PDA

View Full Version : New Class?

Super Mario
10-12-05, 00:10
I was just thinking maybe we need a new class in the game... It's just that i know alot of people who have been playing the game for a long time may have a capped char in every class. Maybe a change is needed? or maybe when the classes reach mid-high lvl they could move to learning (advancing) a skill from another class. (i really dont know) just a thought for some ideas to be posted along these lines!

nabbl
10-12-05, 00:21
sth. like orcs, elves and so on? ^^

Vampire222
10-12-05, 00:26
professional carebear
int 130 base
str 10
con 10
dex 110 base
psi 10 base
:lol:

Super Mario
10-12-05, 01:18
If all your gonna do is just take the piss then whats the point in suggesting things... in other words if you have nothing constructive to say dont say anything and let the post drop.

-FN-
10-12-05, 01:58
What sort of character could they realistically create?

300 points distributed between the 5 skills...

INT - 80 - Possible Tradeskiller/Hacker Alternative?
STR - 55 - Decent Mid-Level Armor
DEX - 55 - Not enough DEX for anything useful really
CON - 55 - Worse con than a PE, better than a Spy
PSI - 55 - @ PSI Cap - Blessed Heal

This almost fits the description of a PE better than the current PE... But there's a huge lack of offense unless INT weapons were introduced - perhaps in the form of traps or something - mines, turret control, etc... they'd be a decent support character more than anything.

Without a new skill or subskills, it'd be hard to come up with anything decent.

Zeninja
10-12-05, 02:19
INT - 80 - Possible Tradeskiller/Hacker Alternative?
STR - 55 - Decent Mid-Level Armor
DEX - 55 - Not enough DEX for anything useful really
CON - 55 - Worse con than a PE, better than a Spy
PSI - 55 - @ PSI Cap - Blessed Heal
Unlabeled Plasma Canon + HEW Flamer, Blessed Heal + PE Resists, whiners whining :rolleyes:

Terayon
10-12-05, 02:25
You could use a regular plasma cannon and still have a slot for a ppr in that setup while using a blessed heal.

ZoVoS
10-12-05, 05:07
130 str
120 con
10 dex
40 int
0 psi

cyborg

ur gun has to be implanted in slot one. can only use heavy or meele.

Superbron
10-12-05, 13:37
Mutant class:
INT 40
STR 40
CON 40
DEX 40
PSI 40
[new mutant skill] 100

Ozzon
10-12-05, 14:01
80 str
80 psi
80 int
40 con
20 dex

That would be er... a new breed of tank'o'monks, gimped resists with good armor, using melee and APU psi powers (should be restricted to APU only).

=REMUS=
10-12-05, 14:57
Not really gonna happen is it?

retr0n
10-12-05, 15:00
I would love a new class. Not sure what kind but it doesn't really matter much,
as long as it's thought out well. And after this many years, the current ones
are actually getting a bit boring.

Is it even possible to add new classes? Or new skills? Or is that simply to much work?

=REMUS=
10-12-05, 15:21
I would love a new class. Not sure what kind but it doesn't really matter much,
as long as it's thought out well. And after this many years, the current ones
are actually getting a bit boring.

Is it even possible to add new classes? Or new skills? Or is that simply to much work?

I think it would simply be difficult to come up with a new class since the current selection covers all classic rp charecter styles.

A mutant class however would be the most viable option, with high condition and psi but not enough to make the Tank and Monk classes obsolete.

naimex
10-12-05, 16:21
almost no matter what you do, you will fuck up the "balance" there is now, if you put in a new char, and then we will have to start all over with balancing issues...

Superbron
10-12-05, 16:24
almost no matter what you do, you will fuck up the "balance" there is now, if you put in a new char, and then we will have to start all over with balancing issues...
I think the solution for this problem is the introduction of another main skill.

Clobber
10-12-05, 16:36
Put in another class ???

What a retarded idea when we have problems with the current ones still, after all this time. KK cant put a weapon in the game properly nevermind a new class ffs.

naimex
10-12-05, 16:44
I think the solution for this problem is the introduction of another main skill.

how would you justify this skill to the other classes?

simply raise the total stats from 300 to 400 ?

since the new class would have to be a specialized class in that field, and the 4 other classes would HAVE to have some points in it to justify it being new, not to fuck them over.

So you will have to expand the total skill points from 300 to atleast 350, and most likely 400.

And then again, you will have to balance all not 4, but 5 classes to eachother.

Hell-demon
11-12-05, 12:40
Nomad class

80 strength
60 Dex
60 Con
40 Intell
60 Psi

Dr J Zoidberg
11-12-05, 13:11
Mutant class:
INT 40
STR 40
CON 40
DEX 40
PSI 40
[new mutant skill] 100

Very good idea. This is the one that I think is suitable for all. A new skill unlocks new possibilities to all of us, and a new range of weapons and some new role play and story line.

//

In 2810 The Techhaven Angels-Biotech Chemichal Corp. developed a chemical called Geno-X-DnaH-Mod. It was a massive secret operation that was carried out even further deep than the haven, where the Geno-Rad compound was found. It was the rementance of a ginormous landfill site from the 21st century.

They knew what the chemical did but they had not tested it on a human or an animal to that date.

They contracted the City Mercs to collect up the Villians of the New world to become testers for this new chemical. The City Mercs collected 30 subjects from all over the map. Little did they know what these bedraggled lowlives of the world were going to have done to them. If they did they would not have collected them up.

When the prisoners were in the undergound of the haven, the testing began. The chemical was injected IV to affect the blood stream directly. The results were horrifying. The Men and Women were warped, twisted and destroyed. 9 of the subjects killed themselves from the pain, the others did not have a chance. the Geno-X-DnaH-Mod had allready affected the DNA helix of the subjects, and there was no going back.

The results for some of the subjects was not as Angels-Biotech Chemichal Corp. had expected some of the DNA strands had not been altered, but one subject, Dazeen Reza was altered into what they had expected. He became a ginormous monster nothing like they had seen before. It was horrible.

They rounded up the mutants, and shipped them to the Regents Legacy, a giant facility that was built for the misfits created by Angels-Biotech Chemichal Corp.

Unfortunately in 2890 the security line was breached, the mutants escaped and wandered the wastlands polluting the ground where they stood.

The genotoxic mutants overpowered the wastelands, and super irradiated the ground, and all that passed by got covered with a DNA altering Genotoxic mud.

They turned into mutants themselves.

Fortunately the Genotoxic mud did not affect certain strands of DNA, so the main part of the person's class was not affected, but some of the skills were.

Intelegence was decreased and strengeth was increased, dexterity was decreased and the constitution of the monster's was increased. The Psi effects of the person were not afected. It seems as if the Genotixic mud had no affect on the PSI Gene in the Dna Helix.

And it was so, a new Genotoxic mutant DNA strand was constructed. It ravaged peoples bodies turning the skin green, and the nervous system being destroyed. The monsters were hideious, some had started crawling arround on the floor, some stood, but with great lame legs and lame skeleton structures.

//

To be continued!

-Z

Superbron
11-12-05, 13:23
how would you justify this skill to the other classes?

simply raise the total stats from 300 to 400 ?

since the new class would have to be a specialized class in that field, and the 4 other classes would HAVE to have some points in it to justify it being new, not to fuck them over.

So you will have to expand the total skill points from 300 to atleast 350, and most likely 400.

And then again, you will have to balance all not 4, but 5 classes to eachother.
First things first. No need to rush. Let's introduce the new main skill for a new class first, so you don't have to balance other classes with this new main skill.

Maybe later make the new main skill slightly available to other classes by raising the total skill points...

Torq
11-12-05, 13:33
Nomad class

80 strength
60 Dex
60 Con
40 Intell
60 Psi
If u would go for max STR u could use: emm
Berz 3 (+5), STR Booster 3 (+5), Moveon (+3) Marine (+5) Herc (+6), Beast (+5), Xstrong (+4) = STR 113 = PoB.
Take a Nightspider and u get access to blessed Shelter and holy def. 60 base con is not THAT bad and 60 Dex-Level for AGl.... hey i like that class.

Spermy
11-12-05, 13:58
I dunno - NC still has more character combinations than most MMO's, classes are mainly a formality for a skillset, and making another skillset would mean balancing the other classes, possibly items too, and at the extreme creatures, to account for any possible extra utility that skillset would bring...

Helluva lotta work there.

Sunny Rosalind
11-12-05, 15:37
I hope this isn't going too off topic, but...

I would rather see new weapontypes, skill combinations, and professions, instead of entirely new classes. It's already been said like a bajillion times in this thread, adding new classes with new skills and subskills is a gigantic step and will probably create many many balancing issues.

Some ideas for new weapontypes/skill combinations:

Willpower/Mental Steadiness : Maybe some new/redesigned type of psi? Perhaps this could be the new exotic psi use from beta, where resurrections/damageboosts could go, in conjunction with some new psi powers (telekinesis psi spell? does little damage but can knock the target back a few yards?)

Implant/Weaponlore : Maybe the requirements for a new type of gun? A multifunctional dartgun, that can be loaded with different types of ammo (heal cartridges, S/D cartridges, buff cartridges for allies; poison cartridges, parashock cartridges, psi-juice-drainy cartridges for enemies?), it seems kind of dumb that the only type of 'medic' character is a psi monk!

Barter/Psi Use : Speechcraft/Animal Control? Could have a bunch of abilities that would manipulate NPCs? Perhaps a psi spell that would make enemy NPCs attack other NPCs, and give other players a little tiny bit of drugflash (no movement wackiness though!)

I've always enjoyed playing the indirect-damage-dealer in other games! I had so much fun being a controller in city of heroes, a dominator in city of villains, and a mesmer in guild wars... although, would indirect-damage-dealers really fit into neocron's FPS combat system?

I really have no concept of balance though, and I'm absolutely pitiful at FPS combat, so please don't get too offended if one of my ideas is completely outrageously awful! :)

And if if I had to make a new class...
INT 55
STR 60
CON 65
DEX 80
PSI 40

A PE that could resurrect, if completely whacked out with psi implants and drugged up to high hell with psi stuff! :)

CMaster
11-12-05, 16:06
Adding a new stat would be problematic and in my view a bad idea.
The inherrent problem with this whole thin, is the overpowered nature of defensive Psi. It just has too much influence. Would Dex 100 and Con 100 be overpowered? nope, because con helps, but not that much. Would Dex 100 and Psi 100 be overpowered? Hell yes, because they could be virtually unkillable and use a Slasher...

Basically, we can't really give any new class more than 40 psi or so, which is a shame as All that is really lacking is a class with psi as a secondary skill. It also eliminates the opportunity for the "copmletely average" calss (60 in all skills).

At the moment, I don't see a real need for any other class, save one which bridges the "good with psi/weak with psi" gap, and that would currently be unbalanced...

n3m
11-12-05, 16:13
Let's balance the current ones first :x