PDA

View Full Version : Amusing Bug :p

Spermy
08-12-05, 18:37
Any item you put under a christmas tree will stay there - I put my flamer - misile launcher and fusion cannon under :p - Christmas cheer for all!

Kozmos
08-12-05, 18:41
Any item you put under a christmas tree will stay there - I put my flamer - misile launcher and fusion cannon under :p - Christmas cheer for all!

whats with the fuckin huge clipping boxes around the trees this year ? :| just a complete pain in the ass

Spermy
08-12-05, 18:44
Poo - now they're despawning - I put nice things there so when the tree disappeared someone would get some nice pressies. :'(

=REMUS=
08-12-05, 20:44
everything in a zone gets reset at 12 on the clock or somthing like that doesnt it?

Tidus_Origin
09-12-05, 19:05
everything in a zone gets reset at 12 on the clock or somthing like that doesnt it?

When the in-game time hits midnight (00:00). ;)

LiL T
09-12-05, 19:49

Nope items on the floor stay for there set time, if the zone becomes empty it shuts down kind of but if the zone has people in it those items will vanish to free up resorces for those people. Nothing to do with the 0:00 zone reset other wise the items I put on the floor in my appy would not stay there for months, what does happen at zone reset is dead mobs repawn instantly. Also mobs you were fighting may disapear for a short amount of time, like 3 seconds while the zone refreshes. Its fairly safe to drop items on your appy floor provided no one is in that zone after you drop them, the zone will shutdown untill someone enters.

Same thing happens with vehicals, if you get your hovertech stuck in some water in a zone where hardly anyone enters, it will be a long time till it despawns. People have to be in the zone for the set amount of time for it to despawn, thats why if you get a vehical stuck somewhere you should wait 30 mins or how ever long it takes till it despawns.

Superbron
09-12-05, 20:12
:lol:

pain_easer
25-12-05, 00:42
Yea , only if people threw there nc1 items under the tree so i could pick them up :)

nobby
25-12-05, 02:38
I wish fucking KK would do something PROPER for Christmas!

Why can't they simply change the textures for rotton boxes and turn them into Presents...That way, GM's could go to everyones apartment, leave the present and some nice goods inside and a dataDisc saying, "With Love from Santa..."

GOD SAKE KK :(

why are we always coming up with Ideas?

Mr Kot
26-12-05, 18:32
Why can't they simply change the textures for rotton boxes and turn them into Presents...That way, GM's could go to everyones apartment, leave the present and some nice goods inside and a dataDisc saying, "With Love from Santa..."
Cause they would have to change them all back again afterwards... but presents in abandoned dungeons and remote wasteland sectors will just look silly.

Having said that, they could easily implement another world object that resembles a present, opens like a box and is placable only by GMs. The datadisc idea is certainly possible. A trader should sell presents as placable furniture that you could place under a xmas tree, but wouldn't be openable in any way... just for decoration.

Paper Dragon
26-12-05, 18:44
I suppose they could add some of tree with christmas....things on, christmas decorations - or christmas trees - you could call them. Perhaps in the Plaza areas.

Maybe Reakktor might want to consider putting some white snow-type weather effect in a patch as well, to represent snow.

Just a couple things Reakktor could do. Of course, as Nobby says Reakktor never does anything for us, we have to assume he's right.

Mr Kot
26-12-05, 18:49
I suppose they could add some of tree with christmas....things on, christmas decorations - or christmas trees - you could call them. Perhaps in the Plaza areas.

Maybe Reakktor might want to consider putting some white snow-type weather effect in a patch as well, to represent snow.

Just a couple things Reakktor could do. Of course, as Nobby says Reakktor never does anything for us, we have to assume he's right.LOL :lol:

...and they would never dream of dressing GMs up in santa style copbot suits ;)