PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Magnasan
08-12-05, 07:48
Yo yo people. Some people may remember me from the 'good old days' of Neocron when Pistol PEs were cool and when 5 capped hybrids could take on the entire server :eek:

Ste-X notified me that there was a new version of NC which apparently looked quite good, so my question is, is it worth coming back? Does it still crash every 10mins? Is it still laggy as hell when you have more than 30 people in a zone fighting? Does it grind to a halt when you try to attack outposts like Soliko?? Is it still getting the big nerf stick?

It would be really cool if we (NAT - New Age Tangerines) could make a come back with the old schoolers like Rizzy, Divide, Bruteforce, Stigmata, Ste-X, Cho etc but is it going to be like it was?

PS - Howdy to all the old school :)

Dargeshaad
08-12-05, 08:59
Why don't you just download and try it for free? Free playtime for old acc until dec 15 or else make a new trial acc

boneybob
08-12-05, 11:25
HA! I rember you, thats amaising! Tell Ste to get back on, get eh old crew back together, and if Omni has calmed down (unlikley :lol: ) tell him to get back here to.

Just do the 14 day free trial and start a new char, thiers plenty to do ;) . And if you do start playing DM me.

giga191
08-12-05, 18:43
these days people just whine about lip, the tempoarily longer reload time and PPUs (and no they haven't boosted PPUs, people are just pickier in general). So no more "omfg i FRE every 10 min" threads

Magnasan
08-12-05, 20:36
Hey BB glad to see some old schoolers still playing, and at least i'll get a realistic view of what it's like.

Problem is i'm now living in New Zealand so my inet connection isn't the greatest and neither is the time zone (Means i'll have to play with the Zoneseeks, Divides etc :p ) Anyway...

How is leveling now? What about rares (Are they still bugged or is it actually possible to get them all?)? I heard it's really hard to tradeskill. Glad it doesn't suffer from al the crashes it used to cos we always said it would be the bombar if it didn't crash every 10mins.

New Dawn > All

I'll give it a download when my connection becomes uncapped (Crappy NZ limits :( )

PS Can one of the moderators unban my Magnazan account pleaseeeee - Dunno why it was banned in the first place but it's been over 2 years? And while i'm asking did Rizzys account ever get unbanned and it even still on the system?

Rikki
08-12-05, 21:08
Hey it's Rikki/Rizzy here.

I'll be giving the trial a go, will be fun rounding up some old faces!

Consider me there around Christmas time.

Rikki

giga191
08-12-05, 21:10
the games in a pretty good state atm apart from the few bugs that i hope they fix with next patch

Ozzon
08-12-05, 21:45
There are bugs, some very old ones too, but still it's worth coming back now. Many things have changed, NC is real fun for many people again.

Magnasan
09-12-05, 00:47
We've managed to round up 10 or so old schoolers who will be making a return in the coming few weeks (When we get organised). See you all soon :)

=Chojin=
10-12-05, 03:12
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<NEED NUFF'S!

Hej Mates!

Kiers
13-12-05, 21:45
hi team!
Ill be on this friday hopefully...come home to the parents to be locked in my room with NC2 for a month :p

Kiers
13-12-05, 21:46
whoops double post

Pravus
14-12-05, 03:53
si come back on ts once in a while you big ****** you just seem to log on for 10 mins talk with zoe in yer own channel then disappear again... i wonder why :angel:

anyway hej, guessin people WONT remember me :wtf: cos i dont think im cool enough to be memorable lol (or i just like bashing myself).... but you playin nc again cho m8? or just readin the boards?

wuwu, Prav

edit: whoops didnt answer yer question at all... tbh atm im enjoyin the game again, breath of fresh air after pvp in WoW with faggish geeks who think they're pvp gods (and say it) for havin a legendary item of ultimate pwnage that not only hits for 5 times that of the average guys weapon but also does stupid things like, make the average guy attack 50% slower and not be able to move, while hammering him with massive crits that take off half his health just by pressing tab, charge and autoattack without aiming....

anyways, NC is pretty much 200% as stable as before. obviously that still aint amazing, alt-tabbing bugs seem to have increased but zone crashing has reduced, plus there isnt massive memory leaks that mean with more than 4 people in the zone your fps drops to .5

honestly i aint done much in the game again yet, mostly been re-equippin, appears that a few people took liberties with my items O_o but nm its kinda fun makin new setups.

plus: PEs have stealth again woohoo! (althouth i think that happened a while ago i just didnt play longer than a few weeks after nc2 release lol)

Magnasan
14-12-05, 05:21
OMFG Click to Pay is the biggest piece of shit ever and i've used plenty of crappy websites. Please find an alternative FFS. BTW i'm still not in it says my CC number is incorrect. Piece of shit website.

Felakin
14-12-05, 05:45
Hello to you all. I have downloaded the trial and really like the game again :)

Many new improvments i have to say. lots of changes since NC 1. I even get lost in NC when i try to find the merchants. They moved them around a bit :wtf:

But the 20'th of December i will be able to move my NC 1 chars into NC 2 and will do so and enjoy the game again. Though I will be all alone it seems like. No known faces around it seems like :( But I hope to get a bunch of new friends pretty fast, looking forward to see you all ingame. The runner I am playing now is named Grignash H-C // T-C Tank on the Terras server.

I really miss the good old days in -=THP=-

Magnasan
14-12-05, 05:50
FFS anyone know how to get Click2shit to work? Keeps saying invalid CC number when it clearly isn't. I have a UK Mastercard btw. Anyone else get these problems?

wargolem
14-12-05, 05:51
si come back on ts once in a while you big ****** you just seem to log on for 10 mins talk with zoe in yer own channel then disappear again... i wonder why :angel:

anyway hej, guessin people WONT remember me :wtf: cos i dont think im cool enough to be memorable lol (or i just like bashing myself).... but you playin nc again cho m8? or just readin the boards?

wuwu, Prav

edit: whoops didnt answer yer question at all... tbh atm im enjoyin the game again, breath of fresh air after pvp in WoW with faggish geeks who think they're pvp gods (and say it) for havin a legendary item of ultimate pwnage that not only hits for 5 times that of the average guys weapon but also does stupid things like, make the average guy attack 50% slower and not be able to move, while hammering him with massive crits that take off half his health just by pressing tab, charge and autoattack without aiming....

anyways, NC is pretty much 200% as stable as before. obviously that still aint amazing, alt-tabbing bugs seem to have increased but zone crashing has reduced, plus there isnt massive memory leaks that mean with more than 4 people in the zone your fps drops to .5

honestly i aint done much in the game again yet, mostly been re-equippin, appears that a few people took liberties with my items O_o but nm its kinda fun makin new setups.

plus: PEs have stealth again woohoo! (althouth i think that happened a while ago i just didnt play longer than a few weeks after nc2 release lol)

if u cant be arsed to read pravs.... erm load of boll*x then yeh its worth coming back however u still crash alot. But the good thing is lag in zones with more than 5 people has been reduced. Zone crashing still exists.

btw prav was ranting about wow being for geeks with lots of spots, high pitched voices, glasses and no life.......... im not going to mention names.

Daigotsu
14-12-05, 13:11
FFS anyone know how to get Click2shit to work? Keeps saying invalid CC number when it clearly isn't. I have a UK Mastercard btw. Anyone else get these problems?

Hello Mag,

nice to see you again. ... missed u soo much :D

for your c2p problem i can only suggest to make use of their helpdesk. a friend of mine used it ... and they helped somehow (but afaik it took some time due to severe stupidness; probably of both sides 8| )

Would be lovely to see u ingame.

KR,
Dai

Magnasan
14-12-05, 20:02
EINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Trying to but it's a pain.

Gortanion
30-01-06, 09:53
nubs.