PDA

View Full Version : I would never play another class ^_^

Spermy
13-12-05, 11:31
But my tank :D

Love it. Love the PA, love the weapons, especially the gatlings :D

Love the character.

Wouldn't change him for the world, I have other classes and I do use them, but not half as much as Phayse (wub wub). He's got his faults and drawbacks, but I can't put him away.

Just something about tanks I reckon :p

Whats yer fave class and why?

n3m
13-12-05, 11:38
What, you like gatlings? Never would have guessed. :p

Yeah tank's my fav too, he was the second char I ever started.

jini
13-12-05, 11:43
favourite class is PE, for the complexity and the variety of psi/guns/stealth.
I do miss aoe.
I find tanks boring because of no variety, but indeed the new gat simply rules.
Second best class is spy+ rifles, but you can also do the same using a pe and the rifle i like the most, FL/Dissie, even thought the pe needs 3 dugs for that

eLcHi
13-12-05, 11:44
Love my PEs (all 3 of em ;) )

Because they are so versatile and fun ... and the "Duel Kings" tbh ^_^

I played lots of PE setups in my time ... only a few actually missing ;)

Never did a SH or HL PE (only went up to RoG with rifles ... back when it was good)

Did about every variation of PistolPE i can think of ;)

Had a HC PE, had a MC PE, had a HC/MC Hybrid PE (TL90 Energy Soulblade ftw)

My Puss in Boots explored the Skies in her Gliders and even piloted a DOY Hoverbomber ... she cleared the wastes of countless Firemobs and Warbots in her Rhino ... Poke, Hack, Rep, Rec and LOADS of fun

Never did a Droner PE tho ... can they still cap all drones like in NC1 ? (With heavy druggage that is)

PEs are just plain sexeh :D

james_finn
13-12-05, 11:49
Lol here I am going to get flamed hehehe

I love my PPU ive had him since just after nc1 retail, and hes still good fun to play! I just love ressing people and then buffing them, Im not too much of a fan of PvP especially as it is at the moment because imho nib buffing is ******** and I disagree with para!

RogerRamjet
13-12-05, 11:55
Tank is my favourite hands down, next to rifle spy.

My next favourite has to be my no PA PPU, i fucking love him. He's fast, looks cool, (got 95 INT ^^^), and i can hit with him.

jini
13-12-05, 11:56
Lol here I am going to get flamed hehehe

I love my PPU ive had him since just after nc1 retail, and hes still good fun to play! I just love ressing people and then buffing them, Im not too much of a fan of PvP especially as it is at the moment because imho nib buffing is ******** and I disagree with para!
why flame?
ppus are indeed the MOST skilled class out there, my only complain is i found them very passive

LTA
13-12-05, 12:01
Pistol Spy even tho i dont have one and lost my one from Pandore but it was plenty of fun for me, speed and a sexy exe and having to do everything to turn a bit of paper into card :p

sultana
13-12-05, 12:06
My PE, more specifically my lowtech rifle PE using a pain easer (silenced pain easer though, there's no way I can be taken seriously with that thing normally). And for the reason (a little unlike jini's) that he's simple. 1 drug being nightspider and that's it, no taking 3 drugs to use a slasher or whatever else.

Playing my ppu has its good points. However they've been lost on me after I powerlevelled about 20 or so characters.

jini
13-12-05, 12:12
My PE, more specifically my lowtech rifle PE using a pain easer (silenced pain easer though, there's no way I can be taken seriously with that thing normally). And for the reason (a little unlike jini's) that he's simple. 1 drug being nightspider and that's it, no taking 3 drugs to use a slasher or whatever else.

Playing my ppu has its good points. However they've been lost on me after I powerlevelled about 20 or so characters.
doh, sultana lol, we agree again ... jini uses no rare TL92 pistol and a NO drug setup, and this is why i am using and enjoy my pe ;)
(tbh jini is lommed, like crucnhy to cst for WoC, but ill lom him back, not that much time to do it and since im here for the fun...)

scarshapedstar
13-12-05, 12:15
I will never play a PE.

Bloom
13-12-05, 12:16
My favorite is PPU, yes they are passive but great for team work and if u want solo with them just get good cluster and go kill some WabBits. (Do not use para and try to avoid PvP and in case i'm involved in some PvP buff also other part if they dont have PPU that way is more fair imo)

Other char I like to play is hacknet hacker (spy). Had some real fun in TH bridgelink :P

Bloom.

Bugs Gunny
13-12-05, 12:17
I played all classes.

It's true that a GOOD ppu is one of the hardest to play, but then i'm talking one ppu that keeps a 4-5 man team alive, not what most ppus nowadays do : one ppu per fighter and spares for paraspam.

Most favorite class was my hc pe, hacking belts, repping and driving rhino and combat trike. Great moneymaker and good in pvp too.

But all in all i find most of my joy in spies and pes. Monks and hybrids i've capped too, capped a hybrid tank and deleted him when i was realy drunk and felt like i needed another pe...... I still feel bad for killing off that char.

RogerRamjet
13-12-05, 12:29
I played all classes.

It's true that a GOOD ppu is one of the hardest to play, but then i'm talking one ppu that keeps a 4-5 man team alive, not what most ppus nowadays do : one ppu per fighter and spares for paraspam.

Dude, you would have spaffed over Uranus OP fights.

Bugs Gunny
13-12-05, 12:41
Well, when i started out playing i was unsure wether to go for pluto or saturn.
Going in uranus never appealed to me too much :angel:

But i do remember opfights with templars in nc1 where it was two ppus for an entire opteam.

james_finn
13-12-05, 12:43
hell as phoenix now were lucky if we have two PPU's - and yes we loose, but we have a good time all the same!

You dont need 30 million PPUs to opfight if the PPU is good then two should be enough!

RogerRamjet
13-12-05, 12:45
Well, when i started out playing i was unsure wether to go for pluto or saturn.
Going in uranus never appealed to me too much :angel:

But i do remember opfights with templars in nc1 where it was two ppus for an entire opteam.

Seems thats what most people thought of Uranus. It wasnt hardcore like saturn, or more towards RP like Pluto, just in the middle.

SorkZmok
13-12-05, 13:52
My pistol spy, obviously. :)

Kazuya
13-12-05, 15:24
my tank forusure is my favourite but when i had pistol pe i had lot of fun with him (i was good tho it seems)

vashtyphoon78
13-12-05, 16:33
I love my rifle spy. always have. always will. i mean what isnt fun about hitting someone halfway across a zone with a Silent Hunter and then watching them flail around like little rats trying to hide from my bullets

:D

Eckhart
13-12-05, 16:46
Tank, because he was my first (as still my only capped) character. :)

sanityislost
13-12-05, 16:53
Its still APU's and always will be APU's.
Never really been one to have a ppu up my ass except when lvling or at op
fights when there is a group of about 5 of us.

Havent got one atm since i lommed it to PPU for abit

SiL ..:..

Spermy
13-12-05, 17:32
Seems thats what most people thought of Uranus. It wasnt hardcore like saturn, or more towards RP like Pluto, just in the middle.

I was quite happy with uranus

Decent pops - And a decent community

And yeah - OPs had max like 3 PPus, and that was at the massive fights! But that was mainly a sign of the times, due to patches etc

Dribble Joy
13-12-05, 17:54
Judge PE, obviously.
Been judge long before it was viable. In fact almost 3 years of using nothing but.

Spermy
13-12-05, 17:59
Judge PE, obviously.
Been judge long before it was viable. In fact almost 3 years of using nothing but.

Gatling you fool... You have access to a speedie, yet you roll a PE and go judge?!

You fool! :eek:

RogerRamjet
13-12-05, 18:30
I was quite happy with uranus

Decent pops - And a decent community

And yeah - OPs had max like 3 PPus, and that was at the massive fights! But that was mainly a sign of the times, due to patches etc

I honestly could have continued happily ambling on Uranus even without having extra content/weapons/gfx.

I miss random things like the assuring warmth of knowing Radeonx is at CRP, or the mere name of "WU WANG" in local would send whole cave teams scattering.

Dribble Joy
13-12-05, 18:46
Pity my memories of Uranus are tainted by those of the alliance wars.

Spermy
13-12-05, 18:46
I honestly could have continued happily ambling on Uranus even without having extra content/weapons/gfx.

I miss random things like the assuring warmth of knowing Radeonx is at CRP, or the mere name of "WU WANG" in local would send whole cave teams scattering.

Yeah... those were the days... Uranus woooo...

Pity my memories of Uranus are tainted by those of the alliance wars.

I think it got worse once we were shoved in the dome. Infighting in teh angels damn near tore 'em apart.

QuakCow
13-12-05, 18:48
frustrating as he may be, i love my pistol spy the most

...damn swamp caves...

Dribble Joy
13-12-05, 19:26
I mean the whole sYn/uts/etc stuff, you know, the abuse, the raids.... the death threats.....

Mystic-Crusader
13-12-05, 19:33
Tank ofc. Perferably HC but some say im better MC (im hc atm).. switched between both some many times i capped con before str :lol:
I have had about 2 pes 1 monk and 1 spy i've deleted all in the 90+ skills area all the i enjoyed. Currently i have apu, rc pe and rc spy as my other 3. APU's going blessed hyb and pe probably judge :rolleyes:
If theres a fight im on my tank just coz i love him and tbh hes the only char i've tooken time to setup right, unless ofc theres need for HAB or hacker.

Mr Kot
13-12-05, 20:19
I love my PE the best.

Versatile, decent attack, decent defences, can even be a kind of ppu in ppu-less teams. Not to mention i love all the techtoys they can use - so much prettier looking than apu spells. AoE is possible with a rocket pistol, but a little disappointing. I love him to bits and will never delete him. I have never LOMmed him to any great extent either. He has always been pistol and for the forseeable future, always will be.

When i'm in the mood for some big time, hi-power killing..my 2nd fave char is my apu. Sometimes i may wander alone in the desert soloing Grim Chasers...because i can. There is a weird pleasure i get too from barrelling lots and lots of small mobs that are all clustered together, like in caves and dungeons etc.

@ Spermy: Wasn't Phayse a PE once? I have a vague recollection of an old sig of yours with the name Phayse plastered over a picture of a PE model. The PE looked a little like mine, but with a gayer hairdo :p

prozium
13-12-05, 20:43
I love my PPU ! yeah i said it . i love him the best out of my hyb tank , apu , and spy droner, He is the funnest class to play Imo. Especially when you have an awsome clan there to back you up and you to them. I hardly ever die, but yet i hardly never kill anyone either =), I love playing the support role and it fills me with a sense of accomplishment whenever i save my clanmates life or help my clanmates to do the killin. gogo PPU !

I dunno, I just like playing a ppu for some reason, I even leveled him up as a ppu straight from being born, no apu the lom to ppu bs. hehe

Kierz
13-12-05, 20:55
Melee tank ftw ^^

(I'd play my hc tank more if they weren't so damn slow)

Koshinn
13-12-05, 20:56
favourite class is PE, for the complexity and the variety of psi/guns/stealth.
I do miss aoe.
I find tanks boring because of no variety, but indeed the new gat simply rules.
Second best class is spy+ rifles, but you can also do the same using a pe and the rifle i like the most, FL/Dissie, even thought the pe needs 3 dugs for that

1 drug for FL/Dissie.

I like my Judge PE. I was using a Judge back before I knew drugs existed, back before PA and before MC5 chips.

Superbron
13-12-05, 23:40
Still love my first character: Duke Nukem. Loved him even better when he was a melee tank. Uranus ftw!

Skusty
13-12-05, 23:45
Hmm...i don't know, but i would never delete Apu, tank or spy because i had'em for more than a year and i had done so much work on'em.

But pe is fun, would't deletehim either.

Asurmen Spec Op
13-12-05, 23:47
my main account has all PEs.
Spys are cool, but I dont use em for combat
Im just not a tank man

that covers all classes in the game

giga191
13-12-05, 23:54
PE, never been much of a spy person, tanks die to easily and they all have the same setup, monks are too easy.

onero S
14-12-05, 03:49
My apu hybrid is loads of fun, kinda like playing a PE but the monk version

ArmandeHammer
14-12-05, 04:17
Loved my tank in NC1 he was the reason I'm giving this another go, finally got my chars transfered today and of course my chars were corrupt so gonna have to make him again I guess =/

RogerRamjet
14-12-05, 10:36
I mean the whole sYn/uts/etc stuff, you know, the abuse, the raids.... the death threats.....

Rofl, when Neptune and Decimator left sYn they got death threats. I found it funny though :wtf:

solling
14-12-05, 14:08
my favorite is tanks most fun class to play and > pes unless they be drugged to high heaven and taking drugs all the time just aint fun

play my apu mostley in op fights.

eLcHi
14-12-05, 14:33
my favorite is tanks most fun class to play and > pes unless they be drugged to high heaven and taking drugs all the time just aint fun

Lore doesn`t know anything about PEs obviously :P

jini
14-12-05, 16:44
1 drug for FL/Dissie.

I like my Judge PE. I was using a Judge back before I knew drugs existed, back before PA and before MC5 chips.
TBH i have forgotten this could be done, but did you ever tried it kosh? I like the idea... Speed is the vulnerability here, and certainly one drug is not enuff.

Edit: yep it seems viable... thx kosh. i now have a viable PE FL setup... 2drugs tho, 1 is impossible and not fully capping the gun :(, but viable and lethal

solling
14-12-05, 17:00
Lore doesn`t know anything about PEs obviously :P

cough casius > puss in boots :P

well PE used to be my favorite class back in nc1 cuz they looks SO godamn cool with the sunglasses and all + i think ppus was used less cuz i dont seem to remeber them being EVERYWHERE wich also made pes more fun

i guess xbow pe would be fun with their very good damage and defence but bleh dont have the patience to lvl one

kurai
14-12-05, 17:01
My rifle spy. :D

It was created at start of Pluto in late 2002, been lommed to hell and back, transferred to NC2, but never re-rolled.

I play virtually no other characters, and never really have. My extra slots are basically redundant.

I've tried all the other classes and variants, but nothing seems to offer the challenge/fun that the rifle spy does for me, so it doesn't take long before I'm back on him.

eLcHi
14-12-05, 17:57
cough casius > puss in boots :P

WRONG !

Proof! (http://www.freedomforce.fi/casius_silvana.wmv)

You knew this would be coming right ? ;)

(Disclaimer: Silvana Starbreeze & Puss in Boots have the same Setup and are both my chars ;) )

Tratos
14-12-05, 18:03
Im really enjoying playing my tank atm as my spy is a pain in the arse to get going in PvP with the current set up he has, my monk isnt capped as i dont play him i've just always has an APU called Quoth, lol and my second spy is quite low but i think im going to level him and not have a drug whore setup so i can have the best of both worlds :)

Scaramanga
15-12-05, 02:46
Spys. Don't why exactly.

Terayon
15-12-05, 03:36
Pe's.

I liked em alot better in nc1 becouse they looked so awsome with a TPC. Its realy annoying how they got the huge boost with the skill changes and the beast adding h-c. I would still have a h-c pe if they didnt change so much stuff.

Kallima
15-12-05, 08:21
right now im not very sure.

i like my tank a lot again after LOMing him back to pure HC and im thinking of making a hybrid after playing on my friends. so.. hybrid and tank.

Blausiegel
15-12-05, 09:35
I agree, Tank is at the moment by far the funniest class i know.
Just lomed Behemoth to a lowtech hybrid...and it owns! :D
Its just so cool with devourer and claw, ofcourse without the damn freezers. :P

But if i hadn't said "No!" to myself, i would still play a PPU as a main like in the 2 years ago...and you dont want that... ;)

Regards
Blausiegel

.hack//sign
15-12-05, 09:45
damn gryphon, i remember when you were just a little niblet in rangers lvling at tezla off reaper spiders and raptors^_^ you were so cute :lol:

solling
15-12-05, 10:33
You knew this would be coming right ?
im better on tank now and u r rustier on pe :P dident i win when we duels in foster ug ? think so lol but yeh that was one hell of a fight :D

Spermy
15-12-05, 11:47
damn gryphon, i remember when you were just a little niblet in rangers lvling at tezla off reaper spiders and raptors^_^ you were so cute :lol:

Sex.

:p

And those motherfuckers were HARD!

cRazy-
15-12-05, 11:54
It was created at start of Pluto in late 2002, been lommed to hell and back, transferred to NC2, but never re-rolled.

I play virtually no other characters, and never really have. My extra slots are basically redundant.

Pretty much the same except I rolled my rifle spy in early 2003 (last character before I quit)

Im also only using one slot for my pistol PE.

And so far PE is my favourate, its easy to cap and im very lazy when it comes to tedious levelling.

I also like its versitility when it comes down to Psi, armour, damage etc.

Bugs Gunny
15-12-05, 12:07
i guess xbow pe would be fun with their very good damage and defence but bleh dont have the patience to lvl one

Xbow has good dammage yes, and with the current reload it IS overpowered when used on other reloaders. Good defence?
It's basicaly a hightech pe, and i even lowered mine down to 100 total resist value. I think i'm going to lower my health next and put some points into vehicle use. Allways wanted to be a BD biker :-)

ZoVoS
15-12-05, 14:19
Xbow has good dammage yes, and with the current reload it IS overpowered when used on other reloaders. Good defence?
It's basicaly a hightech pe, and i even lowered mine down to 100 total resist value. I think i'm going to lower my health next and put some points into vehicle use. Allways wanted to be a BD biker :-)

mmm i sooo wana see u driving through the waste

BOMBER TO PILOT BOMBER TO PILOT OVER THAT BIKE

RODGER THAT

BOMBS AWAY

RogerRamjet
15-12-05, 15:33

I remember sitting on that big hill and grant and picking you guys off with a commando sniper rifle ^^

Good old days :(

Spermy
15-12-05, 17:55
I remember sitting on that big hill and grant and picking you guys off with a commando sniper rifle ^^

Good old days :(

Join exiles!

GRRR!

RogerRamjet
15-12-05, 18:01
Hmm, still not playing Terra atm.

Maybe one day i'll return :p