PDA

View Full Version : Game Sounds

viperman5502
11-12-05, 08:42
Is it against the rules in any way to modify or change the sounds of the weapons in-game? I know its possible to direct the game to use sounds inside the sound folder but was unable to figure out what bit rates and such to use.

If its legal to put in different sounds, any way I could know the kHz, bit rate, and if the sounds are stereo or mono. Much appreciated :)

Spermy
11-12-05, 16:05
Is it against the rules in any way to modify or change the sounds of the weapons in-game? I know its possible to direct the game to use sounds inside the sound folder but was unable to figure out what bit rates and such to use.

If its legal to put in different sounds, any way I could know the kHz, bit rate, and if the sounds are stereo or mono. Much appreciated :)

Nope - can't modify owt, but the .inis AFAIK.

viperman5502
12-12-05, 01:02
I was able to change the names of the current sounds that are inside the weapon-sfx folder to change the sounds that way.. but I can't match the bitrate in any new sounds I want to use.. so they just make no noise. Oh well.

Guess I will just need to keep working at it. Please do inform me if this is against any rules though.

Nidhogg
12-12-05, 01:13
It is against the rules and there's every chance that the servers are logging the fact that your files have been altered every time you connect. I'd chance them back or re-install...

N