PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Class Comparisons Please !

Dogface
11-12-05, 19:08
Ok, im getting bored of Tanks now so I've been considering making either:

Lowtech Rifle PE
Rifle Spy
Pistol Spy

PE would be using Terminator/Pain Easer.

Rifle Spy would be using Healing Light, Silent Hunter, First Love or Disruptor. Eventually I'll have all of them of course. Probably Silent Hunter first because I already have one. But yeah.

Pistol spy will only be using Slasher. *Maybe* Executioner. Maybe. If something may happen to my Slasher.

Could have guessed that though. Just saying so you know how limited I'll be on R/PC and weapon lore.

Now, what I'd like to know is what are the advantages and disadvantages of one of these characters over the other two pretty much.

Please dont say anything about them being useless because of reload times lol. I've taken it into consideration and I DON'T want to make a monk ^^)

I'd like to avoid drugs too.

Thanks for any advise in advance.

(Another thing, why the ^&%* did they remove the black camo PA for PEs??? :mad: )

Koshinn
11-12-05, 19:45
there never was black camo pa. there's black pa, and camo pa, but not black camo.

scarshapedstar
11-12-05, 20:18
Well. The PE gets much better psi abilities and the same combat skills as the spy, as well as more strength and hitpoints and resists. Oh and he can stealth too.

But, um, he probably can't poke or hack on the side. Huge weakness, I know.

Asurmen Spec Op
11-12-05, 21:04
spys need drugs to reach combat potential, pure and simple

eprodigy
11-12-05, 22:44
good call regarding monks

if you're looking for close combat PVP and don't want drugs; the only choice there is lowtech rifle PE really. Spy needs 2-3 drugs for close combat viability. rifle spy without drugs could work but you'd be a sniper only..

Dogface
12-12-05, 00:22
Forgot to mention:

I don't care about being an 'amazing omg' player, I just want to be able to kill people more often that I die :D so yeah drugs might not be so important.

/edit, Being a sniper seems interesting =)

Anyone play a sniper?

scarshapedstar
12-12-05, 06:39
It's interesting but not as cool as you'd think for the simple reason that if you can shoot someone, they can shoot you back. Any pistoler can snipe as well as a rifle spy with a SH due to the stupid limited draw distance :mad:

eprodigy
12-12-05, 08:30
I don't care about being an 'amazing omg' player, I just want to be able to kill people more often that I die :D so yeah drugs might not be so important.

/edit, Being a sniper seems interesting =)

Anyone play a sniper?
Well a lowtech PE is easily viable close combat without drugs. A spy you really won't be able to beat anyone in close combat without drugs, you'll die very fast without them. But with drugs they are just as viable as any PE.

A sniper can be good, you'll be stealthing a lot because the firing distance max is not huge. Getting kills can be tough as (most) people won't just stand there and die.

Dogface
12-12-05, 17:44
I think this is the last thing I want to ask, is SH the best sniping weapon out there in ways of concealment Vs damage? I think HL gives it all away a bit :rolleyes:

Guessing it doesn't matter what pistol I use as a Spy since I'll be limited to maybe two max.

Best rifle for a PE at close range will be Termi, yes? No?

Also, I just had a thought, who likes the idea of a 'laying down' position? So it makes sniping a bit more viable since most things can hit you, just a little bit harder to I think. But since it will make you harder to hit, it could take a while to stand back up to even it out? Like? Dislike? :confused: I like it anyway..

wargolem
12-12-05, 18:52
please check my post here:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130649

awkward silence
15-12-05, 13:53
If you're looking for close combat PVP and don't want drugs; the only choice there is lowtech rifle PE really.

Why not a lowtech PC PE? IMO they are as good as RC ones with different pros and cons.

nabbl
15-12-05, 15:01
i got a sniper spy with capped FL and a commando sniper rifle in the sec. slot.

u may have 2 shots on your target and then you can go over to close combat...

i dont need drugs vor sniping, but for close combat i ve to use nightspider, beast, whiteflash, paratemol forte...

it works pretty well :)