*
Boarders are cunts :p
Though I've been called an arschlog by someone aswell..

Kozmos
14-12-05, 22:56
Boarders are cunts :p
Though I've been called an arschlog by someone aswell..

Isnt it arschlock or arschloch or somethin

Scaramanga
15-12-05, 02:27
I have been ganked more by "allied" faction members (currently TT) than I ever have by DoY factions. No joke. The storyline is bullshit, the faction system is more bullshit, because nobody cares about it. Nobody. Too many people are out there just ganking every yellow name they see because they can, including if they're like 78/64 and the other person is 20/28.

I just find the community to be hilariously two faced about these things. Conquering an OP while the owning clan is offline is considered to be DISHONOURABLE and COWARDLY and you're all considered to be very rude people if you do so, but hey, slaughtering every 'nub' they see regardless of faction status, rank difference, or location is A-Okay by everyone!

But that's okay, I one day hope that the community as a whole will grow a brain just as I hope that KK will fix the stupifying amount of unfixed bugs that have been around for years one day. :D

This isn't how most players want to play (i hope), but it isn't against the rules. It's just how the game is set up to play due to the evolving storyline(?).
As Neocron is a MMORPG as much as it is a FPS you have to accept the pure PvP players as much as the role players. Many PvPers do not like to travel vast distances (compared to in game distances to other locations through gen reps) to fight others. The Soul light penalties for "enjoying" superior PvP (compared to other games) is outweighed by the quality of PvP if they go to the nearest PvP viable location and attack any and all opponents. To the chargrin of what many may consider the expected standard of honourable play, many PvPers consider attacking allied, neutral or, in extenuating circumstances, enemy runners a perfectly ecceptable way to spend their time in game. Attacking allied runners is not against the rules of play. Whether or not the in game penalties are sufficient to penalise them from a Role playing aspect does not become a valid point unless the PvPers stand to lose an adequate amount of items ( in terms of time spent gathering them) to make the enjoyment worth while.

You have a perfectly valid point in saying that Allied runners should not attack one another, however, as long as this is not punishable to a prohibitive extent it shall still occur in game.

Naky
15-12-05, 04:46
Hey, I'm not really harping on the disregard for factions, etc. I realize this is an FPS and that without your LE, you really are open as free game to all, even if the circumstances aren't fair. If the entire game was this cutthroat, I don't think I'd even bother to mention. It's just that funny duality when it comes to OP wars that makes me chuckle so hard. It just boggles my mind that the same person that thinks ganking anyone and everyone at all times regardless of [whatever] is the same person that starts jumping up and down and calling people dishonourable, cowardly, etc. while frothing at the mouth any time someone conquers their OP when they're offline.

My amusement knows no bounds every time I hear stuff like that.