PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet Instadeath?

RentonDraines
11-12-05, 17:45
So... I saw the evo 2.1 stuff and I came back. After some tweaking of our router, I got my lag under control... Now... Log my 65/55 hacker into HN, ooh I like the balance changes! fun times for me and my 3 slot 0.3.... so the 100/100's are easy enough for 3 of us....

We get to TH bridge and i jump through

---SYNCHRONIZING--- (black, not ingame)

YOU ARE DEAD.

uh, 1 shot 1 kill against a pure hacker with 0.3 def on? Or was this lag death?
I'm afraid to try again!

n3m
11-12-05, 17:58
Yeah there's a thread about this. The mobs whore the zoneline and kill in 1 hit.

[looking for link]

//edit
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=130240&page=3

james_finn
12-12-05, 13:27
woot i remember pokes at yo's! lol, man that was a long time ago now! hehehe

As for your problem with the zone line death, the best way to beat the mobs is to come into the zone with 2 or 3 people, one may die, but the rest can jump off and reset position! (Will stick you in a safe spot in the middle).

Delphi

Mr Kot
12-12-05, 14:29
Didn't run into Volvo, did you?

Preach
12-12-05, 14:43
ur not specced right, ive killed em on my own including the ping of death as has Sex Case our other resistance HN spy. We spoke to Volvo yesterday who agrees. Resistances are very funny in HN, if ur tl 70 software is capped lom out your con and go and do some testing with someone, you will be surprised

CMaster
12-12-05, 14:48
Oh, the ping of death doesnt one-shot - its just those 100/100 stationary mobs.

Preach
12-12-05, 14:52
Oh, the ping of death doesnt one-shot - its just those 100/100 stationary mobs.

i know but the stationary ones are doable also, agreed they hurt like a bitch but HN has an uncanny ability of health jumping when your heal is running, they dont fire rapidly also, I can take 3 hits with shelter on with no heal, with heal running you can beat them. we fought to the Phoenix boss (and killed it) however the loot is meaningless unless we are missing something in the recipe

-FN-
12-12-05, 14:59
Same thing happened to me - zoned in fully buffed, didn't even get a chance to pull off a heal. But as far as I know, it's always been like that. I tried going through HN when my Spy was just a noob and he insta-died. Now he still insta-dies as of last night, even with INT in the 80s. I thought maybe it was still me, but if fully capped hackers are Insta-dying, I guess it's not :(