PDA

View Full Version : the Darkness

Okran
14-12-05, 16:01
I am impressed with the improved atmosphere now the whole game is 'darker'. Before now I never really saw the point in flashlights, now I find myself using one when i gets dark. I have turned up my brightness to full and still I cannot see very much at all at night. A simple yet effective way to improve the world.

This paves the way for possible new content which adds extra visual modes. You just have to look at the Power Armours to see all have some kind of visor or shielded eye piece.

commerzgandalf
14-12-05, 16:03
night vision would be cool
but the flashlight has no effect in the wastes or is this just a problem at my pc ?

excuse bad english

Dribble Joy
14-12-05, 16:03
I do like the way that the lighting effects from back in NC2 beta are back. The textures don't look as cleana nd shiney as before.

IceStorm
14-12-05, 16:20
I am impressed with the improved atmosphere now the whole game is 'darker'.You're impressed that KK removed your gamma control?

I wasn't.

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 16:21
ye... im trying to get a 4 slot cs now so i can get it flashlight modded :(

rob444
14-12-05, 16:22
I would use flashlight if they actually made it better serverside, it's not like you are lighting up an area of your choice, if you aim straight forward the light will probably just hit the ground, or has this been fixed?

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 17:16
I would use flashlight if they actually made it better serverside, it's not like you are lighting up an area of your choice, if you aim straight forward the light will probably just hit the ground, or has this been fixed?

i play first person anyway

Matthew.v.smith
14-12-05, 21:50
Yeah the Flashlights dont affect Wasteland Textures, a big problem imo, if they did they would be used a lot more, and omg what is up with the "limbo" animation you have to do just to point your flashlight forward in 3rd person?
I didnt know your arms go stiff when you hold a flashlight :P

M.

giga191
14-12-05, 21:58
I do like the way that the lighting effects from back in NC2 beta are back. dynamic lighting > what it was before

Odin
14-12-05, 22:50
Why is it I thought this thread was going to be about that crappy band? :angel:

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 22:53

:O

BLASPHIMER

the darkness are NOT a crappy band

n3m
14-12-05, 22:53
I though their christmas song was a welcome change from the usual WHAM and Mariah Carrey ;)

rob444
14-12-05, 23:13

lol, what, you dont think guys in pink leather with long black hair is sexeh?!? 8|

Okran
15-12-05, 10:39
Yeah the Flashlights dont affect Wasteland Textures, a big problem imo, if they did they would be used a lot more, and omg what is up with the "limbo" animation you have to do just to point your flashlight forward in 3rd person?
I didnt know your arms go stiff when you hold a flashlight :P

M.

I know it's real strange, like the tourch contains water and is trying to divinate the whole time ;) Not a major problem for me though.

The problem is on mine too in the wastes, hopefully it can be resolved soon.

I've also found in 1st person that stealthing helps visibility slightly from the shimmer.

cRazy-
15-12-05, 11:24

I thought the exact same thing too, thats why its taken me until now to actually check it out.

Okran
16-12-05, 20:34
I thought the exact same thing too, thats why its taken me until now to actually check it out.

lol My bad choice of words I'm afraid.