PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed: Client Issues.

yavimaya
10-12-05, 07:16
Hi,
I recently downloaded the Nc2 evo full client to try to get rid of some of these crashes, which have been getting more frequent.

- Downloaded from 3DDownloads.com

I uninstalled NC2, and reinstalled the Evo version.
Now I am having major problems, no text is showing, i can make my way through and login, but it takes about 5 minutes of a simple black screen (no synchronizing) before my character will show, meanwhile its eating up about 750mb of ram, about twice what it used too.

When i get in i am not sync'd properly, i get no HUD text, and no enemies/ players show either.

I have run a file check, all is fine, i have reinstalled about 3 times now, doesnt help.
I am DL'ing it from the D-O-Y site and 4Players.de right now. hope it helps.

Anyone know what could be wrong?

john irons
10-12-05, 09:28
[ edited ]

rob444
10-12-05, 12:04
Hmm, there was a guy not long ago who had the same problem I think, me and crazy thought it was driver issues (direct x / gfx), not sure how the guy solved it though. But it appears it's either your direct x or gfx card drivers.

So I would suggest uninstalling nc 2 evo and then make sure all nc2 folders (old and new) are totally gone. Then go into registry and clean all neocron/neocron 2 keys you can find (normally under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Reakktor or HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Reakktor - however, didn't find anything really that could have f*cked up your fonts). Hmm and then I guess you could remove all temporary files, you never know, fixed my girlfriend's guildwars crashing so far.

Hope it works out.

And John, try being supportive :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
10-12-05, 14:56
Just reboot - your font cache needs updating.

N

john irons
10-12-05, 19:51
supportive?

hey if i knew how to stop the fres,50/50 bug,sync bug,perma sync,cab wipe,zone and get kicked bug,pe lip bug,vehicle dissapearing on zone bug,memory leak,fix the rokkerware and reload times...

then i would

Spermy
10-12-05, 21:03
supportive?

hey if i knew how to stop the fres,50/50 bug,sync bug,perma sync,cab wipe,zone and get kicked bug,pe lip bug,vehicle dissapearing on zone bug,memory leak,fix the rokkerware and reload times...

then i would

Are you even in game? ¬_¬

yavimaya
10-12-05, 21:47
Thank you to most who replied.

I think i may have rebooted somewhere along the line without remembering, because i tried a couple more reinstalls and now it works.

So if anyone gets the same problem as me, reboot as Nid said, if tht doesnt help, just keep trying i guess.