PDA

View Full Version : Hey KK, Statistical Questions for you...

-FN-
14-12-05, 00:54
Assuming the # of Neocron Accounts (Active & Expired) is 100%:

- What % of those accounts have a Forum Account tied to them?
- What % of the above % are Active and able to post on the Forums?

People are always saying "the entire community" and "everyone on the forums have this problem..."

But I'm wondering what % of the actual active community even visit the forums to voice themselves. I'm betting it's 50% or less...

I'm guessing when "everyone" has unstable client problems, it's probably 20 people out of 2000 active forum-linked accounts out of 4000 active accounts...

Just curious :)

Spermy
14-12-05, 00:56
/Agree.

I doubt a lot of the people use the forums. I took a year before registering here. Go figure O_o

Vampire222
14-12-05, 00:58
go look up random old post with multiple pages, 50% is banned of the posters.

Dribble Joy
14-12-05, 01:05
Rememeber the argument that the forums are designated outlet for the community to voice it's opinions. If you choose not to use it, you forfeit your opinion.

Zeninja
14-12-05, 01:16
Someone asked the same question about french forum users comparing to french actual players, and AD answered that forum members were far away from representing a majority if I remember well.

If you take away from that a majority of members only using their accounts to read and post a few times... no need to be more explicit.

No no.. the real question is, if you cumulate QD + DJ posts, do you reach 50% of forum total lines :eek:

onero S
14-12-05, 03:41
Rememeber the argument that the forums are designated outlet for the community to voice it's opinions. If you choose not to use it, you forfeit your opinion.

yea but if you make a change said people don't like you still loose them as customers

Asurmen Spec Op
14-12-05, 06:07
they prolly wont post it because then they cant use the "We wont read forum polls because your a little part of the game" argument

sl33py
14-12-05, 10:39
No no.. the real question is, if you cumulate QD + DJ posts, do you reach 50% of forum total lines :eek:

Just this... LOL

AlphaGremlin
14-12-05, 12:54
There's also those people who have multiple accounts who are unlikely to have signed them all up to the forums, which would skew things a bit.
AlphaGremlin

Toxen
14-12-05, 13:02
yuh i'd say a good third of the active accounts out there are multi's heck we have peope with access to 3 or 4 accounts.
But yeah your right the active forum accounts should be taken as a representative voice of the community if people aren't willing to voice their opinions in how things are run they do kinda forefit the right to have their say like anyone of voting age not choosing to vote, they don't have the right to moan about the government

retr0n
14-12-05, 13:08
I don't know much about statistics, it was part of some course I slept through
but I do remember something like if you ask 1000 people the same question and
get the statistics on that, past 1000 it will only deviate +-1%.

So asking 1000 people or 100.000 doesn't make much difference statisticaly.

So even if not everybody voices their opinion, after a certain ammount of people
have, it's not going to make a whole lot of difference in the outcome.

Mighty Max
14-12-05, 13:14
Asking 1000 or 100.000 will dramatical change the result in many cases.

It really depends on the selection of those ppl. the chances you got the wrong selection (not representive) with 1000 ppl is a lot higher then on 100.0000.

In the worst case you'll encounter a failure of 99% (the 1000 you asked first saying yes the remaining 99.000 saying no.

retr0n
14-12-05, 13:49
Asking 1000 or 100.000 will dramatical change the result in many cases.

It really depends on the selection of those ppl. the chances you got the wrong selection (not representive) with 1000 ppl is a lot higher then on 100.0000.

In the worst case you'll encounter a failure of 99% (the 1000 you asked first saying yes the remaining 99.000 saying no.

Yes but in order to do it statistiacly correct you have to do certain things.
When you do all those things the outcome wont differ much if it's 1000 or

If you ask 1000 and they all say yes, and then you ask 99.000 more and they
all say no, then you are doing something wrong.

I'll look some stuff up and try to link to something so it doesn't look like i'm
talking out of my ass right now. I can't explain very well in english.