PDA

View Full Version : KK change freezers into X-RAY or fire DOT weapons!

Ozzon
10-12-05, 22:19
What the topic says, maybe that idea about freezers working on mobs only was not the best one. :rolleyes:

How about turning freezers into DOT X-RAY or fire weapons? They are already dots, KK just needs to change the freezing into x-ray damage, change their names and change ammo/ammo mods.

That would give us few new rifles, pistols and melee (+ one rare rifle), they would be different from weapons that we have now (except for Wyatt and its x-ray stacking ability).

How about this one?

SorkZmok
10-12-05, 22:22
Like the idea!

AND REMOVE PARA!

n3m
10-12-05, 22:28
Yeah, said it in another thread. I like em to do fire dmg.
Maybe get some new nice DoT freeze effects.
Xray would work nice aswell, just dont call the DoT xray dmg.

Spermy
10-12-05, 22:30
Yep - and if people are being picky about "aaww! It's NOT FIRE THOUGH!" Then simply renaim the fire resists thermal, and it works both ways :p

Clive tombstone
10-12-05, 22:34
I think its a good idea, a neat alternative too for cannon users getting a new DoT weapon^^. Call it something like a Plasma or gamma Torch. Somehthing to the same effect of the plasma spew the Alien plasma bugs do IN starship troopers

Clive tombstone
10-12-05, 22:35
Yep - and if people are being picky about "aaww! It's NOT FIRE THOUGH!" Then simply renaim the fire resists thermal, and it works both ways :p
sorry for the double post, but the Ray cannon has an "Explosive" mod on it, and the ammo does fire. Do I see anyone complaining?

Dribble Joy
10-12-05, 23:26
Go for it, though you would have to do something else about the ppu spells.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-12-05, 23:37
Go for it, though you would have to do something else about the ppu spells.
just make parashock make stealth inpossible for the duration on the target.

Dribble Joy
10-12-05, 23:53
Haha!

Judge
11-12-05, 02:27

Thats a good idea, a very good idea in fact.

People complain about Stealth, people complain about para.... so change para to counteract stealth. Its genius....

Dribble Joy
11-12-05, 02:41
I dunno......

it means to combat stealth and prevent it's use you HAVE to use para, which is bad, like spirit SH bad.

//edit: idiocy

vashtyphoon78
11-12-05, 03:48
oh great, fuck me over AGAIN assman? you know my main is a bloody spy :(

oh and then everyone would carry around a newb para too.

Scaramanga
11-12-05, 04:14

True sight sanctum been removed from game?

sultana
11-12-05, 06:02
True sight sanctum is hardly a hard counter to stealth. For you actually need to be able to see the stealther (which means heal/db) and then they have to be inside the sanctum range when it ticks (which means parashock). I like the idea of parashock coutering stealth, as that's basically all it's "useful" for atm. Slowing down people, reducing their mouse sensitivity is just stupid, not useful. As it is, stealth is broken in a way, too many advantages (such as near instant use, can heal while stealthed etc.), not enough disadvantages (such as a warm-up/cool-down time, etc.).

What the topic says, maybe that idea about freezers working on mobs only was not the best one. :rolleyes:
And lay off me for a second, I only made it up on the spot and the main point was that it no longer affected PvP. :rolleyes:

Asurmen Spec Op
11-12-05, 06:14
never worked in the first place

Scaramanga
12-12-05, 18:51
never worked in the first place

I had no idea it was so shitty.

Thought it's purpose was to expose stealthers who ran into its sanctum range.

Never had a PPU without an le though so have never used it. :angel:

sultana
13-12-05, 04:54
Thought it's purpose was to expose stealthers who ran into its sanctum range.
It does, but it does it so poorly it may aswell not work.

Toxen
13-12-05, 13:45
If this ever went ahead dynamics would have to be re worked, so casting a spell before somestealths and it doesn't complete its cast cycle till after the person stealths that the spell doesn't work on the stealther

Spoon
13-12-05, 17:51
They should make Freezer cannons draw/pull aggro....

So Tanks could...mmmm...tank....