PDA

View Full Version : Finding people and places?

Kiang
13-12-05, 06:45
Is there some kind of NPC look up tool, or detailed maps of the different areas for Neocron? Im having the hardest time finding people for missions and places for missions. The Nav doesnt list everything or every place. I start a mission and the first thing I run into is a place thats not listed in Nav. Also I dont allways get the little arrow with the persons name as to where they are so I get stuck not being able to find them. Or I am told to go to a new area thats not listed in the Nav to find a person thats not showing up. I try to ask in Help, but its not allways easy to get an answer there. Esspecially when I need details. Just was hoping there was a better way to go about finding these things. Thanks in advance.

joran420
13-12-05, 07:08
you could always ask for more detailed help on the forum....be specific :P

IceStorm
13-12-05, 07:15
The Nav doesnt list everything or every place. I start a mission and the first thing I run into is a place thats not listed in Nav.What specific place? What kind of mission?

nc.synergyxr.net maintains a relatively complete set of Epic Run walkthroughs with people and places, if that helps.
Also I dont allways get the little arrow with the persons name as to where they are so I get stuck not being able to find them. Or I am told to go to a new area thats not listed in the Nav to find a person thats not showing up.NavRay takes a bit of getting used to, especially in DoY where there are entirely too many vertical levels per zone (that and it flat out doesn't work in certain DoY zones).

There's also this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=127709) about where faction NPCs are for Epic Kills.

Kiang
13-12-05, 18:46
Ok well basicly I am trying to find Rick Boujord who works for Proto Pharma. He is supposed to be out at El Farid. Ive been out there and cannot find him anywhere. Hints say hes down from the gen rep. I havnt seen a Gen rep out there. There are two buildings as far as I can make out just above a lake. Im pretty darn sure thats El Farid. It lines up right with the details on the world map. Anyhow. With that link that link that Icestorm just posted I think Ill go take another look. Mostly I was just hoping there was a more detailed map out there that I could look at. Was also hopeing someone had made an NPC locator for static NPC's. That way I could look them up and get a general idea where they are. Anyhow, thanks again for the help. =)

Spermy
13-12-05, 18:51
Ok well basicly I am trying to find Rick Boujord who works for Proto Pharma. He is supposed to be out at El Farid. Ive been out there and cannot find him anywhere. Hints say hes down from the gen rep. I havnt seen a Gen rep out there.

Yeah

He's a very near the GR buildings just head a little west.

From the lake go north.. there's a few clusters of buildings. One on top of a hill, one down the hill... the one down is also the scorpion undercity, where tanks can level (;)) If you need help - Direct me ingame - I still haven't figured why you won't show...

It IS

K L A N G

ingame yes?

There are two buildings as far as I can make out just above a lake. Im pretty darn sure thats El Farid. It lines up right with the details on the world map. Anyhow. With that link that link that Icestorm just posted I think Ill go take another look. Mostly I was just hoping there was a more detailed map out there that I could look at. Was also hopeing someone had made an NPC locator for static NPC's. That way I could look them up and get a general idea where they are. Anyhow, thanks again for the help. =)

Yeah

I might try to do that at some point methinks... *Pokes KK* Anyway to find out how an entities postion is recorded?

Kiang
13-12-05, 18:55
No I dont know how an entities position is recorded. Are you about to tell me that I can record people locations some how?

kurai
13-12-05, 18:57
Aaaah - El Farid. :D

For almost the first 3 years of the game's life the Navray to generep in that sector pointed to completely the wrong set of buildings - is that still the case ?

(Even if it's still broken it *could* be worse - one of the northern sector genereps used to materialise you 2000 feet up in the air - high enough that, with a morbidly ironic twist, you would actually regain a point or two of Synaptic Impairment before you went splat on the desert :lol: )

kurai
13-12-05, 18:59
No I dont know how an entities position is recorded. Are you about to tell me that I can record people locations some how?
You could always just stand next to the NPC with RPOS sector map open and take a screenshot. Cut out the map image and edit/save with an annotation.

Spermy
13-12-05, 19:13

Sorry - That was directed at ReaKKtor staff ( Hence the KK) :angel: