PDA

View Full Version : Hey buyers, sellers... try negotiating

Nananine
11-12-05, 22:53
Normal buyers and sellers tend not to know market prices for certain items. Maybe someone got a crazy idea about need vs. budget or maybe the seller heard about prices from some ripoff salesman who's doing crap like selling a Jones quad for 2 million or something.

If you think a price is unreasonable, then let the other person know that you think it's reasonable... Heck, ask for a counteroffer. I ask for that, and I've gotten far too many "no thanks bye"s. I'm not here to cheat you out of your fake online fun money, I'm here to make some extra income to support my clan and give starting cash to fellow SA'ers. I don't like tossing out a price for something and having someone act indignant or put me on ignore for it. I'm not a tradeskiller or a trader normally, I really don't know these things.

If a buyer gives you a price and you don't like it then TELL HIM. If a seller gives you a price and you don't like it, you CAN tell him as well. And be cordial about it... You both want something from each other, why not make it a pleasant transaction?

Bargain. Negotiate. Make the sale. Please.

LiL T
11-12-05, 23:34
Normal buyers and sellers tend not to know market prices for certain items. Maybe someone got a crazy idea about need vs. budget or maybe the seller heard about prices from some ripoff salesman who's doing crap like selling a Jones quad for 2 million or something.

If you think a price is unreasonable, then let the other person know that you think it's reasonable... Heck, ask for a counteroffer. I ask for that, and I've gotten far too many "no thanks bye"s. I'm not here to cheat you out of your fake online fun money, I'm here to make some extra income to support my clan and give starting cash to fellow SA'ers. I don't like tossing out a price for something and having someone act indignant or put me on ignore for it. I'm not a tradeskiller or a trader normally, I really don't know these things.

If a buyer gives you a price and you don't like it then TELL HIM. If a seller gives you a price and you don't like it, you CAN tell him as well. And be cordial about it... You both want something from each other, why not make it a pleasant transaction?

Ignore those people that feel they should put you on ignore, it is them people who try and cheat a noob out of his cash. They don't really put you on ignore, its a tactic and it sometimes works into tricking people they are over charging for an item when infact thier charging a reasonable price. Those same people offten feel 300k for a moveon is a fair price and your a moron for selling at 6 million. I sell moveon and protoresist chip at 6 million because this is loweer then what it was and it takes a charaters epic slot as well as the lvling and boring epic it self. So if people are to lazy to do the epic they should pay the full price of 6 million no lower ^^

Nananine
11-12-05, 23:41
But that makes no sense. Most people sell MOVEON's for 3 million. You have to be flexible.

LiL T
11-12-05, 23:44
With epic chips, they will always be expensive thats why people farm them when they need something a lot more expensive, like a MC5 chip. Moveon and proto resist chip are never effected by supply and demand, sure theres a strong demand for them and that demand gets less as the server becomes populated. But I think the time taken to get those chips will always keep the price up. Someone on trade was saying 3 million tops and I laughed, because in the time I could lvl a character to epic lvl then do the boring repetative epic I could have made over 10 million. Thats if I gave as much attention into what ever else I was doing to make the cash as I did with the epic...

/edit it makes perfect sence

Argent
11-12-05, 23:59

Exactly, I really don't understand people who have no idea how this kind of things should work. It's like "I'll sell this for 2mils" "What? FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCKLESS FUCK! Way too expensive!". And not a sign of a "How about 1.5mil instead?". *sigh*

If they ever were to go to a mediterranean country market, they would be so ripped off. I guess people are just too damn used to looking at the price tag and accepting that it's not going to change a bit.

onero S
12-12-05, 03:15
With epic chips, they will always be expensive thats why people farm them when they need something a lot more expensive, like a MC5 chip. Moveon and proto resist chip are never effected by supply and demand, sure theres a strong demand for them and that demand gets less as the server becomes populated. But I think the time taken to get those chips will always keep the price up. Someone on trade was saying 3 million tops and I laughed, because in the time I could lvl a character to epic lvl then do the boring repetative epic I could have made over 10 million. Thats if I gave as much attention into what ever else I was doing to make the cash as I did with the epic...

/edit it makes perfect sence

I'm not sure you understand what supply and demand are........ you said yourself that mc5 chips will always be expensive because they are hard to get.... thats teh supply part, if people someday are able to farm an mc5 chip in a week the price will drop, everything is affected by supply and demand.

cRazy-
12-12-05, 03:42
Its the market.

If people want lower prices for items like MC5 chips they need to find a way to get more chips circulating in the econemy.

Nananine
12-12-05, 04:34
Oh hay guys, guess what happened just now.

The guy, Zhurks, was trying to sell a H-C ultima for a while. I thought "well, if no one's taking it..." and messaged him.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7652/redtagsaleonepriceonly01pq.th.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=redtagsaleonepriceonly01pq.jpg)
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9919/redtagsaleonepriceonly12xd.th.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=redtagsaleonepriceonly12xd.jpg)
http://img27.paintedover.com/uploads/thumbs/27/redtagsaleonepriceonly2.jpg (http://paintedover.com/uploads/show.php?loc=27&f=redtagsaleonepriceonly2.jpg)

He never said anything after that.

In Lil T's mode of thought, the natural response for me would be "you're an idiot for offering so little for an Ultima mod."

Yes, this goes to show how little my ignorant self knows about this game. Man, I'm such an idiot. I haven't played a full month, don't have a capped character, and I only heard about ultima mods YESTERDAY (when I downloaded Neoskiller)... but I should KNOW THE PRICE IMMEDIATELY.

What would have happened if I offered a price that was too high, and they accepted and ripped me off for it? That'd be even dumber. In fact, that's probably why he withheld an offer of his own in the first place. In the hopes of ripping me off.

IceStorm
12-12-05, 04:52
Yes, this goes to show how little my ignorant self knows about this game. Man, I'm such an idiot. I haven't played a full month, don't have a capped character, and I only heard about ultima mods YESTERDAY (when I downloaded Neoskiller)... but I should KNOW THE PRICE IMMEDIATELY.Welcome to Neocron, a game populated by two types of people - ignorant n00bs and assholes.

You'll be an asshole soon enough! :-)

If you need pricing on an item, I'd suggest trying the OOC or Help channels. You may also want to check the in-game forums.

Ultimas drop from DoY tunnel mobs in the lower levels, levels I've never seen as I don't have a PPU to shove up my ass. They used to be assembled from rareparts, but KK took them out to clean up the rarepool. This led to the situation we have now, that of very few Ultimas in circulation.

The most rare mod that should still work in-game is the Laurent barrel. It was a barrel that dropped from a specific 120/120 hover mob that only spawned for a short period of time. Some people still possess Laurents from NC1. If Ultimas are worth millions, Laurents are probably worth 10's of millions, if not more.

ZoVoS
12-12-05, 04:55
please say u wernt offering 100k for a heavy ultima.... i woudlnt have just ignored u. id have laughed in ur face lol

basicaly do some reserch on the item ur trying to buy before u try and buy it to get a resonable price bracket

EG, buying a slot enhancer 0.9
doy tunnels lvl 1
not that hard to come by. can be done withough a ppu. so reletivly cheap
doy repair eyes.
at teh end of a tunnel trip ull have tons of these things... again cheap
vhc eyes
a vhc eye with no requiermnets is always usefull. especialy for monks who dont want to spec to much dex. so worth more than the other 2
an ultima
lvl 3 doy tunnels. 1 ppu is rarely enough. usualy ull be needing 2+ with perminant holy heal sancs. instant kill buggie mobs. crazie arse damage. apu's drop like flys tanks dont last much longer. very rare drop rate... if u had checked how they were obtained first. do u realy think anybody would have considered the offer of 100k. they would have though u were a noob. wasting there time and left
mc5's
have to kill a dam base commander. then peice em together. and then probably not get the rite parts anyway
viper king
anoying to get if you want just one. if your leveling there you probably have 1000 of them. so selling them for cheap is normal

basicaly think of where ur items coming from... the time it takes for a noob to lvl up and do an epic u could have caved ur self plenty of millions and plenty of exp

doing noobie jones missions requiers a free slot. not many ppl have a free slot but most ppl have a few billion credits in clan resorses to throw around

Nananine
12-12-05, 04:56
See, that was helpful. Which means assholes are helpful. And that guy who wasn't helpful was new.

ZoVoS
12-12-05, 05:03
See, that was helpful. Which means assholes are helpful. And that guy who wasn't helpful was new.

i have edited to explain better... and im not new i been playing since origional nc1 beta =D all be it only for a few days before it hit retail

Nananine
12-12-05, 05:17
i have edited to explain better... and im not new i been playing since origional nc1 beta =D all be it only for a few days before it hit retail

I was hashing definitions. I don't mean literally new, I meant "new" by the way IceStorm defined it.

Yeah, sure, I'll do research. What the heck kind of research is there outside of repeatedly messaging the trade channel of "Hey guys, what's this worth?" In fact, one guy was DOING that about the Ultima mod.

And I don't know where these "milliions" were from. Considering the costs it took for me to go past epic and everything, I can hardly think of having more than a gross overall income of more than 4-5 million. I barely made any money as a tank.

So this so-called "research" doesn't exist. However, I DO know that YOU know what it's worth. And if YOU know what it's worth, then why the heck aren't YOU giving the price instead of making us do the guesswork before "laughing in our faces..." Either that or you're waiting for an overinflated offer so you can happily rip us consumers off.

ZoVoS
12-12-05, 05:24
I was hashing definitions. I don't mean literally new, I meant "new" by the way IceStorm defined it.

Yeah, sure, I'll do research. What the heck kind of research is there outside of repeatedly messaging the trade channel of "Hey guys, what's this worth?" In fact, one guy was DOING that about the Ultima mod.

And I don't know where these "milliions" were from. Considering the costs it took for me to go past epic and everything, I can hardly think of having more than a gross overall income of more than 4-5 million. I barely made any money as a tank.

So this so-called "research" doesn't exist. However, I DO know that YOU know what it's worth. And if YOU know what it's worth, then why the heck aren't YOU giving the price instead of making us do the guesswork before "laughing in our faces..." Either that or you're waiting for an overinflated offer so you can happily rip us consumers off.

u dont need to message ppl for prices. just to know where an item comes from and look at the prices people generaly pay for other items... theres not that many rare items in this game. after playing for about a week you should have a list of all of them in your head

EDIT 0-0 and ofcorse people are waiting for a heavily overinglaited offer. its what all good merchants do =\ the risk of being a good merchant is laughing in sumbodys face when they offer a trivial amount and next time to sumbody else they will offer a blown up amount. its the merchants code =] theres no anti compatative laws in computer games. id we all decided never to sell X item under X price then nobodys going to sell it under X price because they know they could get X+Z

computer games you get a much stronger controle over the economy than you do in real life. and it gives merchants out there a nice rush to know they got these measily few credits more. just because they could

elGringo
12-12-05, 05:35
I always negotiate and make tips depend on delivered quality.
I dont really participate in TRADE-Channel auctions tho' ..as about everything thats offered there is offered at inflated prices. works better to trade items than to throw arround cash imo ...most prices are quite perverted nowadays.

Anyway ...pretty ignorant to laugh at someone for the fact that he/she hasnt heared about an items current price yet. Explaining them what it is, what it's worth in cash and why it is that way will not only leave them informed (and less frequently making omgr0flkosz0r!!!1-n00b offers to you), but they'll also know that the ultima has no value to them anyway, compared to what else they can do with the money :)

Oh ..and Larents... they're not sell-able.
Theres nothing else ingame thats worth as much as a Larent Mod .. and money ...haha.. I wouldnt trade anything for money given the current flood of cash - certainly not my old nc1 antiques.

Nananine
12-12-05, 05:41
u dont need to message ppl for prices. just to know where an item comes from and look at the prices people generaly pay for other items... theres not that many rare items in this game. after playing for about a week you should have a list of all of them in your head

EDIT 0-0 and ofcorse people are waiting for a heavily overinglaited offer. its what all good merchants do =\ the risk of being a good merchant is laughing in sumbodys face when they offer a trivial amount and next time to sumbody else they will offer a blown up amount. its the merchants code =] theres no anti compatative laws in computer games. id we all decided never to sell X item under X price then nobodys going to sell it under X price because they know they could get X+Z

computer games you get a much stronger controle over the economy than you do in real life. and it gives merchants out there a nice rush to know they got these measily few credits more. just because they could

Right, that's what I mean. I alienated a guy who helped me out alot when I was lower level becuase I tried to sell him a TL10 4slot Crahn's Rejuvenation for 800k. This is after talking to no less than THREE other sellers who claimed they sold them for 900k-1.2 million. That's because, surprise surprise, they wanted to rip me off by selling me TL10 4slot heals for that much... because I had to pose as a buyer to find out the supposed "regular" price. See the problem here?

Of course the guy who helped me out, being as non-negotiable as most other Neocron players, was so indignant about it that he put me on ignore. Which sucks, because I appreciated how much he helped me out when I was low rank. I even tried apologizing profusely on an alt, but he ignored him as well. If you're reading this, I'm sorry again, Anpetuwi :(

So just be more open to discussion is all I'm saying.

Naky
12-12-05, 06:08
Slightly related, I find tipping to be like this for me. I've been playing for a while and I STILL don't know what a 'proper' tip is for people doing things like poking, researching a single item, etc. I'm always paranoid that I'm paying too little, or maybe too much. Problem is, nobody's willing to say what amount they'd like. They're always like 'I dunno, give whatever you feel like' and then they get insulted if it's not what they were expecting, etc.

I'm sure it's even harder for new people. What IS a proper tip? At least in real life, I can say that a good tip for good service is 20% of whatever the bill was and walk away knowing I gave a fair tip for fair service but I can't do that here in Neocron.

elGringo
12-12-05, 06:41
I usually insist that ppl come up with a price for what they offer ...what the service is worth in terms of cash largely depends on the availability of other tradeskillers, the daytime and how the traderskiller acts ... a few lines of smalltalk while the order is being processed easily nets as 50-100k extra ... but then, I think I just like to get rid of cash ...but I make tips very much depend on the situation. Since I myself wouldnt move a finger for less than 50k, 15-20k usually is the min I pay for anything :)

Apart from that - Resser / CST'ers should have worked out fixed prices for themselves ... if they dont know what they want ... give em what you like. concerning pokers ... 500nc-2000nc per poke is a common tip amongst most players, depending on your wealth and mood.

=REMUS=
12-12-05, 07:12
I have no problem negotiateing prices and trades, I let people know when I am going to be hard. For instance I traded a 3 slot ravager for a 3 slot SH + 250k + a move on... that may seem extortionate but I didn't need to trade the rav and I didn't need the SH but he wanted the rav badly enough to keep bartering!

On the other end of the spectrum I paid 900k for a half fucked lib because I needed it for leveling my pistol pe, it would certainly not be worth that much to pretty much every other person in nc.

You need to find some one who wants to buy your product/item as much as you want to sell it. Most people are reasonable, but there are idiots and those people tend to be the ones that everyone remembers.

Asurmen Spec Op
12-12-05, 07:16
I agree, people who are like "omg its set zomg" are idiots.
Ive never paid a full price for anything :)

Androth
12-12-05, 07:26
I think at the point you are looking at things like ultimas and other items in the high end colum, you should have a guild, who should be able to help you out with things like this. Maybe its just me, but a big part of most MMO's is that you find a group to operate with and do so, generally this includes dealing with trade. Just my 2 cents.

ZoVoS
12-12-05, 07:58
exactly. if u dont know what ur buying u shoudlnt be buying it. u shoudlnt buy anything that u A dont know supply n demand for or B dont know how to obtain withough buying it of another player

IceStorm
12-12-05, 08:16
Maybe its just me, but a big part of most MMO's is that you find a group to operate withPeople suck. It's much easier to play using multiple accounts and PCs. :-)

gstyle40
12-12-05, 09:00
yea, buying stuff in this game can be nerve racking. i was triing to get a batqueen arm the other day, so i went on the trade channel to see if anyone had one. this guy says "yea i have one, make me an offer" now i had already looked around various websites for certain hard to get items and they were sold in game for about 60-75k. so i told the guy 75k and he laughed. i was like wtf. look im not goin over 100k for this item, thats the most ill offer. he told me he sold one the other day for 500k. i told him about the website that i saw and said nevermind, ill go get one myself. i found the cave and now i have my arm plus about 5 extra chest. so all i have to say is buyer beware. if a price seems too reasonable its not the end of the world. there r other places to get most items u just have to know where to look. then if the price still isnt right, look at goin and getting it yourself. that usually works for me. and 1 more thing the batqueen cave was the toughest so far for me.........so far :)

IceStorm
12-12-05, 09:04
he told me he sold one the other day for 500k.WTF? Terra is NOT Saturn...

Koshinn
12-12-05, 09:08
yea, buying stuff in this game can be nerve racking. i was triing to get a batqueen arm the other day, so i went on the trade channel to see if anyone had one. this guy says "yea i have one, make me an offer" now i had already looked around various websites for certain hard to get items and they were sold in game for about 60-75k. so i told the guy 75k and he laughed. i was like wtf. look im not goin over 100k for this item, thats the most ill offer. he told me he sold one the other day for 500k. i told him about the website that i saw and said nevermind, ill go get one myself. i found the cave and now i have my arm plus about 5 extra chest. so all i have to say is buyer beware. if a price seems too reasonable its not the end of the world. there r other places to get most items u just have to know where to look. then if the price still isnt right, look at goin and getting it yourself. that usually works for me. and 1 more thing the batqueen cave was the toughest so far for me.........so far :)

Yeah he's a dumbass. I got batqueen arm and batqueen chest for 80k total.

I totally agree with this thread. People ALWAYS want YOU to make the offer. Regardless if they're selling or buying, they want you to offer or set the price. It's really dumb. Then yes they do laugh at you. It's really really really fucking stupid. If you're selling an item, YOU SET THE PRICE. Don't go fishing and make other people guess the magic number you have in mind and hope they overshoot. I know that's what people do. They say "WTS: Item X", which they think is worth 2 mil. Then if you go under 2 mil they go "lol noob you're stupid". They wait until they find someone who offers like 2.5 mil+ then say "hm... well I'll do it for 2.7" and pretend they're doing you a favor. Seriously, if you say "WTS ____" then make the buyer offer, you're stupid. You should do a price check before you sell stuff. Basically, if you advertise, you should have a price set. If you're buying something, set a price and/or offer items. Don't make it a guessing game. I've been known to tell people I'm dealing with to list their own price so I don't have to guess low, go up 10k, guess again, repeat until I find their magic number. I just have people tell me what they want if they're the ones who advertised.

scarshapedstar
12-12-05, 09:17
Yeah he's a dumbass. I got batqueen arm and batqueen chest for 80k total.

If you're selling an item, YOU SET THE PRICE.

If you don't know how much to offer, you can't afford it.

(As a corollary, if you're a tradeskiller and you have to ask someone what TL they need, you're too low.)

Naky
12-12-05, 10:33

Cheap stuff like Titan or Viper King armor can be had for ~40k, a piddling amount for any player rank */15 and over to get, yet you're saying that just because they're new to the game and might have heard that this stuff is drop only from big, bad monsters in big, bad dungeons that they can't afford it because they have an increased perception on its rarity? I don't follow your logic, sir, and I'm not subscribing to it.

scarshapedstar
12-12-05, 11:24
Well, um, the rules are a little different for big-ticket items. No one expects people to bid on a psi booster 3 or viper king armor, they've already been commodified by decent supply and the fact that people already list prices for them. But a 5 slotted silent hunter or an MC5 chip is an item with high demand and low supply. Player A and Player B will likely both see it as something they will give all their money for. If player A has 1 million and player B has 5 million, that's what they will offer. What sense does it make to do it any other way? Rares are a seller's market by design. Ditto for airline tickets, the prices might not make any sense to you because you don't see the big picture, but the airlines know different people can and will pay different prices for the same item, and they know when these people are most likely to buy them. That's why the price might be $200 one day and $500 the next; if the prices don't make sense to you, that's because you're not the intended customer. Similarly, that's why not every rare item has a fixed price tag on it. If you desperately need one million credits immediately, it makes perfect sense to say you're selling for one million, but if you have time you're just pissing away your money by doing so.

As to calling people nubs for not offering enough, yeah, that's stupid. Ignoring people is more understandable because the seller doesn't want to show his cards in a sense, but a better approach is just to say something to the effect of thanks for your interest and I'll get back to you.

ZoVoS
12-12-05, 11:44
you need to understand the markets from an economical point of view.

being a seller there are a few things to consider:-

the deperation you have to sell a item
OMG OMG OMG i can buy a herk for 1mil for a noob if only i had 100k more money... SELLING MY TESTIE FOR 100k

usual price
how much have u seen similar items selling for and how did the factors effect them last sales

worth of money
in nc there is so much money floating around in the economy... anybody can theoreticaly buy anything within a month apart from the true rares (tiger blood, cresent tabs, laren mods, certain nc 1 artifacts like the rad suits)

worth of item
how many items of this kind are floating around. are they easily obtainable (noob jones missions are easily obtainable but not by ur average capped character. aposed to viper king amour which is hard to obtain but easily obtainable by ANY character)

trouble for other people to obtain item
oh look at me im a uber lvl 106/70 i cant lower my self to doing X so ill just spend my millions of gp on X item because i can

amount of information on said item
OMG OMG OMG NEW WOC WEAPONS...
SELLING FOR 6MILLION
*wait a min there free for a 5 min quest*
"SHUT THE FUCK UP... IGNORE HIM HES A NOOB... WHO WANTS TO BUY... 6 MIL"

the set minimum value in ur head
... ok ill ask minimum 300k but ill go to 250 if push comes to shove

the chance a person will offer sumthing much higher than u want/willing to sell for
"offer me" "erm 2 mill" (wets him self cos he was willing to sell at 200k) "mmm im not sure... go on then"

the strength of ur position in the market
are other people selling these items?
t
he desperation of a person buying
(if they say WTB moveon ASAP... id bloody bleed em dry. its not like i need the cash its just sumthing programed into human beings... other days ill just give tons of shit away free cos im bored)

prolly tons more im not listing

Spermy
12-12-05, 12:21
Anpetuwi

Don't worry about it - I used to go to the guy for tradeskilling in NC1. Always came of as if he had some sorta complex :p

(As a corollary, if you're a tradeskiller and you have to ask someone what TL they need, you're too low.)

Sorry, what?

I have plenty of tradeables, and have traded plenty in my time. I wanted a moveon once - I didn't know how much to offer. Doesn't mean I couldn't afford it - it means i wasn't up on the going rate.

As for the tradeskills. Wrong again. It depends on the purpose of the item, whether your looking for slots or not. If you want someone to just build you keys - then there's no need. Not everyone knows the TL of everything. And not every items TL is of paramount importance.

I always ask the TL on my conster, if i don't need to take my TL150 out, I won't. Sometimes there's a bit more too it.

As a corollary.

scarshapedstar
12-12-05, 12:34
Ok, um, let me add two exceptions - vehicles, which have no quality, and epics, which aren't exactly rare, just take several days of effort.

Spermy
12-12-05, 13:35
Ok, um, let me add two exceptions - vehicles, which have no quality, and epics, which aren't exactly rare, just take several days of effort.

It's the generalisation that bugs me. 8| It also depends on the quality of the weapon you need - a lot of the time if it's just for levelling then you'll need only a standard no frills weapon, you won't have it long enough to justify anything of even moderate ubarity (is that even a word?! :eek: ).

And I stand by my tools statement! anything that doesn't require a TL150 tool isn't getting it, not when those things cost so much! :p It's a good idea to always ask the TL as a tradeskiller also, for a guide to possible const time, weapon parts req'd and lube, not to mention factoring in slot success ( which I'm still never sure of :p), for when people bring you batch jobs looking for a high slotter - you can estimate how long the job might take and stagger other appointments if you know the little details. :angel:

Mind you this is coming from only an intermediate tradeskiller - I get all my stuff from Phoenix and DoY *pimp* I only use my own for the mundane tasks.

Nananine
12-12-05, 15:40
I think at the point you are looking at things like ultimas and other items in the high end colum, you should have a guild, who should be able to help you out with things like this. Maybe its just me, but a big part of most MMO's is that you find a group to operate with and do so, generally this includes dealing with trade. Just my 2 cents.

That's perfectly fine assuming that the rest of your clan isn't new as well. I'm one of the highest rank Goons because we're all fairly new or vets returning from a long long absence.

Or what if all the vets you know are not online? You could message trade channel or help channel and never get a straight answer... because you never get a straight friggin' answer on prices.

And the Ultima H-C upgrade? I might add NO ONE was offering for it. I don't really need it now, but I wanted to found out what prices they usually sold for/possibly buy one now to save for the future. That's right, gauge the price so I'd KNOW and my clanmates would KNOW.

But even if I was experienced and knew how hard it was to get an Ultima mod, how would I know then? If I went through hell to get something, I'd want a high price for it... which leads to people accusing me of price gouging when I sell it. For example, if you ask me, 5slot TL10 Crahn Rejuvenations should be running at LEAST 3 or 4 million, because I have NEVER run across one in the many times my friends have run the Field Medic jones mission. If I died twenty times getting an Ultima and then had it stolen once by gankers, I'd be charging 10 million for it... and getting more people angry at me AND possibly teaching other newbies that "ah, 10 million must be the regular price" and having their non-negotiating selves now start overcharging for it.

These are prices for items, not some Secret Elite Cabal of Item-Sharing.

Spermy
12-12-05, 16:45
Problem with thi si splay styles - everyone views items in a different light, and therefore assigns values to them. Some people are willing to pay over the odds.

Then you get people who have an item and are like cool - it's psuedo-rare - FLOG! They'll sell as high as they can for it.

Others include the "Oh shit! I never sold one and I don't have a clue as to a fair price but don't want to look an idiot," brigade. These guys ask you to make the offer.

so many people with so many points of view will always lead to fluctuation, you can't guarantee a price on anything really. Unless you have lovely people like Phoenix Inc and DoY set a fair price and trade it openly. *Pimp!*

Nananine
12-12-05, 17:01
Very very true. All goons swear by NCRSI. Problem is that their members aren't online often enough to do price checks.

=REMUS=
12-12-05, 18:49
The NC School of Business Dynamics

:D

Koshinn
12-12-05, 18:52

That's probably a joke, but in any case, it's wrong.

I may not be the richest person in NC, but I'm definately not the poorest. Regardless, I don't like to waste money. Why would I pay 2 mil for something worth half that? Should I have to be ripped off if I have the money to be ripped off? No. :p Having money and knowing how much something is worth are 2 totally unrelated things.

scarshapedstar
12-12-05, 19:20
That's probably a joke, but in any case, it's wrong.

I may not be the richest person in NC, but I'm definately not the poorest. Regardless, I don't like to waste money. Why would I pay 2 mil for something worth half that? Should I have to be ripped off if I have the money to be ripped off? No. :p Having money and knowing how much something is worth are 2 totally unrelated things.

You're looking at this the wrong way. I submit to you that high quality rare items don't HAVE an intrinsic value. A zero-slot RoG, sure, most people will agree that's worth little more than the tech parts that went into it. Tech parts, by the way, are highly commodified. So that item has a stable price. But if it's an MC5 chip, you might think it's worth 5 million but if someone else is offering 9 you will pay 10 because you don't have a choice. They don't come along very often. If you don't realize this, chances are someone else has more money than you and has already made a higher offer because they can.

IceStorm
13-12-05, 03:01
They don't come along very oftenMC5s don't come along for sale in Trade-NC very often. Most of the time, a Trade-NC hawked MC5 is a scam.

It's a different story if you're asking to buy one or its parts.

My method of getting an MC5 is fairly simple - I offer a complete rare weapon part set for each MC5 part I need. By the time I want an MC5 CPU, I usually have complete part sets of all the higher end rare weapons.

Took me three days, tops, to get a DS in NC1 this way.

Spermy
13-12-05, 11:28
I'm about to do it the old fashioned way. :p

IceStorm
13-12-05, 12:50
I'm about to do it the old fashioned way.You mean with two computers and two accounts so you can PPU for your own APU? :-)

Spermy
13-12-05, 13:54
You mean with two computers and two accounts so you can PPU for your own APU? :-)

Hey! I have friends dammit!

Really I do :'(