PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] What FACTION to start in?

kvhn
10-12-05, 00:16
I am a new PLAYER... anyone know what Faction should i start in that make it fun and easy for NEWBIE? or any just fine?

Galileo
10-12-05, 00:56
NeXT I think for a newbie

BlackDove
10-12-05, 01:23
Newbie?

Biotech.

For the MOVEON.

Dribble Joy
10-12-05, 02:19
Just so you know, the moveon is an implant you get from doing BT's 'epic' run/quest. Each faction has their own reward, but some are better for new players than others.

Asurmen Spec Op
10-12-05, 03:30
Any but merc

Inntal
10-12-05, 11:18
Any but merc

I second that... for a newbie CM is the worst choice of all (considering Mr Jones and the stupid storages).

Koast
10-12-05, 12:09
IMO choose any faction you want. There is alot of helpful people in this world. You may have to search for them more then often. However, they are there. In my case I read over the whole timeline. Also, the backround of each clan. From what I read. I chose the clan that best suited my style. Thus far, I have been happy. Don't be discouraged first off. It may seem desolated. It's not desolated though. I usually chat on the Help channel to keep me company. That's where I have met most of my friends. I really hope you enjoy your time in neocron. If you don't good luck to you in the next life of MMORPG's.

Superbron
10-12-05, 12:15
Newbie?

Biotech.

For the MOVEON.
As he said

nemesys
13-12-05, 00:48
and i'm a noob.

Speaking as such, read the faction info.. read it ALL. if you don't like that much reading, you may wish to reconsider the whole thing, since you're gonna be doing quite a bit of it. Mission decs, item descs, help channel, etc and so forth.

That out of the way, you may hate NeXT. So don't go there. I'd make a guy you may wish to keep and do the tutorial, then when he gets "out" of the tut, you should have a very basic idea about some of the very basic parts of the game :lol: .

Use your other charslot(s) if you absolutely cannot choose. leave your 'main' alone and go poking around. make a new guy, skip tutuorial, look around, kill him, make new guy, skip, look. etc. Chances are you won't get this far and will have an idea of what you like/want early on in this process.

But since this game is so complicated anyway, only two hard things i would stick with for your first real character:

1) Don't take ANY DoY faction. You can make one later, but it is not new-person-friendly. You will be dazed and confused. OTOH, you may find this fun(ny) and have a great time. But most probably you should stick with NC factions, aka the City, aka "Pro" (as opposed to the DoY, "Antis").

2) Take a class/profession and a faction whose description, goals, plans, etc whatever, you like. Don't go "ugh i hate this stuff i read about NeXT but they all said it's the best minmax choice so i'll take it." What's gonna happen is, by the time you figure out more or less what's going on, how to do things, how stuff works, etc., you're going to have a fair bit of time invested in your main and maybe even one or two shiny toys you like, and you may not really feel like killing him off and starting all over again. It's easier if you've made the class/profession/faction you like, cos while 'respeccing' (called Lom here) isn't a trivial process, it's possible, and even some pretty awful blunders with skillpoints can be undone with some cash and patience.

Spermy
13-12-05, 11:26
But since this game is so complicated anyway, only two hard things i would stick with for your first real character:

1) Don't take ANY DoY faction. You can make one later, but it is not new-person-friendly. You will be dazed and confused. OTOH, you may find this fun(ny) and have a great time. But most probably you should stick with NC factions, aka the City, aka "Pro" (as opposed to the DoY, "Antis").

2) Take a class/profession and a faction whose description, goals, plans, etc whatever, you like. Don't go "ugh i hate this stuff i read about NeXT but they all said it's the best minmax choice so i'll take it." What's gonna happen is, by the time you figure out more or less what's going on, how to do things, how stuff works, etc., you're going to have a fair bit of time invested in your main and maybe even one or two shiny toys you like, and you may not really feel like killing him off and starting all over again. It's easier if you've made the class/profession/faction you like, cos while 'respeccing' (called Lom here) isn't a trivial process, it's possible, and even some pretty awful blunders with skillpoints can be undone with some cash and patience.

He speaketh the truth - pertaining to the Alliance sides - Dome or Neocron, he's also right, But (this is coming from an NC1 vet, when things were a little different) Starting as a Fallen angel, isn't as tricky as it was before - it might take you say an hour or so's gametime longr to find your feet, mainly because of the walking around the dome, it's like a huge maze.

But I can say, I've been a fallen angel all my time here, and i've never stayed in any other faction very long - I tried out other factions and found that I preferred the company of the Fallen Angels. They're freindly, always up to mischief (:D) and always ready for a chat, RP or other randomness Hell, I went base jumping the other day with Rosalind mendoza :p with a PPU of course :p

I'm biased, but i'd recomend the Fallen angels. Thats purely from a community aspect, if you're a power player, i'd take maybe Biotech, NeXT or Protopharm.

Oh.

And play a tank.

With a speedie.

:D

Mr Kot
13-12-05, 19:45
ProtoPharm is a nice newbie friendly faction too. Nice starter apartment. Epic reward that can be used by any class (not to mention a newbie friendly epic mission)

If you like your guns, Tangent Technologies is the faction for you. Epic rewards (there is a choice) will not be suitable for melee users or monks.

wargolem
13-12-05, 20:24
Any but merc
disagree i would start city mercs for sure the people that post here dont think somtimes especially asur... ehem.

no no listen start city mercs cos u get 8 faction symp to all this means that u can change to any other faction in the game easily and faction hop from one to the other in just a couple of hours doing epics. Also as mercs u can go anywhere which allows u to explore all the factions guilds etc before u make ur final choice.

As you can faction hop u can get the 6(7) good epic rewards and then sell them and become a rich newbie in less than a month.

good epics are
Tsunami
City mercs
Biotech
Protopharma
Crahn
next
(tangent pistol/rifle)

good luck :)