PDA

View Full Version : Questions about a combat scenario.

Hutton
08-12-05, 15:24
I'm a new player, and I was walking through the grassland when a pack of wolves came after me. I beat a retreat back to a building and climbed to the second floor where I could deal with them from a safe perch. While I was up there shooting at the wolves, bats started attacking me.

There was also a pawn broker on the second floor. He had what appeared to be a shot gun that he was firing. At first I thought he was helping me, but then a realized that every time he fired, I was getting hit.

So I started shooting back at him. Then he turned to face me and I really started to get hit hard, although I couldn't seem to hurt him. In the end, I had to jump of the roof and run like hell.

So my questions are:

Will a pawnbroker join in a fight on your side?

Might he side with critters?

Could he have been hitting me accidentally?

Do mobs ever accidentally hit targets that get in their way?

What about splash damage?

Is it possible to kill a pawn broker?

If I go back there, will he still be angry?

Thanks.

xyl_az
08-12-05, 15:31
So my questions are:

its a bug, he will shoot anyone who come near

dunno, i think he will shoot both players and critters alike

nah, its a bug, dont worry about it

only with aoe weapons (area damage) and certain spells

its kind of aoe damage as well (small area damage)

possible - yes

he will stop after zonning/relogging

Asurmen Spec Op
08-12-05, 15:32
I'm a new player, and I was walking through the grassland when a pack of wolves came after me. I beat a retreat back to a building and climbed to the second floor where I could deal with them from a safe perch. While I was up there shooting at the wolves, bats started attacking me.

There was also a pawn broker on the second floor. He had what appeared to be a shot gun that he was firing. At first I thought he was helping me, but then a realized that every time he fired, I was getting hit.

So I started shooting back at him. Then he turned to face me and I really started to get hit hard, although I couldn't seem to hurt him. In the end, I had to jump of the roof and run like hell.

So my questions are:

Dont think so

I assume
dont think so
yes
if they are AOE
negative
nope
Thanks.
arrrrr

xyl_az
08-12-05, 15:42
mmhm, is it impossible to kill a npc trader nowadays?

Riddle
09-12-05, 12:02
Depends where you where if 'Critters' approach some NPC's will attack them, They will generally only attack someone of an opposing Faction or if you attack them first either through a direct hit or splash effect.

NPC's Traders where protected I think a while back to prevent easy Sympathy gain. So can't be killed.

CMaster
09-12-05, 14:51
Basically, all trader NPCs are A: godmoded and B: Trader Union.
Trader Union is allied to ALL FACTION, including the ones mobs are in. If they see someone attacking their allies, they will open fire on it.

sultana
09-12-05, 15:03
NPC's Traders where protected I think a while back to prevent easy Sympathy gain. So can't be killed.
I think it was more to do with stoping players griefing others by killing all the NPCs so they couldn't buy whatever certain items. Seeing as the Plaza and ViaRosso sectors were no longer safe at the NC2 Launch.

Also it might have been to stop the huge soullight loss you got when you killed one (usually accidentally) at outposts, by AoEing near them or shooting them once by mistake or whatever else.

The Ottoman
09-12-05, 18:14

Thanks.

Aaah, nostalgia. Those were the days.

Hutton
09-12-05, 19:05
Basically, all trader NPCs are A: godmoded and B: Trader Union.
Trader Union is allied to ALL FACTION, including the ones mobs are in. If they see someone attacking their allies, they will open fire on it.
This addresses another question I had about Cop-bots.

I've been playing on the PvP server but, despite the popular wisdom, no other players have tried to kill me. If they did start shooting at me, and I am in a faction allied to the City Admin, will they come to my aid?

Does this depend on my attacker’s faction?

If I shoot back in self defense, will they come after me too?

Also, in the previous scenario, am will the pawn broker come to the defense of whoever he sees get hit first, or does he think it takes two to tango and put the hurt on everybody that's busting up his store?

Spermy
10-12-05, 19:33
This addresses another question I had about Cop-bots.

I've been playing on the PvP server but, despite the popular wisdom, no other players have tried to kill me. If they did start shooting at me, and I am in a faction allied to the City Admin, will they come to my aid?

Also, in the previous scenario, am will the pawn broker come to the defense of whoever he sees get hit first, or does he think it takes two to tango and put the hurt on everybody that's busting up his store?

I'm unsure of most of this as I keep off the PvP server :p - No skills y'see. Anyhow - the shopkeeper isn't very inclined to put up with any ruckus in his store - if there's comabt going on, he'll shoot whoever he can see. Usually the player.

sultana
11-12-05, 05:41

You've not been killed because I assume you still have your LE chip. And if not, the new SL rules make it basically impossible to PK any allied factions anymore, least of all inside the city.

Copbots only shoot two types of people. Anti-City (DoY Factions) and Negative soullight people. It was -17 and lower, however that might of changed to -32 and lower. They won't shoot anyone else, unless they are defending themselves. So in short, no

and no.

Pawn broker will generally shoot just about anyone, it's just random really depending who shot who, when, where, who zoned and whatnot. But they hardly do a point of damage at the higher levels, so it doesn't really matter.

Hutton
11-12-05, 21:53
You've not been killed because I assume you still have your LE chip. And if not, the new SL rules make it basically impossible to PK any allied factions anymore, least of all inside the city...
No, I took that out immediately. And I have actually gotten implant help from enemy pokers.

I suspect behavior and reputation is more important in a smaller community and a more dangerous environment. As far as I can tell, the PvP server has managed to achieve social stability.