PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360's this weekend

System
14-12-05, 00:54
Yea so I was told today by a friend that Xbox 360s will be sold at bestbuy this sunday (USA)... So I call them up, first guy I talk to said yea we will have them in but I dont know much information about it, let me transfer you to the media department. So i talked to the guy there and he's like I dont know... I'm like nonsense... the guy I just got off the phone said you would!! then he's like "Keep your eye on the ads". So I'm searching around on the net. And I found this

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/dept.asp?logon=L&langid=EN&catid=23393&test%5Fcookie=1

Like WHAT?!?! CA get them firday and they are advertising on the site! USA isnt advertising on site... WTF so I call back and was like LOOK CA is selling them this weekend are you, "I dont know, keep your eye on the Ad" GRR i wish they would fucking say something ffs!

Anyways does anyone have any information at all about this for the USA?

-- System --

Asurmen Spec Op
14-12-05, 01:40
Yea so I was told today by a friend that Xbox 360s will be sold at bestbuy this sunday (USA)... So I call them up, first guy I talk to said yea we will have them in but I dont know much information about it, let me transfer you to the media department. So i talked to the guy there and he's like I dont know... I'm like nonsense... the guy I just got off the phone said you would!! then he's like "Keep your eye on the ads". So I'm searching around on the net. And I found this

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/dept.asp?logon=L&langid=EN&catid=23393&test%5Fcookie=1

Like WHAT?!?! CA get them firday and they are advertising on the site! USA isnt advertising on site... WTF so I call back and was like LOOK CA is selling them this weekend are you, "I dont know, keep your eye on the Ad" GRR i wish they would fucking say something ffs!

Anyways does anyone have any information at all about this for the USA?

-- System --
Ive got info

waste
of
money

Foo
14-12-05, 02:54
Yea i tryed one in a game store near where i live yesterday (in london/uk) and tbh , it was just like playing a xbox O_o didnt see no differance so i wont be wasteing my money thats for sure.

IceStorm
14-12-05, 02:55
waste
of
moneyI have one. It's a very nice console. AA's original titles and the 360 titles are quite a bit more detailed than original XBOX titles.

'course, I didn't have to buy it on eBay or wait in line for 24 hours to get one and I have a proper HDTV hooked to it. Maybe my expectations are lower than others and my viewing hardware is better?

Asurmen Spec Op
14-12-05, 06:08
I have one. It's a very nice console. AA's original titles and the 360 titles are quite a bit more detailed than original XBOX titles.

'course, I didn't have to buy it on eBay or wait in line for 24 hours to get one and I have a proper HDTV hooked to it. Maybe my expectations are lower than others and my viewing hardware is better?
That I cannot for the life of me find a point of consols.

IceStorm
14-12-05, 07:12
That I cannot for the life of me find a point of consols.Maybe not over there. Over here, attaching a PC to an HDTV, getting it to WORK through driver updates and Windows updates, and then getting a nice control setup that doesn't make you sit at a table is a pain in the ass.

I like some console games, so I own consoles. I don't have any reason to dismiss consoles now that they don't look like Fisher Price toys.

Asurmen Spec Op
14-12-05, 07:43
Maybe not over there. Over here, attaching a PC to an HDTV, getting it to WORK through driver updates and Windows updates, and then getting a nice control setup that doesn't make you sit at a table is a pain in the ass.

I like some console games, so I own consoles. I don't have any reason to dismiss consoles now that they don't look like Fisher Price toys.
well ofcorse WINDOWS updates cause problems!
all the console games that come to PC I can play full grafics, ofcorse I spend far to much money into my computer, and for that reason dont put any into consoles

sl33py
14-12-05, 10:37
Still the XBox360 is a piece of crap, I'm waiting on the ps3 (spring release in Japan, the rest of the world... probable shortly after as always)

giga191
14-12-05, 12:17
if only they made decent games these days, the only reason i would ever pay for a console is if it has a fucking good multiplayer game on it

rob444
14-12-05, 12:37
I think the only reason I can come up with in buying one of those xbox's, is because of Halo. But then again, Halo is released on PC and Halo 2 will probably be released on PC as well in the future, I think I can wait :)

Ryen
14-12-05, 14:22
Hey guys I have an xbox 360 ok it's a cool console :( I mean I have it and I get to play 3 whole games on it! None of which are even fun! But hell it extends the length of my penis (or so my best friend told me LOLOLOL!) so I don't care about taking out a loan to buy one!

Also if you didn't detect even a slight bit of sarcasm in this post, get the hell out.

suler
14-12-05, 14:49
I think the only reason I can come up with in buying one of those xbox's, is because of Halo. But then again, Halo is released on PC and Halo 2 will probably be released on PC as well in the future, I think I can wait :)

The only thing that made halo really bad ass was 4 player split screen, combined with system link. All you need is 2 xboxes and you can have a 4 on 4 capture the flag, 100 times easier then a lan party.

Also like in the other debate, games are what makes the consoles. Specs don't really matter to the average gamer and it shouldn't. Most people will wait until they see some games they really want then get that console. If you think of any system you've owned you don't think of the amount of ram it has just the games you enjoyed on it.

Even if you consider the new xbox a piece of crap, if it has some good xbox exclusive games I will get it and so will alot of other people. Same exact thing for the ps3.