PDA

View Full Version : [OT - help - whatever] Need a bit of computer help

Heavyporker
08-12-05, 17:59
*sigh* three months and still shit. And I'm leaving town soon for Winter Break with my mom and two new brothers.

Anyways...

The problem with my computer seems to be narrowed down a little. Driver issues, certainly, but one major issue is completely blocking any chance of repairing this -

Does anyone know where I can download a free, clean, legal, unfrigged-with Microsoft SP2 (or certain portions, such as the whatsisthingmajig Device Manager thingie) other than the Microsoft website, because it's been friggin' flaky all this time. We can't reinstall because we need SP2 beforehand, and we're not risking anything drastic now because well, the risks aren't worth it - we have a computer with WORKING ACCESS to the internet, so basically... I'm S.O.L until I can get all the pieces together.

Vryce
08-12-05, 21:50
Try zdnet.com, site for Ziff-Davis; lots of downloads, business and otherwise.

Redburn
09-12-05, 00:46
Hey HP when are you ever going to get back in the game??

Here's the link to MS' download page for SP2, this does not use the update program all your doing is download the service pack 2 you have to install manually. Hope this helps

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

Heavyporker
09-12-05, 01:26
If I can get the damn vid card/sound card to be accepted by this computer, then I'd be able to play Neocron.

Amazing how so many movies and games refuse to load simply because of a fucking dumbass sound card. I'm deaf, what the fuck good does a sound card do me?!