PDA

View Full Version : What Server?

Evolyze
12-12-05, 10:07
Myself and a couple friends are trying the 10 day trial, we are all in the US. From the getting started area I noticed these:

Terra - English-speaking server, 4 character slots, standard PvP settings.
Neptune - English-speaking server, 2 character slots, enhanced PvP settings.

Whats the difference between standard PvP settings and enhanced PvP settings?

Thanks.

elGringo
12-12-05, 10:10
Go Terra - Neptune is pretty empty and not much fun to play on .. I spend some time there once and again... but especially whe you're here to check out the game, go terra!

Main reason is the population .. on Terra the pops are ok, on Neptune theres just too little players online to provide good gameplay... so in case I didnt say so already, make 100% sure you pick Terra and DONT pick neptune. :)

The "PVP" Settings of Neptune dont really matter that much .. first of all you need Plyers for PvP which Neptune lacks.. and secondly NC-2 is a PvP Game .. therefor PvP is pretty fun on all servers and definitly loads better than any combat sys I've seen in otehr mmorpgs so far.

ThrillHousE
12-12-05, 11:05
Pro Neptune:

5times faster XP
Better Raredrop
No Savezones
No Saveslot
Faster Synaptic decreasing
Better Consterskill mostly multislots

Contra Neptune:

less popolution atm

xyl_az
12-12-05, 11:35
Neptune is a nice server, but untill KK does something with LE it will remain a "dead" server (with low population, people joining and leaving after a week etc).

Xp gain rate is completely nuts, you can have your char capped in a week without much troubles (playing like 2 hours a day), but in a world of LEs (remote safezones) it only increase boredom factor, as you are always safe (safe to level, safe to trade, safe to explore etc etc) as theres no danger anywhere.

Still, its a server with a big potential to be something completely different from other servers, it just needs few tweaks (LE beeing most important one, then warzone/battlefield belt drops and local list removed) to be truly unique (thus - to be able to gather people from other servers)

anyways - i'm playing it, so you can too !

"Neptune needs You" :p

elGringo
12-12-05, 11:41
Contra Neptune:

less popolution atm

less? thats by far an understatement... its close to none. Less than 10 Players = Neptune average; 300+ Players = Terra average - without at least 100'ish players you can screw neocron.

Riddle
12-12-05, 12:16
Go Terra - Population is higher and with the recent changes in zone law you can pretty much PvP where you want and there is always someone to kill :D .

Zefrian
12-12-05, 13:45
Choose Terra, because of the population.

Neptune is a nice server, but untill KK does something with LE it will remain a "dead" server (with low population, people joining and leaving after a week etc).

In my opinion, KK does not need to do anything concerning this. It's only a matter of the community! It's the runner's choice having the LE implanted or not.

A person with LE does not want PvP. It makes no difference between:
* Active LE-Runner on Neptune
* Absent runner (because of being forced playing without LE)

xyl_az
12-12-05, 18:07
Choose Terra, because of the population.

In my opinion, KK does not need to do anything concerning this. It's only a matter of the community! It's the runner's choice having the LE implanted or not.

A person with LE does not want PvP. It makes no difference between:
* Active LE-Runner on Neptune
* Absent runner (because of being forced playing without LE)

* first and most: its not about if someone wants to pvp or not - such choice belongs to normal servers and not to pvp server! Whats the reason to "choose" not to participate in pvp on a pvp server??? Whats the point of pvp server then? To wear (or not to wear) LE???

*its a common psychology that people will tend to choose the easiest option. In this case, though, such option (LE) can negate the whole meaning of pvp server. The point of pvp server (IMO) was to create a dangerous but pretty much realistic social structure where people would be (finally) responsible for their actions, just like in real life, if someone's bad - everyone will treat him accordingly. But KK placed the 'fuck off' option in game in form of LE ("fuck off, i'm not going to be responsible for my actions, due to LE i can do whatever i want and be safe forever")

example: certain marshall law allow citizens to walk freely untill 22:00 (10pm), if someone decide to walk out after that hour he will be arrested. Yet at the same time, they offer people to *choose* special LE badge which allows everyone to walk everywhere all day/night long...
What would people choose in such situation? Wouldnt it negate the whole point of marshall law?

Same situation with LEs, it offers such obvious advantages that it negates the whole point of pvp server and everyone *will* use it, because its simply too big advantage. Its not a matter of choice - its a structural flaw.

Evolyze
12-12-05, 18:19
Choosing Neptune even if low pops, xp rate x5.. that will win it for me, I hate grind. Sounds more brutal PVP wise anyway.

elGringo
12-12-05, 18:35
Choosing Neptune even if low pops, xp rate x5.. that will win it for me, I hate grind. Sounds more brutal PVP wise anyway.

Hehe... see you on terra :D
As I said.. PvP takes at least 2 people - if you like singleplayer games you're fine on neptune tho' :)

Zefrian
12-12-05, 18:51
* first and most: its not about if someone wants to pvp or not - such choice belongs to normal servers and not to pvp server! Whats the reason to "choose" not to participate in pvp on a pvp server??? Whats the point of pvp server then? To wear (or not to wear) LE???

Refusing PvP on a clearly declared PvP server does not make sense, that's right. But where are the PvP runners? If there are enough runners, which WANT to take part in PvP, then Neptune should not have that problem it now has. There's only one conclusion for me: "There are too less of runners really wanting hardcore PvP"

Well, there might really be a last experiment: "Remove LE" from Server.
But i will giggle very loud, if we will again see this: 1. week: 15%; 2. week: 10%; 3. week: 7%; 4. week: 1%; xx. week: 1% ....
And i'm somehow sure, this will happen, if the experiment will be done.
A possible reason for that: "anoying low level charakters / traders by killing them on and on"

But i'm writing offtopic here ... :( ...

@ Evolyze : I wish you as much fun as possible there. I'll hope you enjoy the game in defiance of the low population there.