View Full Version : to stop people quitting? when ppus are nurfed

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 02:00
if ur afriad of people quitting if u ban hammer the ppu lol why not try this

1 =- apply ur major nurfage

2 =- then offer 2 options

relese all points in monks
OR
offer them a character transfer from monk to another class with skills equal to that of what there monk had

(***the minor % nurf is only if the charcter is capped and going towards woc***
*psi gets changed to str for a tank or int for a spy with a minor % nurf
*int gets changed to con for a tank and dex for a spy again with a minor % nurf
*int dex and psi on a tank and are con and spi on a spy should both be capped

when it comes to changing to a pe. certain considerations need to be acounted for to make sure the character doesnt get an unfair exp advantage

then offer the exchange of modules and amour for equivilent amour in the class of your choice. same for implants and so on

because so far i cant belive u cant fix ppus, i just think ur shitting bricking because u think that if u try n change them 100's of ppl will quit

Asurmen Spec Op
14-12-05, 02:33
No minor present nurf, put them at the bare minimum for that level.
Its far to easy to lvl as a monk and then jump to a PE for woc

SovKhan
14-12-05, 02:35
you say when as if you know they are going to be nerfed...

Asurmen Spec Op
14-12-05, 02:37
you say when as if you know they are going to be nerfed...
You say it as if you didnt know that KK said they were

SovKhan
14-12-05, 02:39
lol i guess im a bit out of touch.

elGringo
14-12-05, 03:44
A nerf that leads to ppl not wanting to play monk chars anymore is not balancing either .. so stuff that idea right up your smelly spot ..kthxbye :)

I do support a proper re-balancing ..and certainly PPU is #1 on the list of to-do's .. but it can remain a challanging and enjoyable class WITHOUT fucking over the PvP entire balance.
I've made my suggestion a dozen times and got tired of quoting myself ...and ontop of that everyone seems to know "just the right action that needs to be taken" ...this issue is not worth debating anymore :)

Dribble Joy
14-12-05, 04:14
If anyone quits because of a PPU fix, then we are probably better off without them, not that people quitting is a good thing for KK.

People don't love their PPUs apart from the few who love them in the same way people love their tank, spy apu or PE, they 'love' them because they are the most powerful class. People will soon forget them and move to the next thing.

Unfortunately, even with the right ppu fix, without other fixes, PEs and spies are going to be that.

SovKhan
14-12-05, 06:38
it all depends on how its done. if they fuck it up it could mess up the entire game. we will have to wait and see. hopefully KK have been thinking of ideas independent of these forums. some of the things mentioned on these forums are totally outlandish ideas. the ball is in KK's court.

on a side note: i love how people still use the term paraspam. its like they dont even remember what it was like before the nerf. there is barely a spam of that weapon, hell it doenst even limit your movement as much as it once did. oh well no matter what you change people will always dislike what is done.

Terayon
14-12-05, 06:56
KK are to scared to change anything now. They are in hiding waiting for these threads to go away.

SovKhan
14-12-05, 07:04
they are anything but scared. people have been posting stupid posts about PPU's for years now. lol

although the people who are bitching now i guess cant remember the times of CathSanct,APS, Holy Para with a rof of 105 (psi cost of like 10 and a higher range), 6 second rez, and 100% on forign cast shields.

all although the nerfs were ment to make it so ppu's wernt as powerfull it just made it so teams (clans mainly) required more ppu's at big fights to have the same level of power as a single ppu used to offer. that is why im afraid when KK says they are nerfing or fixing or whatever to PPU's. it is the hardest class in the game to correct without fucking up balance.

Terayon
14-12-05, 07:28
KK had made threads about fixing ppu's. Then did absolutly nothing. They dont want to mess with such a large part of the game becouse they are scared of the consequences it could have on the leftover people playing neocron.

although the people who are bitching now i guess cant remember the times of CathSanct,APS, Holy Para with a rof of 105 (psi cost of like 10 and a higher range), 6 second rez, and 100% on forign cast shields.
First i dont remember many ppu's back then for some reason. Maybe just less people played a ppu then i dont know. I also remember 4/5 people where complete noobs. Now we have a population where everyone is good and knows what works for winning, so maybe thats why we have so many ppu's now.

And second, dousent matter how much better ppu's where it dousent change the current issue. Sorry, you probably know that but im posting it anyways.

all although the nerfs were ment to make it so ppu's wernt as powerfull it just made it so teams (clans mainly) required more ppu's at big fights to have the same level of power as a single ppu used to offer. that is why im afraid when KK says they are nerfing or fixing or whatever to PPU's. it is the hardest class in the game to correct without fucking up balance.

No.... the nerf did not make more ppu's needed. Heals, sd, dmg boost, para and the others dont stack, so it dousent matter. It was a nerf you cant compensate for. People probably just got smart.

Zheo
14-12-05, 09:14
No minor present nurf, put them at the bare minimum for that level.
Its far to easy to lvl as a monk and then jump to a PE for woc

PPU's - We shouldnt be able to kill em easily. <-- But they shouldnt beable to kill us.

As for their help in fights. The best idea I heard was this:

IF a person has a shelter or deflector or both when heal is cast they lose those two. And while they have heal on, if someone casts deflector or shelter on then they lose the heal.

It's a choice between heal or defenses. But only if it's foreignly cast. meaning a PE could still SD and then heal themselves.

That is a sensible idea and it wouldnt nerf ppu's but it'd reduce their capability of usefulness in fights, and stop them unbalaencing it, also you wouldnt need to noob buff others to stop the monk healing them.

As for a way to kill PPU's maybe bring in a new mod like the old spirit mod that takes of shelter and defelctors? It would do less damage than normal weapons because you wouldn't gain any damage from the ammo mod, however it'd keep the ppu's defenses down, so all they could do is heal, and without SD you should beable to kill them.

sultana
14-12-05, 10:09
on a side note: i love how people still use the term paraspam. its like they dont even remember what it was like before the nerf. there is barely a spam of that weapon, hell it doenst even limit your movement as much as it once did. oh well no matter what you change people will always dislike what is done.
Actually, when they reduced the RoF from 105/min and increased the mana cost on the Parashock, they also boosted the stun so it was even more "effective".

It's funny talking about people quitting if the ppus do get a nerf, when you think back to all the people who have quit, naming ppus as one of their reasons for leaving.

Spermy
14-12-05, 10:39

What's this about? I've been asleep. O_o

Link?

awkward silence
14-12-05, 10:40

Linkage! Where is the announcement?

RogerRamjet
14-12-05, 10:45
I hope you realise that they nerfed PPUs in the transfer from NC1 --> NC2 already. In NC1 you could quite happily outheal 3 - 4 HLs (i tried it at an OP fight, uncapped PPU, heal sanc). Now youre lucky if you can outheal 1 or 2, and you cant outheal an energy beam if youve got a DB (no heal sanc).

One of the reasons ive seen people quit for, is that they dont like the fact people bring PPUs to find a lonely PE at CRP. Now, is that a fault of the game mechanics? No, its not, its the fault of the people behind the PPUs (whether its their main char or what).

The game isnt completely unplayable. If youre unhappy with Terra, go to Mars or Mercury, where theres a clear reduction in the amount of monks in general running around.

Toilet-Duck
14-12-05, 10:49
Oh NO! Not another nurf the ppu thread! :rolleyes:

calim
14-12-05, 10:58
Here it is my point of view. Playing a PPU is hard and physically tiring. I think it's enough to say PPU's are well-powered like they are currently. I think it's normal.

Spermy
14-12-05, 11:03
Just for the record, I don't know why it ticks me off but it's

NERF!

>_<

As in Nerf bat? Those little foamy things? No. Not Mochafrapuciniwhatsits....

james_finn
14-12-05, 11:17
Here it is my point of view. Playing a PPU is hard and physically tiring. I think it's enough to say PPU's are well-powered like they are currently. I think it's normal.

Geez the first quote to actually say something nice about PPUs - thanks! I agree theres a small problem, but its down to how people play PPUs rather than them being overpowered imho.

Spermy
14-12-05, 11:18
Whats the deal about the nerf?

Rumour mil? Or can someone give me a link?

MaGn0lia
14-12-05, 12:21
I have noticed that I'm way more reckless in Neptune with my chars due to the fact that I have LE so I don't drop stuff and the SI death penalty is over in mere seconds.

I could rip the LE off of my nib monk and run around fighting left and right due to the small death penalty, but when I remove LE, the item drop comes back :|

So why not make it so that Terra has these rules, No belt drop, faster SI, and no Imp drop.

And then make the rules in Neptune harder, belt drop with no hack, no safezones, slow and massive SI and imp drop, less guards. Make it a REAL PVP server, and not the "deep end" of a kiddie pool. Make the two servers REALLY different in terms of rules, and then you have a test ground on how these kind of things affect.

I guarantee that people in Neptune will bring PPUs to everywhere and people in Terrans will not need PPUs almost at all.

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 16:27
PPU's - We shouldnt be able to kill em easily. <-- But they shouldnt beable to kill us.

As for their help in fights. The best idea I heard was this:

IF a person has a shelter or deflector or both when heal is cast they lose those two. And while they have heal on, if someone casts deflector or shelter on then they lose the heal.

It's a choice between heal or defenses. But only if it's foreignly cast. meaning a PE could still SD and then heal themselves.

That is a sensible idea and it wouldnt nerf ppu's but it'd reduce their capability of usefulness in fights, and stop them unbalaencing it, also you wouldnt need to noob buff others to stop the monk healing them.

As for a way to kill PPU's maybe bring in a new mod like the old spirit mod that takes of shelter and defelctors? It would do less damage than normal weapons because you wouldn't gain any damage from the ammo mod, however it'd keep the ppu's defenses down, so all they could do is heal, and without SD you should beable to kill them.

oh how i would love this.... i would use the free slot in my tank to up the cast spead of my heal and whack tl3 heals on ppl before nuking there faces with a cs