PDA

View Full Version : Psi Monks

ighost
13-12-05, 06:42
wow. i loved my assassin, then i created a Psi Monk, they are awesome. but is there anyt secret to them that makes them even awesomer, like the best spells?

Asurmen Spec Op
13-12-05, 07:11
wow. i loved my assassin, then i created a Psi Monk, they are awesome. but is there anyt secret to them that makes them even awesomer, like the best spells?
Aye, get a PPU, nothing is good till you cant get hurt, then you can be an Uber pvper, join TG clans, and act cool.

and we'll all pretent we care

onero S
13-12-05, 07:40
Aye, get a PPU, nothing is good till you cant get hurt, then you can be an Uber pvper, join TG clans, and act cool.

and we'll all pretent we care

lol this made me giggle inside

for an apu, most people use Holy Lightning (hl) as their weapon of choice endgame. For lvling energy tends to be the best as many mobs are resistant to fire and I have yet to find one that energy does not eat for lunch :)

As you start out go just enouph ppu to get your heal and deflector, put the rest in apu and ppw (with enouph mst so you can cast your spells)

RogerRamjet
13-12-05, 12:51
The only energy resistant mods are soul clusters in the worm tunnels at Yutano and Tescom.

Dribble Joy
13-12-05, 13:41
Hva e a selection of spells to use for leveling. Warbots and most mechanical mobs are weaker to fire, so a Fire apocalpse (rare fire spell) is better for killing them. There's no xray based spells atm, so stick with energy when fighting fire mobs.

ighost
13-12-05, 17:17
i'm still new, what's PPU?

Dribble Joy
13-12-05, 17:48
PPU is short for passive psi use. Monks who speciallise in this are called PPUs.
They have various healing and other abilities.

ighost
14-12-05, 00:31
oh, PPU's sound boring

Zeninja
14-12-05, 02:29
oh, PPU's sound boring
Not as much as trolls do, actually.

Asurmen Spec Op
14-12-05, 02:42
Not as much as trolls do, actually.
not as much as your attempted insults

eprodigy
14-12-05, 02:53
PPus? boring?? you can make your enemy glued to the ground so he cant fight back! (is very fun)

ighost
14-12-05, 18:05
hmm, it's soundling a little more interesting. i thought they just ran around healing people and putting charms and crap on them.

eprodigy
15-12-05, 03:38
i hope what i said wasnt. i really do...

ighost
15-12-05, 18:08
you know i was thinking, what if they shoot? they will still be able to shoot back. that's why i like to catch them on fire, that'll stop them from shooting.

ighost
16-12-05, 09:22
okay, i have another question with Psi Monks. to get the really good armor you have to go to DoY, right? but if you start in NC, everyone in DoY want's to kill you. so as you lvl, do they slowly, but gradually not want to kill you, or are you destined to buy them through a trade channel.

Preach
16-12-05, 13:28
Im afraid DOY will hate you forever and ever as it should be. The best plan is to get in a clan, they are sure to have anti city people they use for getting such items, PE armours from bd, And of course monk equipment from the church.

Other option is to make an anti in one of your free slots to get the gear yourself or just ask on trade, There are plenty of chranies so it shouldn't be too hard, just watch what they charge you

Dribble Joy
16-12-05, 16:00
TechHaven (in the centre of the worldmap), is a big safezone where most inter city trading happens.

ighost
16-12-05, 18:22
okay, back to killing Aggresor Captain for me until i'm big enough to go to the center of the map =D

Dromidas
30-12-05, 00:39
Actually the most fun I've had as a ppu was having 1 person try to kill me and I whip out a TL15 sword and kill them with it. They stick around till they're running low on health and then I para em and chase them down and finish them off.
It might take 5 minutes to kill them but it sure is hilarious when they die.