PDA

View Full Version : training monk intelligence : so slow !

calim
13-12-05, 12:57
Hello,

I have a PPU (a french one lol, the community is NOT dead :) ) which is INT lvl 79 (without chip). global lvl 60. Yesterday i lommed implant skill to research, to see if doing some research jobs will grow INT a bit faster. No way it's fucking slow ( for a research TL40, i only get 1K INT'xp by run ! ). Kill mobs ... last day i did 2 hours in DoY tunnels, i got one PSI level, but no INT points.....

What the mess with PPU monks ??? Any ideas ?

SorkZmok
13-12-05, 13:38
I think it's ok these days, once you will cap psi you will have 80ish int base, with the right implants thats enough to wear a heavy (fire) belt. And that's pretty much all you ever need. PSU isn't important anymore these days, with a gaya glove you'll cap frequency on every spell anyway.

I got an old monk i leveled back on saturn when int xp was real bad. Got 150 mil psi xp and 20 mil int. o_O

calim
13-12-05, 13:49
Thank you for that answer !

Preach
13-12-05, 14:42
Int is a shit storm, if you want to cap your int through normal lvling methods you will have WOC Psi before you do. To cap it effectively, lom to complete reearch and res tech parts and such for your clan and hang out in TH doing jobs

eLcHi
13-12-05, 14:44
I know some little APU

936 Mil Psi Exp
313 Mil Int Exp

riiiiiiiiiiight

calim
13-12-05, 14:53
Int is a shit storm, if you want to cap your int through normal lvling methods you will have WOC Psi before you do. To cap it effectively, lom to complete reearch and res tech parts and such for your clan and hang out in TH doing jobs

Any time approximation ? is it *really* more effective than "normal" methods ?
In another hand, if i completly lom to research, i will loose real INT levels ... ;(

Preach
13-12-05, 15:40
wait till you actually cap psi first, you wont lose that many levels at that point, seriously its worth it. As posted before, you will only level your int until it hits 99 with imps and you can wear heavy belts, at that point you will still have upto 10 int levels still left to go which is 50 points going unused.

We did some test and you get approx 1/3 int xp compared to Psi xp from mob grinding

It isnt as bad if you are a pure PPU. If you spec completely into psi use then there is no point in gaining the extra int points as it will only give you a slightly larger mana pool. On the other hand if your a monk with another int skill i.e poking and especailly hacking you will need those extra 50 points to make your char as optimal as possible

Preach
13-12-05, 15:45
Any time approximation ? is it *really* more effective than "normal" methods ?
In another hand, if i completly lom to research, i will loose real INT levels ... ;(

The time taken to cap your int through research isnt at all bad when compared to lvling it through grinding. If you research dificult items like Raptor Drones and tech parts (i only say these because a clan would ahve plenty to get on with) then its going to take you 2 -3 weeks of game time.

If your not in a clan the only other option is too do tl150 and do a lot running backwards and forwards or doing a load whilst sat in a chair. This is an extremely boring technique but the rewards are immense soul light and good cash.

Don't attempt to lvl your int whilst afk if you know what i mean, its a bannable offence.

amex[TMG]
13-12-05, 19:58
i've heard that an apu gains int trough using the holy pestilence modul(takeover from nc1) realy quick is it right or mystic

calim
13-12-05, 20:38
Be a scientific for 3 weeks :) Not a that bad program !
How many INT levels will i loose by loming PSI completly ? 2? 3 ?