PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project - Released!

Thanatos
08-12-05, 03:08
After running into a few problems, Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project was just released!

Head on over to the website to download it (http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=105)!

joran420
08-12-05, 03:09
:) just finished DL...now to waste company dollars

james_finn
08-12-05, 03:09
woot downloading!.... Downloaded

Kudos KK for releasing it on time! The community appreciates it! I have to say its a bit hard, and the fact that you switch to a knife at short range is a bit odd...

Nice though and Im sure I'll work my way through it at some point!

3 Gold Stars ***

Brammers
08-12-05, 03:15
Yeah! 40% downloaded...

Ozzon
08-12-05, 03:20
Congrats for keeping the deadline!

Shakey The Pimp
08-12-05, 03:21
cool downloading now :D

cRazy-
08-12-05, 03:21
I just played it.

Does anyone else find it pretty hard?

Tostino
08-12-05, 03:44
Downloading now ;).

ZoVoS
08-12-05, 03:51
never playing that again >_<

was brilliant. got to the first boss n bloody pressed the windows key.....

ARGH u cant alt tab back into it

i havent been so pissed of since i lost my 5 slot cs

elGringo
08-12-05, 04:04
http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

I must say I'm suprised
Great Job ....not a bad start for them new folks. I cant stand arcade games, ...but this one is ftw - nicely balanced, easy enough for an arcade nib such as myself yet challenging... very nice gfx (higher res would've been appreciated tho') and the sfx were good too :)

Although some of the dialogs were a bit dull, really :p
..and thats the only point I dont like about it.. instead of trying to squeeze in the no-more elves theme and thus writing up a stupid (stupid!) script, I would've prefered a dark & cyberpunk'ish kinda theme - rather than a poor joke :)

But again: Great job .. I'm impressed ! :p

P.S: the loot was crap :mad: ...and Reaperspiders dont jump ffs! :D

-FN-
08-12-05, 04:06
Ummm, am I missing something? Downloaded, installed, and when I run it I get the attached image. It's not very fun. Is there a bug thread? :lol:

Bug Barbecue
08-12-05, 04:18
Ummm, am I missing something? Downloaded, installed, and when I run it I get the attached image. It's not very fun. Is there a bug thread? :lol:

Same here :/

At least I didn't have to restart the whole machine or logoff blind ;)

Ozzon
08-12-05, 04:19
It took my computer some time to launch it for the first time, then it was fine.

elGringo
08-12-05, 04:22
8|

ran extremely smooth and well on my (very) old sys... no probs at all...

Mr Kot
08-12-05, 04:36
Pretty damn sexy :)

I don't think i have time tonight to get past the first level, but i've had a quick run around and it takes me back to games of old ;)

In fact, i've almost forgotten how to play those old games.. i was crap when i first tried to get Mr Jones through those spiders :p

Drake6k
08-12-05, 04:37
Ran great, no problems.

I made it to the 3rd chapter boss and died right when I was going to kill him!!!!

Also I wont spoil the story but It's brilliant :D

Great work kk!

her.
08-12-05, 05:22
damn agressor's neva used to be that deadly in Neocron!!!! lol

Asurmen Spec Op
08-12-05, 06:05
Sex, I died after the first boss

but still sex!
give the coders a little sexing for me :)

scarshapedstar
08-12-05, 06:27
Fix reload times.

sultana
08-12-05, 06:30
Worked perfectly well for me, I killed the last boss on my last life, though I was a little confused there at the end.

Napalm82
08-12-05, 07:06
Downloaded it, worked fine and completed it in one go.
Gotta say I LOVE IT, very good game with a twisted sorta humour, the elf thing might be a bit confusing for new players if they havent been told.

The flamethrower is nice :lol:

- Nap

nobody2004
08-12-05, 08:50
Keep getting dns errors for ng.neocron.com

Is the site down ?

Too many hitting it ?

nobody2004
08-12-05, 09:08
Could someone post a link to the download mirrors ?

Scanner Darkly
08-12-05, 09:36
It's down for me too, and I was looking forward to having something fun to do at work :o

Bugs Gunny
08-12-05, 09:53
Ok, so i wonder who will be the first to write NMEtrainer.exe :-)

Tratos
08-12-05, 09:53
Havnt downloaded it yet i got to go to college but i am very impressed it has been realeasedon time!

Grats on keeping another deadline KK.

DaFire
08-12-05, 11:09
the black screen is the loading screen...

you should be able to alt-tab .. it looks a bit messy at first and is loading again everything but then it should be back.

Argent
08-12-05, 12:45
Only complaints : too easy&short :p

retr0n
08-12-05, 13:46
It's great, I love it.

Only one thing though, when you start with Ms. Jones she dual wields a pair
of pistols, but the icon looks like a rifle. Later when you pick up a flamethrower
the icon then changes to pistols and she still looks like shes holding a pair of
pistols in her hands while shooting flames.

Other then that, great stuff!

netster
08-12-05, 13:50
errr ... no mouse control? :(

Mr Kot
08-12-05, 14:57
errr ... no mouse control? :(
It's an ARCADE game. Arcade machines don't have a mouse ;)

landofcake
08-12-05, 15:00
What i want to know is how long it took your new coders to code that ... because it's really really impressive !!!

hats off ...

Maester Seymour
08-12-05, 15:10
Pretty neat, i like it.

GJ KK. :)

Philchow
08-12-05, 15:14
Very nice game indeed and I loved the 'elf' joke.

Congratulations KK ! :)

unreal
08-12-05, 15:21
Reminds me of M.E.R.C.S (a game I used to love :P) for the Mega Drive. After having a quick dabble at it and then quitting.. I saw one of the advertisements for neocron.. "use one of over 100 different weapons to slay your enemies"...lol, 100 weapons is a bit of an exaggeration considering they're all the same weapons but with different levels or names. :P

Shia
08-12-05, 15:50
Great game realy enjoyed , damm it brought back some memories of old megadrive games (rambo 1st blood for instance) . Goto lvl 3 on 1st go then died >:| , gonna try complete it now ;).

gJ kk Is a fun game .

Sovellis
08-12-05, 18:36
Thats one damn fun game.

Favourite line had to be

"Project: No More elves"

Thats typical City Admin lol

[TgR]KILLER
08-12-05, 18:45
its fun :) looks cool to.. finished it on first go it aint that hard but still fun.

Tratos
08-12-05, 19:04
Really cool tbh.

Great work KK! :)

Judge
08-12-05, 19:23
Good fun, dodgy story so far but amusing I guess....

I'm impressed with KK getting both this and Evo 1.1 out on time. Seems like a different company.

Scaramanga
08-12-05, 20:56
Good fun, I'll be sending the url to as many people as possible.
There any plans for any high score table/finish time submissions?

nobody2004
08-12-05, 21:14
Will there be a version 2 ? :D

Enjoyed it.

Not sure if it will bring new customers to Neocron though ...

Suggestion: Have nc 2.1 downloaded in the background, while one plays nme, and at the end of nme, add a big button: "Enter the world of Neocron" ! :p

Nice news on mmorpg as well: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/4194/

Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project
Date: Dec 08, 2005 Author: Jon Wood
Recently, we told you that the developers of Neocron 2 had given their newbies a separate assignment. That assignment? To create a Neocron arcade-style game. Well, the project, it would appear, was a success and the new arcade-style game, Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project is now available.

Today Reakktor releases the free game Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project. Neocron Arcade is a classic arcade shooter based on the world of the cyberpunk MMORPG Neocron 2 - violence, mutants, sex 'n' crime... and big guns! Blast your way through several chapters with different locations, collect power-ups and weapons and use the slow-motion feature to cut your way through waves of enemies. Test your arcade skills now, it's completely free!

Reakktor also recently released Neocron Evolution 2.1, a massive free add-on for Neocron 2, with many improvements like brand new and highly detailed weapon models, completely redesigned vegetation in the Wastelands, engine performance improvements and new dungeons, quests and monsters. Visit www.neocron.com to download Neocron Arcade, more information and a 10-day-free-trial of Neocron Evolution 2.1!

Tidus_Origin
09-12-05, 19:09
I enjoyed this. A lot of old-school, arcade-style blasting fun.

Join the CityAdmin, travel to foriegn countries, meet exotic people...and kill them. I like my job..

And using the NC2 theme tune on the final boss fight was a nice touch. :D

Digital-Talios
09-12-05, 19:56
Will there be a version 2 ? :D

Enjoyed it.

Not sure if it will bring new customers to Neocron though ...

Suggestion: Have nc 2.1 downloaded in the background, while one plays nme, and at the end of nme, add a big button: "Enter the world of Neocron" ! :p

Nice news on mmorpg as well: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/4194/

Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project
Date: Dec 08, 2005 Author: Jon Wood
Recently, we told you that the developers of Neocron 2 had given their newbies a separate assignment. That assignment? To create a Neocron arcade-style game. Well, the project, it would appear, was a success and the new arcade-style game, Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project is now available.

Today Reakktor releases the free game Neocron Arcade: The N.M.E. Project. Neocron Arcade is a classic arcade shooter based on the world of the cyberpunk MMORPG Neocron 2 - violence, mutants, sex 'n' crime... and big guns! Blast your way through several chapters with different locations, collect power-ups and weapons and use the slow-motion feature to cut your way through waves of enemies. Test your arcade skills now, it's completely free!

Reakktor also recently released Neocron Evolution 2.1, a massive free add-on for Neocron 2, with many improvements like brand new and highly detailed weapon models, completely redesigned vegetation in the Wastelands, engine performance improvements and new dungeons, quests and monsters. Visit www.neocron.com to download Neocron Arcade, more information and a 10-day-free-trial of Neocron Evolution 2.1!

Did I miss something in Evo. 2.1?

nobody2004
09-12-05, 22:28

Didn't you see the MASS of trees that's in there ?!?

Wan't more ?

:angel:

Meliglianor
10-12-05, 03:35
I agree with Killer.. the game wasn't that hard.. only died once and i played it drunk :P

i wich there would hav ebeen a nice heavy weapon(don't count the granades) like a malediction a doomie or maybe just a CS or a Rav

landofcake
10-12-05, 04:24
Reminds me of M.E.R.C.S (a game I used to love :P) for the Mega Drive. After having a quick dabble at it and then quitting.. I saw one of the advertisements for neocron.. "use one of over 100 different weapons to slay your enemies"...lol, 100 weapons is a bit of an exaggeration considering they're all the same weapons but with different levels or names. :P

i remember that game, i used to love it ... although i think i had it on the master system ...

heh

:P

ZoVoS
10-12-05, 04:32

the entier game world has decent grass... and the entier world has trees

that coveres the entier world....

thats massive init?