PDA

View Full Version : Would this game be fun for an ex Planetside player?

Jaged
09-12-05, 05:18
I was discussing MMOFPS's with a friend of mine. I thought Planetside was the only good one ever made. (WW2OL being the other one) He told me about Neocron. I had never heard of this game before. I have done a bit of research and I am curious about the game. I have a few questions:

1. Is this game similar to planetside at all?
2. Is combat PvP, PvE or both?
3. Is there much of a grind?
4. I have played many MMORPG's and always got bored with them quickly. FPS's, however hold my attention for a long time (MMOFPS's in particular, I played planetside from beta until its death when they added the mechs.) Will this game hold my attention?
5. Do enough people still play for the game to feel populated and be fun?
6. How are the graphics?

Thanks.

Asurmen Spec Op
09-12-05, 05:21
I was discussing MMOFPS's with a friend of mine. I thought Planetside was the only good one ever made. (WW2OL being the other one) He told me about Neocron. I had never heard of this game before. I have done a bit of research and I am curious about the game. I have a few questions:

1. Is this game similar to planetside at all?
2. Is combat PvP, PvE or both?
3. Is there much of a gring?
4. I have played many MMORPG's and always got bored with them quickly. FPS's, however hold my attention for a long time (MMOFPS's in particular, I played planetside from beta until its death when they added the mechs.) Will this game hold my attention?
5. Do enough people still play for the game to feel populated and be fun?
6. How are the graphics?

Thanks.
Having Played PS since Beta and WW2OL since 2 months after releace, yes you will like it.
1: Not really, the PVP is alot less massive groups
2:Both, though the end game is cenetered around pvp
3: if you mean grind, very little you can be FULLy ready for PVP in 3 weeks if ya know what your doing
4:It has a bit of a learning curve, but past that its sexy....
5:Its populated enough to fell good :)
6: I find them spiffy, nothing 2006 but I still damn well like them.

Jaged
09-12-05, 05:26
Everything sounds great except for one thing you said.

"you can be fully ready for pvp in 3 weeks"

Does that mean that there is no or little PvP at lower lvls?
How much fun is the PvE, and is it FPS style PvE combat?

Asurmen Spec Op
09-12-05, 05:37
Everything sounds great except for one thing you said.

"you can be fully ready for pvp in 3 weeks"

Does that mean that there is no or little PvP at lower lvls?
How much fun is the PvE, and is it FPS style PvE combat?
PVP is POSSIBLE at lower levels, but pretty much stupid :)
All combat is FPS style, you have to aim.
PvE is the funnest Ive had of any game, but when I got to the PVP Ive never wanted to go back

terminal_mehmet
09-12-05, 07:46
PVP is POSSIBLE at lower levels, but pretty much stupid :)
All combat is FPS style, you have to aim.
PvE is the funnest Ive had of any game, but when I got to the PVP Ive never wanted to go back

He can always neofrag if he gets super bored. Neofrag is PvP in a sort of virtual battleground, like a holodeck.

I suggest you sign up for the trial. It IS free, after all. You might like it.

Tauan
09-12-05, 08:02
:lol: well it is fun...playued plaetside and i like my neocrack

MaGn0lia
09-12-05, 09:26
I think NC suits me better than Planetside, Planetside is all the same all the time, NC has more variation, thanks to it's RPG side.

Well, the graphics are rather softpoint in NC, some of the graphics are just fugly and thw worst part is that most of the fugly graphics are the new ones, but it's better than the Planetside's 1gig ram requirement, eh?

The battles are not always as massive as Planetside can have, but some of the biggest fights I have seen have rivalred those of the Planetside. And most of the people left here anymore are the PVPrs, much thank to them they have killed the RPG side of the game almost totally.

But I must warn you, the death penalty is by far the most severe you have or will see in any game. It kills the dying in a game where death is inevitable, so bring a PPU.

nellus
09-12-05, 11:23
i havent played planetside so i dont know anything about it but i played SWG for a few months and didnt like it so all my attention came back to Neocron where i live and die. (die a lot actually)

give the trial a go its great fun and i bet you get hooked

Tostino
10-12-05, 00:22
But I must warn you, the death penalty is by far the most severe you have or will see in any game. It kills the dying in a game where death is inevitable, so bring a PPU.
What are you talking about? You die, go to TH, wait off 5 min of SI, get poked, and your off again. You do drop a belt when you die, it could be anything on you (other then implanted implants, or the item in your safe-slot, or a epic item). But for the person that killed you to get that belt he needs to hack it. And not all people can hack. So most of the time you will be able to get it back.

joran420
10-12-05, 00:35

O.o Neocron prolly has the easiest death penalty out there...well Wow's is pretty easy too

Asurmen Spec Op
10-12-05, 00:42
Stop smoking it.

Spermy
10-12-05, 19:34
, so bring a PPU.

I'll cut yo' face!

CUT YO' FACE! >_<

Riddle
11-12-05, 00:43
WARNING : The subtance known to few as "NeoCrack" is highly addictive :D