PDA

View Full Version : languages on other servers

cRazy-
09-12-05, 17:02
Can we please have certain languages enforced to there own servers.

I dont mind if french players come to terra since they dont have a server. But when I see 100% german speaking players on Terra it just baffles me.

Its also a pain in the ass, for example when im trying to reset a cave or dungeon and theres one german guy in, I try to DM him asking him to reset and I get a response in german, when I read it in more detail i find that he cant speak english, so he doesnt have a clue what im talking about.

So if someone has his/hers own language server, can that person be enforced to stay there?

Mighty Max
09-12-05, 17:06
Hmm ? No!

Why should i be forced to go on Mars, if my mates are on Terra?

If you got specific problems with one individual, call a GM - done.

Dribble Joy
09-12-05, 17:07
Not going to happen. All servers are uni-lingual, only the service is in eng or ger.

Zefrian
09-12-05, 17:13
Its also a pain in the ass, for example when im trying to reset a cave or dungeon and theres one german guy in, I try to DM him asking him to reset and I get a response in german, when I read it in more detail i find that he cant speak english, so he doesnt have a clue what im talking about.

Try: "Bitte verlasse das Cave für ein Reset des Caves."

"Please leave the cave for a reset of the cave."

It's not very propper German, but easy understandable.

RogerRamjet
09-12-05, 17:28
Ive had this problem on Mars/Mercury. I can speak very limited German, and sometimes when ive spoke English ive been told to go back to "my" server. My usual response is that i pay for this game, so ill play any server i like.

I also tell them not to be ignorant. Which helps.

IceStorm
09-12-05, 17:31
The language on the servers is for support only. The playerbase can speak whatever language they want. It's always been like this.

Superbron
09-12-05, 18:06
The language on the servers is for support only. The playerbase can speak whatever language they want. It's always been like this.Yes! Actually my favorite language is Frisian.

LTA
09-12-05, 18:23
Just start talkin out your ass.... find the large majority will understand you with no problems.

Sarcasm aside, servers always been multi lingual (even the french server as much as they despised english and tried to get a filter to block out anyone but french) just for support mostly :p

Philchow
09-12-05, 18:47
even the french server as much as they despised english and tried to get a filter to block out anyone but french

I recognize that some French used to have trash talks when English players went on Venus/Pandore but you're not entirely right. We used to have one to three English dudes in our clan, and all the clan was talking in English for him (them) to feel well welcomed. Even those who can't hardly say a word in English some days ago.

cRazy-
09-12-05, 18:48
Hmm ? No!

Why should i be forced to go on Mars, if my mates are on Terra?

If you got specific problems with one individual, call a GM - done.

No, i dont care if your german or whatever, you can be any nationality you like. what im talking about is a german or any other nation player who cannot speak any english at all.

By the look of it you can speak better english then some english players Oo

I wish some solution could be solved its beyond annoying when theres a huge language barrier between half the players.

And thanks Zefrian, i'll try learning that one line, it will probably help :D

LTA
09-12-05, 18:50
I recognize that some French used to have trash talks when English players went on Venus/Pandore but you're not entirely right. We used to have one to three English dudes in our clan, and all the clan was talking in English for him (them) to feel welcomed.

I know not everyone but i am sure i can put one name straight up here... and most of you would have to admit is a blatent racist but i wont but i seem to remember said person having a long neocron life despite the racism and despite the chat logs i sent...

I know there was plenty of french willing to help but i also remember that Filter thread having a long list of people who supported it and i also remember the numerous dm's my ppu would get from English haters...

Philchow
09-12-05, 18:52
I know there was plenty of french willing to help but i also remember that Filter thread having a long list of people who supported it and i also remember the numerous dm's my ppu would get from English haters...

I feel sorry for you then since I met this kind of situation myself.

LTA
09-12-05, 19:01
I feel sorry for you then since I met this kind of situation myself.

Peopel assume i was anti french but we worked with our faction as much as we could.... just other people couldnt let it slide i spose but hey we all here playing now so dont see language as a problem..

Pretend its errrr people who have emigrated from Tokyo :p

kurai
09-12-05, 22:29
I wish some solution could be solved its beyond annoying when theres a huge language barrier between half the players.There's one incredibly fucking obvious solution - if you are that bothered about it learn the language. :rolleyes:

Superbron
10-12-05, 12:26
There's one incredibly fucking obvious solution - if you are that bothered about it learn the language. :rolleyes:
Oui, c'est frais naturellement :D

Dade Murphey
10-12-05, 12:35
I think it's kinda fun...it's like a game, trying to figure out what they're saying to you when you don't speak it...a puzzle...There's a french guy on terra that talks to one of my characters...I managed to work out "gun" "sell" and a couple other words...don't know what 75% of what he said was...but I'm fairly certain I sold him a gun...