PDA

View Full Version : New tank ability idea

giga191
13-12-05, 17:45
Since tanks don't have very many toys, I think they should be able to pick up dead bodies, walk around with them and put them wherever they want. This could be used to help people, or to make people harder to rezz + it would give people move incentive to play tanks are OP wars (i'm also sure some people would enjoy it for it's neocrophilia-ness too:eek: ).

Dribble Joy
13-12-05, 17:46
Ehhhh.....

Dunno....

Bugs Gunny
13-12-05, 17:48
Stop hinting :-)

I'd so take people and take them to the top of a mountain somewhere with a carrier.

jini
13-12-05, 17:48
I know:
I like it :lol:
Also something more: imagine to be able to throw them up in tha air just like we do with stuff :lol:

giga191
13-12-05, 17:53
just to clarify: i mean carrying them on your shoulder like MGS but it would slow you down as if you were carrying a cannon

Spermy
13-12-05, 17:53
Stop hinting :-)

I'd so take people and take them to the top of a mountain somewhere with a carrier.

Too open to abuse by this evildoer :p

giga191
13-12-05, 17:54
I'm sure people could find loads of places to put people where they can't actually be rezzed but that's part of the point of it

jini
13-12-05, 17:57
the idea is great and will add to the fun part of the game

Dribble Joy
13-12-05, 18:07
O r piss everyone off big time :p.

Tratos
13-12-05, 18:13
lol

Gunning down an OP war team one by one and stashing the bodies, i quite like it but it would be more of a novelty me thinks, ofcourse people would probably abuse this for faction switching by killing the char who wants to switch and carrying them into the city without being shot and rezzing them infront of the faction join NPC :p

RogerRamjet
13-12-05, 18:25
I'm sure people could find loads of places to put people where they can't actually be rezzed but that's part of the point of it

I hope you realise its an exploit to "put" someones body in a place it cant be rezzed.

If you mean up a mountain, if the tank can get there, so can a PPU ;)

giga191
13-12-05, 18:26
lol

Gunning down an OP war team one by one and stashing the bodies, i quite like it but it would be more of a novelty me thinks, ofcourse people would probably abuse this for faction switching by killing the char who wants to switch and carrying them into the city without being shot and rezzing them infront of the faction join NPC :p what's wrong with that? it's not un-logical in any way apart from the fact that your bringing a dead person back to life

jini
13-12-05, 18:44
the idea rocks, ofcourse theres no need to change zones, nor going in the UG. it's all about laughs, and stop all these thoughts of everything. it's just a game its supposed to be fun => idea rox good thinking Zel ;)

Skusty
13-12-05, 18:46
Throw FF down the TG canyon? :p

Who's rezzing who eh?

Toxen
13-12-05, 19:13
lol

Gunning down an OP war team one by one and stashing the bodies, i quite like it but it would be more of a novelty me thinks, ofcourse people would probably abuse this for faction switching by killing the char who wants to switch and carrying them into the city without being shot and rezzing them infront of the faction join NPC :p

Can already be done tratos u just need a good ppu and u can walk straight upto the recruiter even if ur hostile :P

All in all I like the idea rescuing fallen comrades from the battle feild hauling them back to somewhere safe to be rezzed. Can already see tanks running around the battlefeild with little red cross painted on their PA :P

One other factor would you allow an LE'ed tank pickup a non LE'ed char or visa versa

kurai
13-12-05, 19:22
I'd have to vote no on this - after I eventually fuck-up/mis-time one of my extended sniper sessions and get killed my targets are often rather ... frustrated.

They do unspeakable things to my corpse as it is (I once got my body zapped with weapons/spells and pushed all the way from an OP entrance at the centre of a zone to within metres [where I eventually released] of a Wasteland sector for revenge rez-killing belt hackage :) )

If the corpse carrying thing came in odds are I'd get my body stuffed into a cabinet in some aggrieved tankeh's apartment.
(And you just *know* how smelly and mould ridden the average jock tank's locker will be :D )

Nananine
13-12-05, 19:24
I don't think this would work. Bodies fall in different places on each client thanks to lag.

naimex
13-12-05, 20:39
or we could just give dead runners the ability to press the left mouse button to be instantly placed dead inside a box with their belts, so no one can ever retrieve or access the belts and no one can rezz them ...

terrible idea.

Koshinn
13-12-05, 21:01
just to clarify: i mean carrying them on your shoulder like MGS but it would slow you down as if you were carrying a cannon
You don't carry people on your shoulder in MGS, MGS2 or MGS3. Nor MG1 or MG2 for that matter.

Maybe you're talking about splinter cell or deus ex?

Kierz
13-12-05, 21:15
Never gonna happen but still a laugh just thinking about it, Jericho (only op I can think of with water nearby) OP fights would be pretty kewl, I've always wanted to throw all the damn monks in a nearby river =]

giga191
13-12-05, 21:32
You don't carry people on your shoulder in MGS, MGS2 or MGS3. Nor MG1 or MG2 for that matter.

Maybe you're talking about splinter cell or deus ex? i said like MGS, as in you drag the bodies to somewhere unseen. And who said anything about picking up the belts naimex? and so what if u cant get rezzed? is it so bad to have to gr out for once?

Superbron
13-12-05, 23:32
:p hehehe funny idea this is :lol:

Toxen
14-12-05, 00:03
Ok simple way to deal with alot of the problems people have been throwing up about people taking ur body then rez killing it etc make it so only team mates can pick up your corpse, don't attach the belt to the corpse leave belts as they are so if the bodies moved away from where it died the belt stays there etc.

giga191
14-12-05, 00:06
i'd take all enemy bodies into the UG when defending OPs. i laugh my ass off at the thought of people screaming on enemy vent "FUCK!!!!!!11 stop him, he's taking me into the UG!!!!, NOOOO"

yavimaya
14-12-05, 07:50
Errm, whats with all the "People can move you to somewhere that you cant be ress'd" crap?
The person being carried can always just GR out of there if they dont like where they are being taken.... exploitation in that manner.. gone.

vices
14-12-05, 09:02
i'd take all enemy bodies into the UG when defending OPs. i laugh my ass off at the thought of people screaming on enemy vent "FUCK!!!!!!11 stop him, he's taking me into the UG!!!!, NOOOO"

:lol: Maybe not being able to zone while carrying a body would solve a lot of problems there, but it takes some of the fun from it. Gotta love the thought of people screaming on vent for their lives :D

jini
14-12-05, 09:52
I just love it, how some people object just to object ;)
It's even more fun that they are tanks, meaning those that will benefit the most, giving them an important role to play in op wars...

Dargeshaad
14-12-05, 09:57
My only objection is that it'll take away focus from more important issues, which I don't have to mention here since they are all very obvious

naimex
14-12-05, 10:11
Errm, whats with all the "People can move you to somewhere that you cant be ress'd" crap?
The person being carried can always just GR out of there if they dont like where they are being taken.... exploitation in that manner.. gone.

because you arent allowed to be pushed when dead...

putting in a way to move people directly instead of indirectly certainly wont make it any better.

but well...

with about 90 of my max load almost constantly filled, id like to see any tank who with his own stuff, armor and weapons and spells and boosters and drugs and ammo still has 90-100 freeload to move me around.

my point remains though..

terrible terrible useless and absolutely not wanted idea.

hegemonic
14-12-05, 10:24
This idea is SO bizarre that I like it.

Don't think it's possible to properly implement though...

Spermy
14-12-05, 10:35
It IS hilarious. But, i'm still of the persuasion that some of the things that could be accomplished with it by some members of the community

<_<

>_>

Could just be plain disturbing.

giga191
14-12-05, 12:27
terrible terrible useless and absolutely not wanted idea. because it doesn't fit into KK's categories of new items, graphical improvement or fix? How about a fourth dimension called gameplay?

rob444
14-12-05, 12:35
Cool idea but as someone mentioned about lag, it will cause a bit of problems :/. But I like that you can carry fallen comrades etc. to a safer area.

I would love to be able to behead people with a sword and be able to place their heads on a shelf in my apartment!

Fero
14-12-05, 13:11
lol ...giga you done it again.
Touching dead people is not fun. Currently with *ahem* ppl rezzing legaly *ahem* i bet it would be a solution. No sneaky crap no more. Or Even Better WoC 1 molecular destabilizer = one hit and person kicked to his app with 40 % SI and 3 imps out atleast. sort of shovel in a face ... bang and " go back to yer home deadmeat ".

I would actualy like an ion canon for tanks or maybe mobile artillery unit with woc 1 str req and 175 hc to cap( rhino shots ). :angel:
that would make gen tank SOOO much fun ... forget about monkeys.
2 tanks with such things and apu/ppu teams are out poking heads.

rawr

kurai
14-12-05, 13:20
Now the artillery idea I *like* ... a *lot*.

Give gentanks some sort of `mortar` weapon similar to the artillery turrets, but carryable.

SovKhan
14-12-05, 14:41
it could work if they fixed the models so you could rez people if you can target any part of their bodies. no just the bottem of their feet as it is now.

n3m
14-12-05, 14:46
"NOOO!!!1 he's taking my body into the UG"
rofl That sounds disturbing :lol:

Id love an ion cannon, huge beam that blinds everybody like the fusion shots =DD

Riddle
14-12-05, 14:53
Too open to abuse tbh.

OP owners will simply zone up from UG, collect bodies of fallen team mates, zone down and rez in peace.

Or as mentioned zone down with enemy bodies preventing rez.

besides i fail to see any tactical advantage to carrying some dumbass who died.

If you want tanks to have a new weapon for Ops then lets get MOLOTOV COCKTAILS! I wanna see burning enemies!
AOE cocktails - produced from recycling drops and drinks available in chez :D

naimex
14-12-05, 14:55
because it doesn't fit into KK's categories of new items, graphical improvement or fix? How about a fourth dimension called gameplay?

so you would have no problem with me picking you up..

you being picked up, you are "in my inventory", my property...

i think ill make an 0/2 le tank with every point in tra so he can pick you up when you die, and then you will be my property and then ill just make him stand somewhere with you on his shoulder, rendering that character of yours unable to do anything until i decide to drop you again ...

Zheo
14-12-05, 15:01
O r piss everyone off big time :p.

Need I point out that you *could* just press right mouse button to respawn at a genrep? Thus making this whole thing pointless, and ressing pointless and everything pointless.... dumb idea, how about making turrets on vehicles Tank only? or HC weapons tank only... much better idea.

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 16:16
how about making more powerfull turrets that can be used at ops but tanks are requiered to gun them

naimex
14-12-05, 16:26
UPDATE TO MY LAST POST:

Or maybe I'll take you to YO's and sell you ...

ZoVoS
14-12-05, 16:30
UPDATE TO MY LAST POST:

im sure ud get more money selling corpses to asurmen

jini
14-12-05, 16:34
UPDATE TO MY LAST POST:

What guarantees YOU will be the undertaker?

giga191
14-12-05, 16:59
so you would have no problem with me picking you up..

you being picked up, you are "in my inventory", my property...

i think ill make an 0/2 le tank with every point in tra so he can pick you up when you die, and then you will be my property and then ill just make him stand somewhere with you on his shoulder, rendering that character of yours unable to do anything until i decide to drop you again ... who says that it would be an inventory items, i meant you could carry someone on your shoulder and then put them down where ever. If someone doesn't want a dead person to be rezzed then they shouldn't be rezzed

naimex
14-12-05, 19:15
everything at the moment is run on inventory items ...

it would require so much new code and code changing just to be able to pick up a person, and then they have to restrict it to dead after, and then another value to say if someone is picked up or not, and then they have to make it a remote thing ...

would be so many factors in it that something as small as the tiniest of lagspike would make you able to pick up living people ...

besides me thinking it being totally useless, annoying, inconstructive, problematic and stupid ... it will also be a bug nightmare.

not that any of this matters, cuz itīs not going to be implemented anyways

What guarantees YOU will be the undertaker?

The fact that his post was minded on my post that was a critique of his post, and my post was posted from a personal point of view in relation to the use of him/anyone else with the purpose of this threads subject if implemented into the game.

Which makes it an "I DO" action, hence me.

jini
14-12-05, 20:19

it would require so much new code and code changing just to be able to pick up a person, and then they have to restrict it to dead after, and then another value to say if someone is picked up or not, and then they have to make it a remote thing ...

would be so many factors in it that something as small as the tiniest of lagspike would make you able to pick up living people ...

besides me thinking it being totally useless, annoying, inconstructive, problematic and stupid ... it will also be a bug nightmare.

not that any of this matters, cuz itīs not going to be implemented anyways

you are speculating.. a lot.
leave those worries to the coders.
Im trying to follow your train of thought and it just seems that you oppose to the idea for no reason. You wont ever be able to persuade anyone (including yourself) by just saying its problematic or stupid.
Try to explain to me what purpose does emotes for instance serve in neocron?

Kozmos
14-12-05, 21:07
because you arent allowed to be pushed when dead...

putting in a way to move people directly instead of indirectly certainly wont make it any better.

but well...

with about 90 of my max load almost constantly filled, id like to see any tank who with his own stuff, armor and weapons and spells and boosters and drugs and ammo still has 90-100 freeload to move me around.

my point remains though..

terrible terrible useless and absolutely not wanted idea.

i told you youve got too many points in HC anyway, put it into transport. my mc tank carries his weapons, pa, normally 100 anti stuns and stam boosters, 50 anti DB's, various other junk in his inv cause im a messy bastard and still has enough freeload to run around after a genrep...

Drake6k
14-12-05, 21:28
Imagine Bob the PKer just killed you. You hate that guy more than anything and it's the 3rd time he has killed you this week. You spent 10 minutes running to this cave and now you have to either start all over or logout.
.. Watching from the ground as you lie there dead... Bob picks you up and starts runing in circles...dropping you on trees, rocks, exc.

Wouldn't that suck.

Also NOTE: Many guns that can "push" players also can do so when they area dead, So you can actually already push dead people around and where they cant be rezzed, I do it all the time.

giga191
14-12-05, 21:30

so that's 2 boolean conditions and a camera angle change, it doesn't take up bandwidth until someone tries to pick someone up, and once you are dead it's not as if you don't have the spare bandwidth to set up the camera to follow someone

EDIT: and yes i did come up with the idea while pushing a dead body with my gun, and the point of the idea is that it's a new ability for tanks which is to stop enemies from being rezzed because it sucks when it makes no difference at all if you just killed someone

CMaster
14-12-05, 21:30
Also NOTE: Many guns that can "push" players also can do so when they area dead, So you can actually already push dead people around and where they cant be rezzed, I do it all the time.

Well, you basically just said "I should be banned" as thats specifically against the rules of conduct...
I don't quite see the point of THIS as a tank ability though.

Kozmos
14-12-05, 22:55
Well, you basically just said "I should be banned" as thats specifically against the rules of conduct...
I don't quite see the point of THIS as a tank ability though.

your havin a bubble right ?

Cant seriously ban someone for someone elses stupidity and reluctance to genrep out, ohnoes i might lose condition on my DS.... so what ? At any point, in neocron, ever, has someone had to buy a new implant because their ones totally 0/0 wrecked ? my marine ive had since like a month of NC1 release and its conditions still like /44 or somethin.

Release, get poked, go back, kill them. releasing is 99 times outta 100 quicker then waitin for a clannie on vent to log a ppu and come to you

Getting banned for something like that is as stupid as saying OMG I KEEP GOIN TO DRT GR AND SOME GUY GANKS ME OVER AND OVER, BAN HIM FOR GRIEFING EVEN THOUGH I HAVE 45 OTHER GENREPS TO SELECT INSTEAD!!111

One day i swear common sense will be declared extinct

CMaster
14-12-05, 23:41
# Pushing dead bodies into boxes/trees (or any other place that renders them untargetable)

*shrug, I don't make the rules. I sorta see the point in this one, but its not a big deal. I rarely get rezzed. Thats cos if there is a PPU around, its normally me.

naimex
15-12-05, 00:56
i told you youve got too many points in HC anyway, put it into transport. my mc tank carries his weapons, pa, normally 100 anti stuns and stam boosters, 50 anti DB's, various other junk in his inv cause im a messy bastard and still has enough freeload to run around after a genrep...

that was before my last revelation...

i found a way to get even better resists, and even more health :)

giga191
15-12-05, 18:59
so was that before or after you called zeltarg a noob on ooc and then got pwned at fight night?

naimex
15-12-05, 19:08
so was that before or after you called zeltarg a noob on ooc and then got pwned at fight night?

I've changed it since.

and I did ask for a rematch just before people started attacking the OP..

Mr Friendly
15-12-05, 19:09
im not much afraid about what ppl would do with this new ability, but instead more afraid of what kinda bugs/exploits will come from it =/

Tank ability i discussed with a few ppl last night is Shelter belts with a dex req, like about 7 in force, fir, enr, xrr & absorbs 25 or 30% dmg. (to go along with the def belt) tanks currently get owned by hybs, pes, most pistol shelter spies, & only really have a chance against an apu if they have speccd for enr & can take at least 7 HLs. they either need a new defence or new wep (WoC)

even though i do admit tanks are fun as hell to play. imho to win against most ppl solo, u gotta get the jump on em. thats what the rav comes in handy for =p ;) thinkin of rollin my pistol PE back to my tank =/

I've changed it since.

and I did ask for a rematch just before people started attacking the OP..

distracted you were, losing focus of the force you are.

that was before my last revelation...

i found a way to get even better resists, and even more health :)

its taken u this long & uve been playin the game for how long? @_Q

naimex
15-12-05, 21:26
its taken u this long & uve been playin the game for how long? @_Q

Iīve been twisting and tweaking my tank setup since... february 2003...

had a really neat setup about halfway through neocron1.

I had to spent some time getting my con xp back after a guy lommed my tank without permission at the end of nc1.

Then we came into nc2, and i got my con xp back up some while ago, and the last couple of months ive been tweaking it even more, and more and more.

and now I finally got it to a point where I think it' s as good as it gets again..

about 10 mins ago i had to give back my ff cpu, so now my setup is flawed again until i get a new one.

Think thats the biggest problem with my setup... its based on borderline values.

Dargeshaad
15-12-05, 21:29
Think thats the biggest problem with my setup... its based on borderline values.
Arn't you also the one that firmly believes tanks shouldn't spec any points into PSU? :lol:

nobby
15-12-05, 22:54
Neocron engine doesn't support it RAWR RAWR RAWR!

Spermy
15-12-05, 23:18
Neocron engine doesn't support it RAWR RAWR RAWR!

Yes. it does.

Have the corspse inherit item attributes. It would'nt appear on the shoulders unless the equiped it and used it though.

naimex
16-12-05, 00:08
Arn't you also the one that firmly believes tanks shouldn't spec any points into PSU? :lol:

well why bother? 1 burst takes away as much health as a tl3 heal gives in its total time, so why bother spending time switching, casting, maybe casting again if miscast...

giga191
16-12-05, 00:22
your legs might be taken out...

naimex
16-12-05, 01:23
your legs might be taken out...

doesnt really change it...

if he knocks out my legs, and runs to heal, ill hit him running...

thats what im saying, whilst people waste time casting a heal, i just keep pounding rounds into em.

ZoVoS
16-12-05, 02:44
well why bother? 1 burst takes away as much health as a tl3 heal gives in its total time, so why bother spending time switching, casting, maybe casting again if miscast...

i use tl 10 heal on my tank ^_^

im not speced for deflector or self buffs or anything else. i let pe's forien buff me (i awlays seem to find a friedly pe when im fighting... ALWAYS)

30 ppu the rest psw. and if i ever get around to lomming hack ( i dont wana =[ } 65 psi

Dargeshaad
16-12-05, 08:57
Wow hmm let me think, did you ever consider that you might completely throw off your opponent's aim when you suddenly switch from being a relatively slow moving target to a fast one to cast the heal?
Why do you think in the past that some hc tanks (those with a clue) unholstered their weapon for a second when they had to reload.....that's right to throw off the opponents aim.
Furthermore, exactly what kind of burst are you talking about, with a tl3 heal you'll get about 90 hps back if i remember correctly
Oh well, what do I care, keep doing what you are doing and keep getting owned

jini
16-12-05, 10:31
Wow hmm let me think, did you ever consider that you might completely throw off your opponent's aim when you suddenly switch from being a relatively slow moving target to a fast one to cast the heal?
Why do you think in the past that some hc tanks (those with a clue) unholstered their weapon for a second when they had to reload.....that's right to throw off the opponents aim.
Furthermore, exactly what kind of burst are you talking about, with a tl3 heal you'll get about 90 hps back if i remember correctly
Couldn't have said it any better. He doesnt want to admit he might be wrong and try something different, unless he cant adopt it on his playing style.. who knows

MaGn0lia
16-12-05, 11:33
New Tank ability: Tea Bagging

naimex
16-12-05, 13:02

i will keep doing what i do, cuz believe it or not, what i do actually works.

I think the problem with all of you, is that you are annoying gankers, who at every opportunity goes out to fight people..

I am not like that, I donīt enjoy to fight.

I like duels, cuz they're fair, and I do the occasional op war just to spend a little time with those I care about in this game.

So. spells doesnīt really matter to me, cuz I so rarely use them.

jini
16-12-05, 13:14
What's it different that you do in a duel and dont do in a random fight situation, which is also more difficult, because you need to time things right and stuff like that and also be prepared for the unexpected...
Anyway I dont expect a 2years argument to be solved in here... so I retreat defeated :cool:

krynstone
16-12-05, 19:32
Imagine if the code for this was bugged and a tank could just run up to a random victim, kidnap them and run off somewhere...all while the person was perfectly healthy and just standing there:)...lolzors

Dargeshaad
16-12-05, 21:56
I think the problem with all of you, is that you are annoying gankers, who at every opportunity goes out to fight people..

Yes let's all sit in our appartment and drink some tea. Sir I say sir, can i bother you with a nice cup of Earl Grey?

Some of us *gasp* the annoying gankers *gasp* actually play this game for what it encourages....PvP. I'm not telling you not to play it the way you like, but you'd be amazed how much better you get from (and how much a rush you get) from actually perticipating in those random gankings as you prefer to call it.

giga191
16-12-05, 22:01
Yes let's all sit in our appartment and drink some tea. Sir I say sir, can i bother you with a nice cup of Earl Grey?

Some of us *gasp* the annoying gankers *gasp* actually play this game for what it encourages....PvP. I'm not telling you not to play it the way you like, but you'd be amazed how much better you get from (and how much a rush you get) from actually perticipating in those random gankings as you prefer to call it. come kill more FF noobs at cycrow so we can laugh at them when they say you h4x on vent. no i'm not anti FF guys, i just want some people to learn from their mistakes

naimex
16-12-05, 22:33

Some of us *gasp* the annoying gankers *gasp* actually play this game for what it encourages....PvP. I'm not telling you not to play it the way you like, but you'd be amazed how much better you get from (and how much a rush you get) from actually perticipating in those random gankings as you prefer to call it.

I did once, and I enjoyed it once, but I play for totally different reasons these days, and I have been for a long time now.

Marx
16-12-05, 22:40
Dex based first aid (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=104299).

Dargeshaad
17-12-05, 01:56
come kill more FF noobs at cycrow so we can laugh at them when they say you h4x on vent. no i'm not anti FF guys, i just want some people to learn from their mistakes
Lack....motivation :(