PDA

View Full Version : So is it worth it?

Rith
12-12-05, 20:33
I've still not managed to motivate myself to try out the free NC2.1... but its managed to get my curiosity to a level where I might even remotely consider it.

Before I leap into that breach once more here's 20 easy questions to gauge how far the game has gone:

Do you still get kicked out of the game whilst syncing (usually at really inconvenient moments)
Do you still get 'Fatal Run Time Errors' during intense fire fights or after entering heavily populated areas
During PVP does your opponent still fly upwards into the sky just when you think you've got the upper hand
Does the memory footprint still grow until your 2 GBs of RAM are being squeezed by this game
Do you occasionally sync into a completely random part of the game world (i.e. someone elses apartment instead of your own)
Do you still lose items randomly or during roll-back
Has item tracking finally been implemented and does it resolve the above
Are PSI-Monks still stupidly over-powered
Are PEs still gimped and pointless in OP fights
Do OP wars still lag like crazy when you get more than 10 v 10
Do OP wars involving more than 10 v 10 still occur
Do you still sync out of your vehicle when trying to drive across zones
Does Neofrag still lag like a bitch
Does the PSI cast animation still look completely gay
Do the character models still look completely gay
Do you still have to do those pointless faction hopping, time sinking epic-quests to be able to be a viable OP war character
Is the high level content still 'grind stupidly high level Mobs for uber-rare that drops 1 in 2 million'
Do people still rampantly exploit and get away with it
Are the GMs still upstanding, absolutely non-exploiting and totally impartial individuals
Do KK over-promise, under-deliver and occasionally botch the servers and lose everyone's progress for the past few days/weeks/month

TIA

Rithy

Tratos
12-12-05, 20:45
Do you still get kicked out of the game whilst syncing (usually at really inconvenient moments)
No - or not much
Do you still get 'Fatal Run Time Errors' during intense fire fights or after entering heavily populated areas
No its more the random ones which are still there i dont get many though
During PVP does your opponent still fly upwards into the sky just when you think you've got the upper hand
Hasnt for me thus far - some clipping still happens
Does the memory footprint still grow until your 2 GBs of RAM are being squeezed by this game
This hasnt happened for me in month and months
Do you occasionally sync into a completely random part of the game world (i.e. someone elses apartment instead of your own)
I think this has happened a couple times while pops have been a bit higher
I havnt
No idea - dont think so.
Yes - the community forums are currently trying and discussing lots of suggestions to sort this
I wasn't aware they were pointless in the first place
Not sure but with 2.1 my FPS in the wastes can now be up to 60-70 FPS with everything all the way up/
Yes.
Nope - or its better atleast
Probably - i dont use NF
They're the same since NC2 if thats what you mean
Again they're the same since NC2 if thats what you mean
Do you still have to do those pointless faction hopping, time sinking epic-quests to be able to be a viable OP war character
Que?
Is the high level content still 'grind stupidly high level Mobs for uber-rare that drops 1 in 2 million'
No - the high level quests are getting better for getting the items you just need some effort to use em
Not that i know of.
Are the GMs still upstanding, absolutely non-exploiting and totally impartial individuals
KK are now harder on their GMs and get rid of the nasties
Do KK over-promise, under-deliver and occasionally botch the servers and lose everyone's progress for the past few days/weeks/month
Hasnt happened in a while, only thing like that was <12 hours worth of appartment transactions which was actualy a gain to some people.

"So is it worth it?" - Give it a go tbh but remember 2.1 was mainly a graphics overhaul but other stuff has been fixed also the storyline is just getting under way again.

elGringo
12-12-05, 20:48
If you hate the game that much and feel like ranting, why dont you just grab yourself by the balls and bugger the fuck off ?
bye! :)

P.S: If you want to find out wether you like it better compared to when you left, give it a try.. thats why the trial is free dude. My impression is that you dont even possibly expect anything to be good ...which is a pretty stupid attitude imo... I was gonna answer your Q's in detail.. but after having read them half way I was wondering why there were ?'s instead of !111 at the end of each line :)

Rith
12-12-05, 21:08
If you hate the game that much and feel like ranting, why dont you just grab yourself by the balls and bugger the fuck off ?
bye! :)

P.S: If you want to find out wether you like it better compared to when you left, give it a try.. thats why the trial is free dude. My impression is that you dont even possibly expect anything to be good ...which is a pretty stupid attitude imo... I was gonna answer your Q's in detail.. but after having read them half way I was wondering why there were ?'s instead of !111 at the end of each line :)

So lets see...

On grabbing myself by the balls and buggering a fuck - I'm tempted to try that simply in tribute to such creative genius.

In terms of finding out if its better, well given how far the game had fallen by the time I quit, I'd rather ask if its better in terms that are easily quantifiable and relevant to myself [still with me?]. Thus I posted 20 simple [a phrase you're undoubtedly all too familiar with] questions, looking for easy yes/no answers with possbility some qualifications

Based on one response it looks like the games gone a long way, might of been interesting to see your response, but as you pointed out your attention span waned part way through. Do give it another go though, would be fascinating to see if you concur.

On why there's no 11101101s, I tend not to molest the english language more than is absolutely necessary.

R

Riddle
13-12-05, 11:22
I've still not managed to motivate myself to try out the free NC2.1... but its managed to get my curiosity to a level where I might even remotely consider it.

Before I leap into that breach once more here's 20 easy questions to gauge how far the game has gone:

No , not had one of these in a while
Only had these on use of trade window tbh and then only a few times
Not seen this since the beginning of this game
Not personally
Had this twice but both times very high pops in area but harmless none the less
well the first rollback i have seen in a very long time happened this week tbh, and then they only rolled back apartments so no players Lost XP.
Item tracking not in game yet.
Yes :D but me thinks not for long
WIth Monks the way they are and the new reload animation then most classes are pointless at OP wars :lol:
Not for me
YES
Nope
Nope
Still the same as NC2 launch got used to it tbh
Still the same as NC2 launch You saying my char looks Gay?
Nope you can always just Buy it! at the end of the day they are epic rewards if you want more than one then its going to involve some time this is a MMO not CS
Few more areas with nifty quests for High end Chars but the same as most MMO grind will be an element
Dunno , not that i know
If your referring to the issues in NC1 then its improved loads, there are some great GM's all though we need more :angel:
See my point on rollback, NO XP LOSS (good decision) as for under deliver NOPE, Seems like KK has had a breath of fresh air. They promised Evo2.1 1st DEC and it arrived 1st Dec! The changes were as promised and we even got a few additional surprises :D

TIA

Rithy

Try it!
EVo2.1 not only added cool looking areas and weapons but they managed to keep my frame rate above 40 in the wastes, so OP wars are greatly improved :D

Bugs Gunny
13-12-05, 12:08
Yes to all but N°7.

RogerRamjet
13-12-05, 12:42
Rofl, some replies in this thread are great.

Riddle
13-12-05, 13:30
I think everyones experience of the game is different :-

Take Bugs reply YES to all but 7 8|
so no.12

12.Do you still sync out of your vehicle when trying to drive across zones

Bugs - Yes

Me - Never had this happen to me since NC2 launch so i think its not a problem.

May aswell try it out see what happens to you :lol:

Xian
13-12-05, 13:56
Rith! Just come back, give it a try and whatnot, at least to see how MB is now :p

Drag some of the old lot back with you... and since when were PEs useless? You and biccy proved that point wrong in the clan hut too many times :D

From my experience:

1. Not in my experience, although it may be different for others still
2. "
3. Doesn't seem so, as said there's still some clipping.
4. Mine hovers at 550MB/2000 odd in any situation. So.. improved, to an extent.
5. Have only had it occur on the recent server buggery night.
6. No idea.
7. "
8. Mostly.
9. No.
10. No.
11. Yes.
12. Been across the whole map twice now on vhcs and never had it happen.
13. Sod knows.
14. Like spike on a frilly pink bender.
15. You get used to it.
16. It depends on your definition of viable. It's still easier than listening to spike.
17. No idea.
18. Show me the MMORPG that doesn't have this
19. Show me the MMORPG that does have this
20. A slow but seemingly sure upshot of progress.

Bugs Gunny
13-12-05, 14:19
Try zoning in a vehicle when your drugs wore off.....
They DID fix the carriers, i took a full aircarrier across multiple zones, nobody fell out and nobody crashed.

Rith, it's still very much enjoyable if you learn to restart the game every now and then to clear ram.
Pes are a bit fucked along with all other reloading weapon users, since there is now a 6-12 second reload animation, which prevents you to heal or stealth while the gun reloads.

People still fly up and down and clip, you learn to live with it.

Some nice new content was introduced and the storyline is on track again.

What it all comes down to is that you have to accept the bugs and learn to live with them. Once you can find peace with them it's fun to play.

Magnasan
13-12-05, 21:27
Good news for you Rith is that inside Mil base is a safe zone :p I found that out the other day when i was trying it. It's defo better than NC1 from what i've seen. Managed to get lost around DoY as well 8|

Scaramanga
17-12-05, 15:23
It's definetely worth a try.
If the monk thing is an issue, make a monk.

(How'd you get on with that warlock?)