PDA

View Full Version : Need guide to being a driver or at least a few tips

whooplaw
10-12-05, 20:23
I am new to the game and I have started a driver PE. Does anybody have a guide for being a driver or at least a few tips on what to spend my points on. Thanks.

Clive tombstone
11-12-05, 05:24
OK heres some tips from the master (or at least one of em) As a driver PE, you have one of two ways to go about it. You can go about being a Driver PE with the full intentions of driving and gunning, or the other, just driving. If your Gunna be doing the first option, Then your weapons of choice will be HC weapons. Stay FAR away from rifles and pistols, as youll need your precious dex skill points for agility, Veh, repair and other stuff. The HC is also good for the turrets mounted on the vehicles themselves.

With the other version, which is just driving, youll be simply driving, with MAYBE a little gunning depending how you spend your STR points. You can still focus on driving, but Dex related trade skills will suffer, so its probably better if you neglect them untill you capt levels.

ALso, for the last type, you can use int related imps to actually Gliders, but becarefull, there really fragile, meaning hitting a bush or tree can destroy it. Also Try to NEVER drug and drive, youll get zoning bugs Galor, Even worse when trying to use the high end Gliders, but I wouldnt worry about that now until later ok?

Finally with vehicles in general, Be NEXT, there epic reward is MADE for drivers, as its "invincable" (mean when its destroyed, it can be repaired completely for a REALLY cheap price). Also, If you finish that, and you went the gunning path as well, work your way to CM, and get there speed gat as well. Its a really nice weapon, and IDeal for an HC PE.

Hope that helps. PS dont touch the REALLY high tl Gliders, I really hate saying this since I think its a gay concept in itself, but the Carrier and bomber were made for the spies almost only because drugging is very dangerous and just plain buggy.

vashtyphoon78
11-12-05, 06:20
I am the Spy version of clive, basically one of the only pilots on Terra. here are my tips if you fly gliders.

1. Gliders you NEVER will drug to fly, if your drugs run out when zoning, you WILL crash and have to restart NC. Same goes for Buffs.

2. Gliders take a small hill or ramp to take off, there is an ideal place at Desert Race Track, and a Semi ideal one at Battledome. Gliders will not take off without some form of a ramp.

3. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE GROUND. The ground is your worst enemy as a Pilot. it will decimate your vehicles. Same with things like the ASG towers, and gogos and etc.

4. The only Flying vehicle that does not take a ramp to take off, is the Hoverbomber/Carrier. These things you will not want to invest in until you are rather skilled at flying a glider. To take off, set your Reticle perfectlly level, and then press the "Forward" key to lift off. From there you fly it like a fucked up helicopter. Aim the reticle down to go forward, while holding the Thrust on. Just be sure to stay the fuck away from trees/ buildings/ the ground.

whooplaw
11-12-05, 07:30
okay can i switch factions as i already made the char Diamond realestate b/c i didn't know any better? if so how do i switch?

Edit: also what levels should i look to buy a vehicle? and where should i hunt in it? Also, i put alot of points into pistol how do i de allocate those point adn put them VHC? Should i put spare dex into t-c, i mean i have to have a groudn weapon of some sort right?

cMz
11-12-05, 08:53
You can switch faction, but it cost 300000 and I think you need 50 sympathy for the faction you want to switch to.

If you havent leveled very high, it would be easier to just start a new driver char.

CMaster
11-12-05, 15:38
http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154&page=3&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=60&daysprune=-1