PDA

View Full Version : New view on a possible ppu fix

Mr Friendly
11-12-05, 03:17
The PPU class is a passive/healing class, usually things like decrease armor and movement slow is used by a mesemer(curse)/illusionist(illusion)/elementalist(ice/frost) etc OF WHICH are mainly offensive, not healers.

Want my own opinion on it? Exotic Psi Use. making all parashock spells have the req of epu instead of ppu. along with the barrel. except they will have low reqs like the holy paralysis at 70-100ish epu? Havent looked at the numbers if it would be implemented. making it now so if some lame ppu still wanted to use it, he'd have to nerf his mana & ppu. (cuz no imps give +epu) this would actually imho make the game fun. it would return combat back to where parashock besides the weak ones from the recticle weps, will not exist. ull see a para beam & go OH SHIT AN EXOTIC PPU!!! teh run!

Also, a little bit of adjusting with the holy damageboost OR just making a new damage boost named Exotic Damage Boost. requing again epu instead of ppu & will be about 35% stronger than the holy DB. These ppus would easily then become the Affliction ppus.

Of course to kep it from ppl using setups to get both near capped holy shelts & still able to use the epu spells, AND to make it worth going into, more kinds of epu affliction spells would be introduced, such as "Decrease Armor" (effecting force/peircing), "Weaken Fire Resistance" (the obvious) etc, which could def be used effectively on mobs, such as FIRE mobs *smartass smirk*, and also to possibly implement a small -10 epu on the defencive cpus.

=)

ps: can't do polls nemore? double yew tee ef?

Ticallion
11-12-05, 03:31
The green text convinced me to read it.

BlackDove
11-12-05, 03:44
That's a good idea, but mine's been better all along =/

Remove para and Freezers alltogether, nerf PPU's damage on all spells, re-balance mobs to reflect said changes.

naimex
11-12-05, 03:56
old idea, like beta4 nc1 old...

new use of it though..

but it wont matter all that much to the ppus..

it just means that people have to shoot at the legs a little while longer....

and personally, id rather have shock on me, than have my legs blown off...

Koshinn
11-12-05, 04:05
Remove the 25% damage requirement for SL loss and make DB do 1 damage.

sultana
11-12-05, 05:12
It's a nice idea, however I simply like the idea of removing Parashock in all it's form, then DJ's idea on heals, balancing Damageboost from there if it's needed. Simply cause it doesn't really change the game very much from what it is.

The problem I see coming from your idea is that instead of bringing one ppu dedicated to parashocking, people will bring one epu instead.

eprodigy
11-12-05, 05:58
dont like it myself.

agree with sultana ^^

SovKhan
11-12-05, 07:44
dont really like it. requires more monks at op fights really. basicly blessed ppu spells with EPU capped to get the other shit.

Bugs Gunny
11-12-05, 10:18
Blackdove's idea is what i prefer.

giga191
11-12-05, 11:59
it's all too complicated. just do so holy heal disapears if your being shot by another player

ZoVoS
11-12-05, 12:06
oh great

apu ppu team

becomes apu ppu epu team

they can kill u faster
shock u harder
and still just as invincable

Dargeshaad
11-12-05, 12:12
oh great

apu ppu team

becomes apu ppu epu team

they can kill u faster
shock u harder
Just the way we like them!!!!!!! :lol:

giga191
11-12-05, 12:13
maybe parashock should just stop people from stealthing

scarshapedstar
11-12-05, 13:08
Why not just call them warlocks and be done with it.

Vampire222
11-12-05, 13:16
Did u stoeled the epu idea from nc1 beta... yes you did..

Argent
11-12-05, 13:17
You know, when you're posting something so uninsteresting that you have to use something else than the default font color, that thing just isn't worth posting.

sultana
11-12-05, 13:40
Did u stoeled the epu idea from nc1 beta... yes you did..
Well where else you steal it from?

.Cyl0n
11-12-05, 14:33
nvm...

Dribble Joy
11-12-05, 14:57
Would not affect PvP to the extent that it needs to.

It does nothing to change the real issue behind the PPU problem which is the foreign heals.

Mr Friendly
11-12-05, 23:39
It's a nice idea, however I simply like the idea of removing Parashock in all it's form, then DJ's idea on heals, balancing Damageboost from there if it's needed. Simply cause it doesn't really change the game very much from what it is.

The problem I see coming from your idea is that instead of bringing one ppu dedicated to parashocking, people will bring one epu instead.

well the prob is KK is never going to remove para, cuz ppus can remove it & everyone in the game has the ability to buy tons of anti-shock drugs, so in my opinion, u gotta base ur fixes on the facts, & thats that para is gunna stay in-game no matter what, so i base it around that.

@ the second part:: i duno if u didnt read carefully or if i didnt explain it well enough, but the EPU spells (db & para) would have a req of epu, not ppu. & there would be no EPU imps implemented, meaning the only epu bonus u would get is +10 from the psi core & DS. & there would be a negative added to the defencive cpus. MEANING:: any ppu who decided to specialize to cap DB, para, & w/e other spells that would be availible, they definently wouldnt be able to get a near capped holy shelt, etc. they'd just be like a slightly stronger blessed hyb, except they're the debuffers, THEN now ppus who stay with the holy ANTI-db/para, the holy shelt/def, CANNOT use db or para. in my opinion it makes sense. one ppu afflicts people with things like db & para, & the other is able to remove em. u see an apu able to use anti-poison? ;)

It does nothing to change the real issue behind the PPU problem which is the foreign heals.

& ye i know, this is just a solution for the para/db whoring. ive made multiple threads on the foreign cast fix.

& for the record no i didnt steal this idea from nc1 beta O.o u guys live too much in the past, i dont remember much of nething from nc1 beta cept the cash inflation & my clan NAT :D

Dribble Joy
11-12-05, 23:45
That's like saying there's no point in coming up with suggestins to fix ppus.

Drugs are not a viable solution and relying on ppus even more is hardly the right way to go.

Mr Friendly
11-12-05, 23:51
That's like saying there's no point in coming up with suggestins to fix ppus.

Drugs are not a viable solution and relying on ppus even more is hardly the right way to go.

didnt u just say 2 posts above the main prob to fixin ppus is the foreign heal? (meaning not the para) ;)

& ye drugs are a viable solution, i never, ever had a prob with para cuz i constantly had my anti-shock drugs with me. para on me, then gone in 2 secs. & "relying on ppus" is a bit off from the actuality. ppl would be fine with a pure ppu for caves etc, and for pvp theyd still have a ppu, but their enemy isnt gunna be gettin DBd or Parad. on the other hand with a more offencive group in a hunting area, they would want an EPU ppu for the DB & parashock while sacrificing the holy defence.

oh great

apu ppu team

becomes apu ppu epu team

they can kill u faster
shock u harder

where is it exactly, as im curious, that u think ppus are gunna double in numbers from doin this O.o

keep in mind this is to go along with my foreign cast fix to simply nerf foreign cast buffs to 50% & holy heal to 75%.

which now mean slike SvK said, blessed ppus with capped DB & para. ur now gettin a blessed shelt/holy def at 50%. u by far dont have godly defence & can be killed quick. & for the sad ppl or just ones that dont wanna do epu, u have the holy s/d at 50% but are not gettin para or DB.

eprodigy
12-12-05, 00:01
well the prob is KK is never going to remove para
well you can say that about anything.. how long have people complained about PPUs? certain bugs? etc etc? lets all just forget about suggesting anything...

drugs are occasionally a viable solution BUT, most PPUs that use para at all; spam it. you'd have to fill your entire belt with them, and thats not an option, plus drugflash issues, plus they are expensive, and if they para you the second you drug out of it then you may as well save the time....

Mr Friendly
12-12-05, 00:22
well you can say that about anything.. how long have people complained about PPUs? certain bugs? etc etc? lets all just forget about suggesting anything...

drugs are occasionally a viable solution BUT, most PPUs that use para at all; spam it. you'd have to fill your entire belt with them, and thats not an option, plus drugflash issues, plus they are expensive, and if they para you the second you drug out of it then you may as well save the time....

usually, if the ppu decides to para spam me, ill be focusin on my enemy & not bein parad. most of the time from a ppu parain me constantly, they dont get the heal on their guy in time ;)