PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 of free trial, still cant connect

Kiang
08-12-05, 05:22
So here I am on my 3rd day of the free trial and I still cant get past the connecting to server message. I type in the User name and PW that Neocron sent me. Click enter and........ Failed to connect to server. I have tried every single possible combination of the same PW that they sent to see if I was typeing something wrong. It was a no go. Requested a new PW and still no go. Now I am starting to really wonder whats going on. I have turned off all Firewalls that I might accdently have blocking my access. Still no good. All my drivers are up to date so I know its not a graphics issue. I have two other accounts running at the moment in CoH and Saga of Ryzom. I can log in and play both of those games. Ryzoms server is in Euope I belive. So I dont think thats an issue. Im just not sure what I might be missing here. Any extra help would be appreciated. Oh and the response I finally got from tech support was "Make sure your Windows Fire Wall is turned off." heh I never had it on to begin with. =)

joran420
08-12-05, 05:55
are you connecting at university?

Kiang
08-12-05, 07:43
If you mean through a college server then no. I am on DSL from SBC.

Nidhogg
08-12-05, 12:32
Try turning your firewall on and explicitly allowing Neocron access to the internet. Sometimes turning a firewall off doesn't actually help (I had this myself when I used Zone Alarm). Then make sure you don't have a hundred and one things running in your system tray.

Have you sent a ticket to helpdesk@neocron.com? Have you checked out the Neocron website's connection difficulty thread?

N

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-05, 12:44
Try turning your firewall on and explicitly allowing Neocron access to the internet. Sometimes turning a firewall off doesn't actually help (I had this myself when I used Zone Alarm). Then make sure you don't have a hundred and one things running in your system tray.

afaik thats because zone alarm blocks the ports.. turning it off doesn't change the fact it already blocked the ports. had a customer come in the shop a few weeks back who had zone alarm to and my co worker was trying to fix the problem. turning zone alarm off and stuff din't help. when i told him to just remove the program and reboot the pc everything worked fine :)

so yea maybe that goes for more firewalls.. i hate software firewalls anyway :p

Spermy
08-12-05, 15:02
KILLER']afaik thats because zone alarm blocks the ports.. turning it off doesn't change the fact it already blocked the ports. had a customer come in the shop a few weeks back who had zone alarm to and my co worker was trying to fix the problem. turning zone alarm off and stuff din't help. when i told him to just remove the program and reboot the pc everything worked fine :)

so yea maybe that goes for more firewalls.. i hate software firewalls anyway :p

McAffees done me proud - Far fewer issues with that than I had with Zone alarm.

Kiang
08-12-05, 17:47
I dont have zone alarm. I dont think firewalls have anything to do with it. I just turned them off because The only message I got from the Tech was to make sure they were off. I dont know whats going on and only getting one small response from tech support doesnt help the matter any.

Kiang
08-12-05, 18:41
Ok so here is exactly what I did when I started this whole thing. I downloaded the game client for the trial. Installed the client. Set up my account. Got my email from Neocron. Patched the client. Restarted my computer. Allmost allways do after huge patchings like that. Clicked Neocron icon. Logged into account, useing the Neocron email username and PW. Clicked Play Neocron 2. Got through the first advertisements. Got to log in screen. Typed in Username and PW exactly the same as it was in the Neocron email. Several times. Tried it all lowercase. Didnt work. Exited. Started up Neocron. Decided to change my PW because I didnt like the funky one they gave me. Got to the login screen and tried my new PW. Still didnt work. Tried this for an entire day while sending out emails to customer support.

Didnt hear from them till late afternoon yesterday. The only thing I was told to do was turn off your windows firewall. So I did that. Hell I turned off Macfee and my router firewalls just to make sure. Still doesnt work.

I then requested another PW just to see if it might reset itself or if something was up with me changeing my PW. That didnt seem to be the case. I do notice that when I start the game and get to the login screen, I type in user and PW and hit enter, that none of my DSL lights are acting like any information is passing through them. Which makes me wonder if I am actually getting through at all. I ran WinMTR for a few min and get about 2 packet losses every 15 min or so at most. And when they do show up its shows up on their end.

Anyhow Im not sure what else to try at this point. All my drivers are up to date. So no ideas. Any more help would be great. Im not upset at this point, just a little annoyed is all. This game looks like alot of fun to play. Thats why I am trying to figure out why Im not getting in. Otherwise I would just delete and go somewhere else. Thanks again.

paolo escobar
08-12-05, 20:01
Have you tried connecting ur computer directly to the modem without the router?
Is there anything using the same local port as neocron?

I presume u have no probs with the auto patcher etc.

You say u kept on trying different passwords.... when u tried them did it fail and return an incorrect password or account name not found message?
Or just failed to connect?

Also doesnt one of the .ini files contain information regarding the login/game server ip address that the client uses. Could this have got screwed up somehow?

Otherwise you could try reinstalling the client again. Or downloading the client from another source and installing it.

Dade Murphey
08-12-05, 20:45
You didn't say whether you did this or not...but if you told the NC launcher to use a specific port you might/probably need to forward that on your router...

Kiang
09-12-05, 08:50
Ok I tried connecting my modem directly to my computer and same problem. Failed to connect to server. Also tried letting Macfee grant full access to Neocron and same problem. Though I am curious if not having my firewall on and letting it allow Neocron though has a difference. But anyhow neither of those options worked. I did not have any problems with the auto patcher at all. I have completely deleted and reinstalled and repatched the game 3 times now and still have the same issue. This wouldnt have anything to do with being in the stated would it? I am assumeing other people from the stated play the game. Just a thought though really. Anyhow anymore suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again.

nellus
09-12-05, 11:30
have you entered the ports neocron uses into your router specifically?

i think you can find the port no's in the tech help thread.

my friend uses norton and that screws him up (just another thought)

Spermy
09-12-05, 11:42
Ok I tried connecting my modem directly to my computer and same problem. Failed to connect to server. Also tried letting Macfee grant full access to Neocron and same problem. Though I am curious if not having my firewall on and letting it allow Neocron though has a difference. But anyhow neither of those options worked. I did not have any problems with the auto patcher at all. I have completely deleted and reinstalled and repatched the game 3 times now and still have the same issue. This wouldnt have anything to do with being in the stated would it? I am assumeing other people from the stated play the game. Just a thought though really. Anyhow anymore suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again.

I'll see if Biggie has any probs, and how he gets round em.

Where in the states are you? And what connection?

Kiang
09-12-05, 18:49
I am in Texas. I ran winMTR for about 10 min and sent it to tech support upon their request and the response I got was that there wasnt enough of a packet loss to be the problem. He asked me to redownload and reinstall. Thinks its the client. I downloaded it from Fileplanet so who knows. Ill check the ports and see what Im useing. Ill check back soon.

Kiang
09-12-05, 20:12
Well all the ports that need to be open are. So Im still not sure what the issue here is. It seems like when I get to the log in screen and type in username and pw that there is nothing happening on my modem. Like it doesnt even try to connect. In the past if I had a problem with a game at least there was some kind of clue as to what might be going on. This one has me pretty stumped.

joran420
09-12-05, 20:18
have you tried to connect dirrectly to the modem without going through the router yet?

Kiang
09-12-05, 20:23
Yeah a couple of times. I get the same problem.

Kiang
10-12-05, 09:41
Ok Ive opened every port I can think of. Ive downloaded the game from 3 different sites and repatched each time. Ive turned off every firewall and run the game with all the firewalls accepting the program. Im at the end of my road here. I dont think its on my end and if it is Tech support sure isnt helping me. 2 emails in 5 days isnt helping. Half my "free" trial is gone now so I guess Im done. Since I havent actually been able to try out the game that pretty much answers whether or not Im going to play. To bad to, the game looks very interesting. Ive learne quite a bit just reading the site and links I have been able to find. To bad Im not gonna be able to put any of it to good use. hehe. Oh well. Thank you guys for your help. Have fun in neverland. =)

joran420
10-12-05, 10:13
sorry man i really wish i could help...

Kiang
10-12-05, 10:27
WELL KISS MY BIG WHITE ARSE!!! I just logged in. Found something very fishy in my Macfee firewall that was called Client.Exe BLOCKED. Started looking around and found the Neocron2 launcher with full access. So all this time I thought that was the file that was needed to run the game. While looking in the Neocron folder I noticed the Client.exe file and thought wtf? Ok so I granted it full access and now the game runs fine. Heres the Kicker. Why the hell didnt it run when I had Macfee completely turned off? Still dont know the answer to that one. Oh well. Guess Ill go make a character. Any suggestions on what to play? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Nidhogg
10-12-05, 14:43
Go check my post on the first page, I warned you that turning firewalls off don't automatically re-open ports. Don't worry, that got me too once upon a time. ;)

N

Kiang
10-12-05, 19:23
Yeah, but I guess that if its not ON then it shouldnt be blocking. Whow knew!!! hehe Yeah you were right though. Still gotta be one of the silliest things Ive done in a long while. Thats for all the help everyone. Im off to play. =)

Spermy
10-12-05, 19:26
Yeah, but I guess that if its not ON then it shouldnt be blocking. Whow knew!!! hehe Yeah you were right though. Still gotta be one of the silliest things Ive done in a long while. Thats for all the help everyone. Im off to play. =)

Join FA :p :angel:

elGringo
10-12-05, 19:44
Why the hell didnt it run when I had Macfee completely turned off?

Firewalls and Antivir Software is designed to be hard to kill ...even if you shut down the application ..and possibly erasing the process ..it's still idle as a windows service ...you can disable it via msconfig/reboot - everything else does not really shut down the core :)

Good to see you managed to get ingame now tho' :)

Spermy
10-12-05, 21:05
Just found him bumming around FA - quick tutorial on teh Hypercom and 100K, then I sent him on his way :p

The poor mite had a torch :D

Kiang
11-12-05, 10:37
Hey man, My torch rocks!!!!!! Thanks for the help Spermy. Muchos Gracias.

Spermy
11-12-05, 11:39
You poor misguided fool!

Milky rens = Win

the torch comes a poor second. :angel: