PDA

View Full Version : UG solution withough removing ug reps

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 01:36
ok... looks like i aint going anywhere for a few days... stupid passport ppl (ok stupid me but still)

so i was thinking about the underground problem

why not make it so spawning from the underground can make u apear anywhere inside the op... ye it makes no real sence game wise. but it prevents people barreling one place. and still alowes u to do everything that having GRin to the underground does now

it means when u are finaly up ur co-ordination is shot to fuck. but ull soon realise where all the fighting is

QuakCow
14-12-05, 01:37
ive always thought maybe there not be an ug entrance...somehow make it in such a way that owning clan still grs in there and can zone up..but theres no way to zone back down except through genrep

the place where they zone up i guess could be any one of 3 or so buildings that cant be accessed

Zeninja
14-12-05, 01:49
I don't like the idea of spawning randomly inside UG for those reasons :

- the time you would synch out and realise what's happening, you're already dead (not to mention FREs and infinite synchs)
- barel's usage and aoe weapons usage are already very limited, doing this would finish turning it into pvm-only items.
- very hard to regroup for a team

ive always thought maybe there not be an ug entrance...somehow make it in such a way that owning clan still grs in there and can zone up..but theres no way to zone back down except through genrep
I'm more tempted for something like this, I suppose UGs were implemented to allow owners defending their OP before it's hacked. What I really hate in UG's the way they are atm, is that they make most of OP fights being zone-whoring championships.

.Cyl0n
14-12-05, 01:54
Why help the zoners even more?

Make zoning INTO the UG impossible after 1st hack IMO. This way the defending team has time enough to buff up and think of a tactic etc and then actually fight instead of zone whoring and killing the hackers with kamis

Or bring it all back to what it used to be including no more locked grs which is complete bs too in a game with so few players imo

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 02:03
i ruled out the changing of the maps so there is a safe barrel free area to zone into because kk cant realy change the maps withough having a HUGE fucking map pack to redownload... anything they make in game is a game object. such as the doy tunnels are only objects not map alterations

QuakCow
14-12-05, 02:05
well, thats the only solution i can see, while still keeping the ug in existence...unless they placed walls of boxes and box stairs to get out around the ug

but that would be a bitch for the gms i suppose

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 02:08
well, thats the only solution i can see...unless they placed walls of boxes and box stairs to get out around the ug

but that would be a bitch for the gms i suppose
then would have granades and droners blasting the fuck out of the area ppl zone in. it cant solve the problem

QuakCow
14-12-05, 02:11
mm...didnt think of drones...but grenades arent as much of a problem as barrels...in any case this would all be putting a bandaid on the problem.

to get any kind of fix for the root of the problem wed have to either remove the ug or make some map changes.

i favor the idea of leaving zoning completely out of it...somewhere around the op drop a facility with 2 or 3 doors locked to the owning clan, but i suppose thats a pretty drastic alternative.

-FN-
14-12-05, 02:21
Redesign the zones so that the zone + the UG are the same physical zone. Remove the UG entrance and put in a ramp with a door at the bottom.

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 03:09
Redesign the zones so that the zone + the UG are the same physical zone. Remove the UG entrance and put in a ramp with a door at the bottom.

again that involves altering the map not just objects in the map which kk hasnt shown they have any power to do :P

its probably posible but i dont wana have to downlaod 700mb map pack because they cant design a patcher to alter a small amount of the file ;)

the point of this was a simple solution to prevent barreling with only a minor ajustment

if we all zone randomly around the op instead of at the place we all zone down into the op then having a barrel on the exit wont matter

QuakCow
14-12-05, 03:12
mmm...well i guess getting a long synch in the middle of the op wouldnt be any worse then getting a long synch at the ug entrance

SovKhan
14-12-05, 03:13
never liked the UG reps to begin with. they dont promote fighting. would be awsome if after the 1st or 2nd hack they were offline.

i think there should be effects of every layer at the op anyway.

maybe after 1st the UG GR is offline, 2nd turrets are offline, 3rd anyone can genrep into the outside GR regardless of setting, 4th OP transfer.

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 03:19
imo u should have to drive/run/genrep near you op to get there non of this UG crap but it was put in the game for a reason and its gona stay

and trust me long syncing in a random place in the op would probably give u enough time to relog withough being killed in comparison to long syncing at the ug entrance and dieing withing seconds

Kierz
14-12-05, 05:24
All the people saying UG should be offline after the first hack aren't quite thinking that through :p how is the defending clan supposed to know to use the UG untill a layer has been hacked (most clans don't camp their op - aside from FF @ cycrow).

SovKhan
14-12-05, 06:33
i didnt say the UG should be offline. just the GR that allows people to GR out of the UG should go offline...

yavimaya
14-12-05, 07:19
One of the things zovos didnt think about is the fact that this solution would work now, but in the future when peoples playing styles change, and everyone is running around everywhere frantically again, long sync's and FRE's will still get you killed, probably just as quick too.

I personally think everyone should have to GR there or drive/run, like back in NC1 before all this other shit was added. (UG, select who can GR, etc)

Clobber
14-12-05, 15:32
Just remove the ug's completely, they serve no purpose other than a nice place to get int up :rolleyes:

Cor
14-12-05, 15:56
Can someone explain to me what is different with the UG during an OP fight. Haven't done one in along along time. But I remember that during an OP fight the owning clan could GR into the OP UG. And that was before the upgrade and now people talking about it again as being a bad thing. Is it the same or has it changed some what??

SovKhan
14-12-05, 16:27
the clan that owns the op can still GR into UG with no SI. however they have added actually GR's INSIDE the UG's so if a clan wants to wuss out of a fight they can just GR out from inside the UG.